Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Coromandel

Well i received a package from a fellow basenoter, which consists of lots of sample ( Thanks brotha!), so as soon as i received it i had to sample some of the items. I went ahead and put one SMALL spray of Coromandel on the top of my hand and wow is this stuff POTENT! I honestly was afraid to leave my office it was so strong.

I walked out to go to the fax machine and had 2 women i work with ask me what i was wearing and that it smelt amazing. I normally don't get that reaction first time i sample a scent so that was pretty shocking, but i'm not sure if its more because they loev the smell and its something they would wear or if it was truly a nice smell for a man.

It's been on my hand for a few hours now and still going strong and kind of on the fence if this is too feminine but dam is this stuff strong! I can see 1-2 sprays tops with this.

For the people who own this, what type of feedback have you received with this one?

Default Re: Chanel Coromandel

Only positive.

I enjoyed it for a while but got rid of my bottle. The sweetness made me feel uncomfortable and the potting soil note turned me off.

Quality juice though.

Enjoy

I just purchased a bottle of this and have not been able to wear it PP because of the excessive heat I live in and cannot imagine wearing it until this weather cools off. I can see this one bringing in all sorts of reactions. 2 sprays, im good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    I just purchased a bottle of this and have not been able to wear it PP because of the excessive heat I live in and cannot imagine wearing it until this weather cools off. I can see this one bringing in all sorts of reactions. 2 sprays, im good.
    Yea thats one of my concerns Since this stuff is very strong and being in Florida And the heat. I know we spend most of our time on climate controlled areas, but some scents just feel More geared for Cooler weather and this seems like one

Handle with care. It is a fem that can be worn by men, however, with discretion. You risk feeling dressed in drag if overapplied.

Its excellent. Such a regal take on patchouli. It differs from Borneo 1834 in the way that Borneo takes after it's name. Its rugged, bold and unforgiving. A raw patchouli with traces of cocoa (not gourmand chocolate).
    Coromandel is a polished version of Borneo 1834.

I don't find it feminine at all.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Handle with care. It is a fem that can be worn by men, however, with discretion. You risk feeling dressed in drag if overapplied.
    +1

This is why I had to let it go.

I find it genderless. And Borneo 1834 on the masculine side.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    +1

This is why I had to let it go.
    thatdoesn'tmakescents

for swap/sale:

I love it and you're right it's potent! Projection is serious, I can always tell when my girlfriend steals it from me from the other side of the house. I actually purchased a bottle for my mother who loved it after sampling mine, she wears it all the time, but finds it a bit too "masculine" at times. Take that how you will....

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Its excellent. Such a regal take on patchouli. It differs from Borneo 1834 in the way that Borneo takes after it's name. Its rugged, bold and unforgiving. A raw patchouli with traces of cocoa (not gourmand chocolate).
    Coromandel is a polished version of Borneo 1834.

I don't find it feminine at all.
    +1 on above, i don't think it's feminine at all, unisex at best, however i agree with the comment that it worn better in the colder weather/season.

Dependent

I just got myself a bottle from a fellow BNer. When i first tested it at a local store, I fell in love with it! Gotten only compliments on it so far and yes, two sprays max for me. I will definitely get another bottle should mine finishes
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Blog Entries

It's my signature fragrance, and i love it. I love the aging hippie type of patchouli smell, that someone else referred to as potting compost. But this is a mature, more grown up version, a more refined hippie patchouli, than that Spiritual Sky Patchouli Oil, that i used to smell on my boyfriends in the eighties, which was like sticking your nose in a plant pot. I found it very sexy and alluring then, and Coromandel makes me feel that way now.

I'd love to smell this on my husband, but he's not really into fragrances. So i'd like it if i smelled it on a fella sometime, somewhere, to see if i get that sexy feel from it, of teenage romance, and dramatic heartbreaking rollercoaster relationships that were the order of the day back then. Great memories.

Positive reactions so far. Definitely unisex, and it got the stamp of approval from my sister, who normally recoils anytime I wear something generally considered feminine.

Fantastic fragrance, its very unisex and its strong too. I bought a bottle and im waiting to arrive.
    My second favorite from the Exclusifs line (Cuir de Russie my favorite)

I'm really considering this one, love the lasting power of it and overall smell. I have read others mentioned that it has a similiar vibe to MR, which i can kind of see in the dry down a bit...but not too much. Overall, its quality no question about it, just not sure if i can wear it as much as i'd like.

