Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: My Shocking Realization About The Bond no. 9 House!!! (A Must-Read)

I have my 1 bottle of New Haarlem by Bond No 9, which is all the Bond I need. I paid a very meager amount for the 100ml, even compared to grey market bottles. If you actually like Bond no 9 then you may have a good idea. Especially if you change it from an ashtray to a quality wooden box to house your bon bons
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Banned
    Blog Entries

who says it isn't a quality ash tray

There are only 3-4 Bonds worth owning IMO and I want more than sample vials of those 3-4.

I think this idea makes a lot of sense. If any of the Bonds were my "holy grails," I would, of course, want full bottles. However, none of the bonds are my holy grails, so having several samples makes sense to me. Thanks!
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

"Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

"It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

I'll take the samples, since I can reuse the vials! LOL.

Sounds good as long as you are from USA. If you are International customer you better do not do business with Bond no.9 at all. From their website:

"International Shipping

Bondno9.com ships international via PayPal. Flat rate shipping costs are $150.00 USD and are subject to change based on quantity orders. "

I guess that they send it with personal helicopter directly to your place.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    Currently wearing: Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Sounds good as long as you are from USA. If you are International customer you better do not do business with Bond no.9 at all. From their website:

"International Shipping

Bondno9.com ships international via PayPal. Flat rate shipping costs are $150.00 USD and are subject to change based on quantity orders. "

I guess that they send it with personal helicopter directly to your place.
    $150!?!?! Holy s***!!! That's insane.

I think it's just a matter of personal preference. For me, I would always opt for a bottle rather than a multitude of samples regardless of cost. However, I don't see it ever happening for me with this House.

I can only stand 1-2 of the Bond frags out of their entire line.

Also, stop being so cheap and just buy the bottle. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think it's just a matter of personal preference. For me, I would always opt for a bottle rather than a multitude of samples regardless of cost. However, I don't see it ever happening for me with this House.
    Bingo.++++1

This is also true for many of the Amouage scents and their official samples - especially the Opus line, which is definitely cheaper per ml in sample form than in the bottle.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    I can only stand 1-2 of the Bond frags out of their entire line.

Also, stop being so cheap and just buy the bottle. Jeez.
    Cheap? 60 samples is not cheap.

Whilst I can see this being a relatively good idea if you're on a budget, to me, being a collector isn't about using all of the juice in the bottle, it's about having the bottle and being able to use it if the mood so takes you. I've used the analogy before, but a stamp collector doesn't collect stamps in order to send out letters. Same difference. That, to me is the difference between someone who collects fragrances and someone who buys fragrances to use (every drop of).
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Frankly, some of us had already figured this 'samples-vs-splits/decants-vs-full bottles value for $' argument out a loooong time ago. The final decision is personal & it's not always about cost per ml. Thing with Bond No.9 is, I'd never buy a single drop of their fragrance in protest against their bullying tactics and questionable business practices. Bottles or samples, I ain't buying.
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Never tried any of Bond nr. 9 fragrances... I might well like some of them, no doubt of it, but the price tag is ridiculous imo.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

Current Top 7:

Chanel Antaeus (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1981)
    Terre d' Hermes EDT (2006-2009) (Jean-Claude Ellena, 2006)
    Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (Gilles Romey, 1993)
    Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jaques Polge, 2014)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vtg) (Max Gavary, 1994)
    Chanel Allure Homme (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1999)

Blog Entries

I have a post on another board about this...There are a lot of Bon Bon's for sale now on EBAY. I HATE Bond no. 9 EXCEPT New York Amber. I bought 60 Bon Bon's on EBAY for $99 Free shipping. That is a full bottle's worth. I keep 3 or 4 spritzers with my day-to-day frags, the rest in the box in a drawer. If you follow my posts here, you know how cheap I am. Anyway, they are genuine, and don't take up as much room as a bottle, are wrapped to protect against light, can be carried in my pocket, and cost HALF what a bottle cost. BTW, I buy your arguments about liking to have the bottle... EXCEPT where Bond is concerned. Come on... they are the ugliest things around!!!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Frankly, some of us had already figured this 'samples-vs-splits/decants-vs-full bottles value for $' argument out a loooong time ago. The final decision is personal & it's not always about cost per ml. Thing with Bond No.9 is, I'd never buy a single drop of their fragrance in protest against their bullying tactics and questionable business practices. Bottles or samples, I ain't buying.
    What kind of bullying tactics do they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I have a post on another board about this...There are a lot of Bon Bon's for sale now on EBAY. I HATE Bond no. 9 EXCEPT New York Amber. I bought 60 Bon Bon's on EBAY for $99 Free shipping. That is a full bottle's worth. I keep 3 or 4 spritzers with my day-to-day frags, the rest in the box in a drawer. If you follow my posts here, you know how cheap I am. Anyway, they are genuine, and don't take up as much room as a bottle, are wrapped to protect against light, can be carried in my pocket, and cost HALF what a bottle cost. BTW, I buy your arguments about liking to have the bottle... EXCEPT where Bond is concerned. Come on... they are the ugliest things around!!!
    Exactly. Bon bons are much better looking

