Code of Conduct

Default Atelier Cologne - get it from them

Was in NYC over the weekend and happened upon the Atelier Cologne store while wife was looking for Tory Burch. Stopped in and just had to try them. Well, she lit upon Bois Blond for me and Vetiver Fatale. Did not think much of Ambre Rue. She was spritzed the Grand Neroli on one arm and then the Grand Neroli on the other and then 3 minutes later, a lighter spritz of the Clover one, cant recall the name, but one of you guys will. I loved that combination, fresh and citrus at the same time.

I was worried that the Bois Blond would not last. I love my scents to project, like a Serge, or a Bond. Was hoping the Amber was more like Tauer LDDM. So, I got the 200ml Bois Blond for $195, and a free 30ml of the Vetiver, with leather case, and a pipette and a 10ml plastic spray bottle (which I somehow lost) so I could decant the Blond Bois for work. So, why get the cologne at the store? They personalize the leather cap to the 200ml and the outside of the leather sleeve for the 30ml for free - a nice touch.

I dealt with Barry, and he was so helpful. Told him about basenotes.

Wore Ambre Rue on Sunday, and wife said she could smell it and liked it, after saying on Saturday it was powdery. Went to the Yankees game on Sunday and rode subway and I was sweating and this scent just wafted up. Wife liked it. But she LOVED the other two. Now, I know some guys here say that this may be a pedestrian line, nice, but nothing earth shattering, but then again, my wife loves Green Irish Tweed on me over say any Bond, or Lutens.

Default Re: Atelier Cologne - get it from them

Orange Sanguine is my fave from that house, that thing is the best orange smell I've smelled from a fragrance so far. More of a novelty fragrance though, it hardly performs as a modern fragrance for me, more of "let me spray myself with that nice orange scent so I smell like an orange for a little bit" sorta thing. They got sexy stickers on their bottles though, good stuff.

I own Oolang Infini and Bois Blonds. I like the line a lot, and am very anxious to try the 2 new ones.

Atelier Cologne is a quality cologne house, on at least a couple of counts. I have bottles of Orange Sanguine, Oolang Infini, Bois Blonds and Vetiver Fatal. Ordering directly from their NoLiTa/SoHo store (I've done this both in person and via email/over the phone) is highly recommended, as Barry (the General Manager) and Gerard (President for N. America), really go out of their way and take care of their customers. On various occasions, Barry has sent me complimentary 10-15 ml samples of Grand Neroli, Vanille Insensee, Ambre Nue and Rose Anonyme, apart from a number of their postcard vials. They have a great, client-oriented culture to back up their great products.

Apparently the concentration is EDP but the style of the house is cologne.

for swap/sale:

The one you could not recall is Trefle Pur, and a favourite of mine.

I have all 9 bottles of this line in 200ml size in my collection and personally like each and every one of them.

I really like Grand Neroli, it's really nice to wear in hot summer days. I also recently tried the newest two, Vetiver Fatal and Rose Anonyme. Both are outstanding in my opinion, especially Rose Anonyme which I reviewed hereon my blog if you're interested in reading my thoughts.

http://chemistinthebottle.wordpress....-rose-anonyme/

Don't really think much of Atelier, Vetiver Fatale is decent though, haven't tried their rose, but I don't care for most of their others in the line. Orange Sanguine is just too one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Orange Sanguine is just too one dimensional.
    Maybe it was intended on being like that? Food for thought.

for swap/sale:

I can understand that, but let me rephrase my sentence how I intended then "Orange Sanguine is just too one dimensional for me"

I rarely was to just smell like orange juice, I have a few citrus scents to pick from and the way it bores me I would never pick it out from them.