Its pretty dam hot today and i'm wearing chergui and it's working out great, which imo is a pretty strong scent as well.

I'm I the only one who thinks this smells somewhat like a spiced chai tea?

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Yes

Spiced Chai tea is basically black tea (aka red tea) with spices. Spices here primarily used are cardamom, cloves and cinnamon.

I don't get either of these in Coromandel.

On top of that, Coromandel reeks of patchouli which cannot be used in spiced chai tea.

I wonder what in Coromandel reminds you of spiced chai. Im interested.

for swap/sale:

yep.

well that settles that, I'm insane

I'm not really sure what makes me think that, and it's not like I smell it and say mmm chai tea, but I smell it and it reminds me of it.

well that settles that, I'm insane

I'm not really sure what makes me think that, and it's not like I smell it and say mmm chai tea, but I smell it and it reminds me of it.
    Makes sense. When I smell Vetiver Bourbon I imagine rotting bark on the jungle floor.

for swap/sale:

Makes sense. When I smell Vetiver Bourbon I imagine rotting bark on the jungle floor.
    you're crazy too.. lol.

I've gotten several compliments on this gem

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    you're crazy too.. lol.
    i don't actually think it smells like that.
    was just trying to be supportive of StarShipVelcro LOL

for swap/sale:

Even women find it masculine

Great scent in terms of smell, projection and longevity!!!

shrink..

well, that makes me feel better

OK, got a compliment on it: I decided to give a full wear after posting in this discussion thread. As I reported, I found it amazingly strong, disliked the feeling, could not stop getting whiffs of it during the whole day. Eight hours after application, a female colleague told me that I smelt great, "is that something with patchouli?"...

Long story short: I usually get compliments from scents I am not particular fond of. Interesting.

It's for a beautiful woman. And people that want to smell like one.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

well, that makes me feel better
    lol

I don't think you can hear a bad feedback for that,Chanel is a real reputable and most liked brand.I see it almost in every Online Beauty Store.

Banned

I disliked it at first sniff, all i could smell was some sweetnes, vanila sweet, and reminded me of cheap women smells, but when i gave it a try , the dry down is exceptional, nice!

And this smell obviously is very well recieved among people who dont think too much of parfumes, just go with the flow. For me this one was too simple, because of sweet smell, and i would not buy it.but i admit its great product for chanel when it has so many positive reactions to it. I prefer more complex, or demanding frags, that tell biger story:-)

Banned

The elegance of Coromandel by Chanel will shine in the fall and winter.

Long lasting and projects quite a bit! Definitely one of my favorites and one of the smoothest patchouli fragrances I've tried. It reminds me of white chocolate and very smooth patchouli.
    On my wish list.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

One of my faves ever!

I like it a lot but it makes me sneeze. Not sure whats in there that does that

Pretty much what most have said -- great fragrance for the cold seasons. I've worn it at the office and have gotten compliments from both women and men.

Also, never spray Coromandel on clothes. It won't stain but its scent would stick on it even after a couple washes!

It's a great scent, but, Sycomore might be more your style.

Being a patchouli scent lover, I am looking for an elegant patchouli that stands out from the crowd (you know, the Sephora, designer fragrance, like crowd). So I am considering Dior's Patchouli Imperiale and Chanel Coromandel. I'll appreciate knowing from users of Chanel Coromandel if you consider it to be a feminine fragrance. I don't mind wearing unisex, but is Chanel more on the feminine or masculine side? Right in the middle? Thanks

carlosrafael

Coromandel is easy wearable by man. It has sophisticated edge that some may find feminine but to me it is perfectly unisex, maybe even more masculine than feminine. If you want different patchouli you should also try Guerlain L Instant Extreme which to my nose is as much patchouli as cocoa.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Thanks Dreamer for your advice on Coromandel. Much appreciated.

Coromandel is a beautiful scent and can easily be worn by a man - to me it's actually quite gender-neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosrafael View Post
    Being a patchouli scent lover, I am looking for an elegant patchouli that stands out from the crowd (you know, the Sephora, designer fragrance, like crowd). So I am considering Dior's Patchouli Imperiale and Chanel Coromandel. I'll appreciate knowing from users of Chanel Coromandel if you consider it to be a feminine fragrance. I don't mind wearing unisex, but is Chanel more on the feminine or masculine side? Right in the middle? Thanks
    It's very gender-neutral for me as well.

I find it a very bright fragrance that might make it more feminine for some but it is totally unisex to me.