Default Re: EBAY flooded with Bon Bons?

When buying samples from Bond, you can order an assortment only, not a bunch of samples of the same scent.
    Currently wearing: Sve Exquise by Gobin Daud

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    When buying samples from Bond, you can order an assortment only, not a bunch of samples of the same scent.
    Please read more carefully. I did not suggest to ask bond to buy 6 copies of Wall Street at once. But rather you make ten separate orders of assortments. 10 separate orders.
    Last edited by noirdrakkar; 4th September 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Please read more carefully. I did not suggest to ask bond to buy 6 copies of Wall Street at once. But rather you make ten separate orders of assortments. 10 separate orders.
    Sigh,

If you like it, buy the bottle. If you want to run around with 60 1ml sample bottles, awesome. Just don't get frustrated when people don't understand your logic. I would much rather pay a premium to own a bottle.
    Last edited by psychoskip; 4th September 2012 at 02:36 PM.

If I were a mathematics teacher, I'd be loving the frag/math crossover here.

"I must compliment your work Jimmy, but you forgot to factor in the price of the ashtray...."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    Sigh,

If you like it, buy the bottle. If you want to run around with 60 1ml sample bottles, awesome. Just don't get frustrated when people don't understand your logic. I would much rather pay a premium to own a bottle.
    Not to stir things up, but 1. Bond bottles are ugly. 2. They are NOT worth the $100 you save buying the bon bons, and 3. most of us store our bottles elsewhere and decant smaller amounts into atomizers anyway, it isn't that much trouble. I don't get why everyone is actling like saving money is uncool.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Not to stir things up, but 1. Bond bottles are ugly. 2. They are NOT worth the $100 you save buying the bon bons, and 3. most of us store our bottles elsewhere and decant smaller amounts into atomizers anyway, it isn't that much trouble. I don't get why everyone is actling like saving money is uncool.
    Ugly bottles for an ugly scent!

So you want 17 ml each of six different scents from Bond No 9?

Banned
    Blog Entries

So you want 17 ml each of six different scents from Bond No 9?
    Of course, that's what I was saying.

Because I know I'll never use 100ml of any of their scents. But I do like the variety of the Bond house.

A good fragrance collection has two kinds of fragrances:

Core scents - which are the set of fragrances you wear most of the time
    Off scents - the fragrances you wear every once in a while to spice things up

I don't think any of the Bond scents are core scents, at least in my opinion, so buying a full bottle doesn't make sense to me.
    But there are a lot of interesting fragrances from the line which would make great off-scents, lets say on a day you want to be unique.

So, I keep my Creeds, YSL's, Chanels as my cores. Then my Bonds as my off-scents.

Sounds good to me, if i was in the US, id get 17ml of a few.

*checks uk ebay*

I wish I had known this before I started collecting.

Basenotes Plus

I wish I had known this before I started collecting.
    Me too.

Of course, that's what I was saying.

Because I know I'll never use 100ml of any of their scents. But I do like the variety of the Bond house.

I don't think any of the Bond scents are core scents, at least in my opinion, so buying a full bottle doesn't make sense to me.
    But there are a lot of interesting fragrances from the line which would make great off-scents, lets say on a day you want to be unique.

So, I keep my Creeds, YSL's, Chanels as my cores. Then my Bonds as my off-scents.

I've been doing it wrong

Banned
    Blog Entries

rarely do i get 3 people agreeing with me in a row? is this sarcasm? lol