9 10.47%
  • Serge lutens: chergui

15 17.44%
  • Hermes Hermessence: ambre narguile

28 32.56%
  • Tauer: L'air du desert marocain

38 44.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default POLL:amber absolute vs. chergui vs. ambre narguile vs. tauer l'air du desert marocain

hello everyone

please vote for your favorite among these 4 perfumes.
    It is important to mention which of these 4 perfumes you have never tested out in order to take that into consideration.

1- tom ford private blend: amber absolute
    2- serge lutens: chergui
    3- Hermes hermessence: ambre narguile
    4- Tauer: L'air du desert marocain

Thanks
    Last edited by joov84; 5th September 2012 at 05:59 AM.

Default Re: POLL:amber absolute vs. chergui vs. ambre narguile vs. tauer l'air du desert marocain

havent smelled Tauer, but among the other 3 Ambre Narguile is my fave.

Default Re: POLL:amber absolute vs. chergui vs. ambre narguile vs. tauer l'air du desert marocain

Hermes Hermessence: Ambre Narguile

Sound Scents

Chergui by Serge Lutens
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Hard to choose between Ambre Narguile and L'Air Du Desert Marocain. I went with the Tauer.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

I have a sample of Chergui, have tested Amber Narguille, and own Amber Absolute. So I suppose I have to vote for AA. That being said I just blind bought a bottle of LDDM, arriving this week. Here's hoping I don't regret it!

I own all four and they are all excellent fragrances; I wouldn't want to be without any of them, but if I had to save one, it would be Ambre Narguile (today!)
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

L'Air Du Desert Marocain

Gotta go with L'Air Du Desert Marocain as it is a modern masterpiece and totally uniquel.

I love every one of them, but amber absolute works better on my skin. L'air smells great but doesn't have a good relation with my skin (it stays very close), chergui and ambre narguile are great smells but their performance is mediocre.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    That being said I just blind bought a bottle of LDDM, arriving this week. Here's hoping I don't regret it!
    Don't forget to let us know your thoughts once you get it.

They're all great frags, but Chergui is the one for me that smells great "effortlessly." It's smooth, complex, not overly harsh, sweet or powdery and blends well with my skin chemistry.
    Sales thread here

Dependent

tough one but had to go with ambre narguile

I would go for LDDM but since Amber Absolute is discontinued, go get the Amber Absolute then the LDDM later. =)

They're all very good but very different.

I prefer L'Air Du Desert Marocain out of the lot.

But only because the medley of notes in its complexity appeals to me. Chergui and Ambre Narguile are complex as well but on the sweeter side. Amber Absolute is an excellent smoky amber.

for swap/sale:

thanks for the input everyone
    it seems that it was a difficult choice for most
    for those basenoters who haven't voted, please do in order to get a representative sample that would be useful for all.
    please remember to mention the perfume that you have never tried if applicable

Tauer by a long shot

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Don't forget to let us know your thoughts once you get it.
    I just received my bottle of LDDM and I am blown away, I'll need to give it a full wearing to see if it tops AA for me, but I can say sofar LDDM is proving much more dynamic and layered. Beautiful.

i have tried all of them, and i AN is my personal favourite

I voted for Tauer, but haven't tried Amber Absolute.

Just love amber narguile but all 4 are quality. The Hermes and the Tauer are the only that I own full bottles of.

I'd rank them this way:

1. Amber Absolute
    2. L'Air du Desert Marocain
    3. Ambre Narguile
    4. Chergui

I like all four, though.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

thank you all for participating
    for those basenoters who didn't participate, please do

I must be breaking a basenotes law, but I really don't like the Tauer. Also, AA is repulsive to me, it has nothing going for it other than in your face resinous amber (a personal thing, but I just can't do it.) Cherugi is something I have to be in the mood for, which isn't often. Ambre Narguile gets my vote by a lightyear.

Amber...follow closely by Chergui. But after that the other two fall into an volcano. l'air du desert marocain STINKS and Absolute is not far behind.

And I have tested all 4. Have about 50ML' decants of AN, 30ML of Absolute, 20ML of Chergui and 10 ML of l'Air du Desert
    Last edited by LoPsOrange; 21st September 2012 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    havent smelled Tauer, but among the other 3 Ambre Narguile is my fave.
    +1...
    Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Creed Baie de Genievre
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
    Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum
    Serge Lutens Douce Amere
    Parfum d'Empire Aziyade
    MFK Lumiere Noire
    Etat Libre d'Orange Noel au Balcon
    Etat Libre d'Orange Delicious Closet Queen
    Guerlain Habit Rouge

There ain't no devil - that's just god when he's drunk

Banned

Ambre Narguile.

All 3 are fantastic. My preferences in order are:

1. Ambre Narguile
    2. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    3. Amber Absolute
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Ambre Narguile

Banned

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer.

just another reminder for those basenoters who didn't participate, please do

I don't see the connection but prefer LDDM anyway

Ambre Narguile, all the way.

L'Air Du Desert Marocain, no doubts.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

1.LDDM
    2. AA
    3. AN
    4. Chergui

I like the first three, dislike Chergui. I'm actually wearing Amber Absolute right now and was just thinking how nice it is. A really solid, great scent for fall and winter.

Guerlainista

I voted for the Tauer, as that is the one I would choose to have a bottle of now. Chergui would be my second choice. I've tried them all. I fiind AA to be a simple, overpriced amber, and AN smells like a scented Christmas spice candle to me - pleasant, but not particularly interesting.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

mihailo

A. Narguile is incomparable. Creme de la creme.

Quote Originally Posted by mihailo View Post
    A. Narguile is incomparable. Creme de la creme.
    This man has said it best

I enjoy all of these mentioned. However, Tauer: L'air du desert marocain is best for me.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

I own LDDM and Chergui. The other 2 I haven't sampled. LDDM is much more "masculine" to my nose. Chergui is quite nice but leans feminine to my nose...smells beautifull on my wife though...Im gonna try Chergui again after a few weeks I heard when you come back to it you fall in love with it...

just another reminder for those basenoters who didn't participate, please do.