Code of Conduct

Thread: Baby Steps

Default Baby Steps

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. They say that insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

So, I'm going to try some baby steps to cut down on my cologne spending habits. This has really helped me with weight loss and debt reduction, so let's give it a whirl in the scent world.

Step 1 - No more scents from Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. I NEVER keep them. They are like cheap "crack". And I always lose money on the swap or resale. It is simply a momentary "rush" from buying something.

Step 2 - 1 bottle per month at "payday". I'd say nothing until Christmas, but let's be real! These are baby steps.

For me, those are two steps that are realistic and attainable. I'm going to give it a shot.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Baby Steps

I haven't been here in ages...so that has helped me lol. I decided I was going to cut my wardrobe down drastically to maybe only 6 bottles. I've been slowly finishing off everything or giving away partial bottles to my friends/family. However, I went on a trip recently and decided to wear a sample I found in my luggage. Loved it, bought a bottle, but then realized on full wearing that it really doesn't smell that great on me. I took that as a big sign . That bottle is now up for sale here, btw.

I guess my step was to really evaluate what my very favorite fragrances are...and some of you might be surprised that KC Reaction didn't make the cut :O.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    I haven't been here in ages...so that has helped me lol. I decided I was going to cut my wardrobe down drastically to maybe only 6 bottles. I've been slowly finishing off everything or giving away partial bottles to my friends/family. However, I went on a trip recently and decided to wear a sample I found in my luggage. Loved it, bought a bottle, but then realized on full wearing that it really doesn't smell that great on me. I took that as a big sign . That bottle is now up for sale here, btw.

I guess my step was to really evaluate what my very favorite fragrances are...and some of you might be surprised that KC Reaction didn't make the cut :O.
    Yeah, I'm bad for that...try a sample and say "I've gotta have it!" I'm at about 35 full bottles right now, NONE from the stores I mentioned because I don't value those scents and never keep them. My new mantra is "1 day at a time".

I told myself only frags on my list and only once a month. I fell off the wagon today and bought a second frag, but I'm going to return it tomorrow! no more cheating!

Dependent

i like your way of thinking i will do same....... sadly i cracked on blind buys an bought cafe noir yesterday.........
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille