Code of Conduct

Default Best time for 1 Million

So...I have loads of samples as I am trying to figure out what I like/want to buy. Now, I'm the guy who likes to break up his samples into spring day, spring night, summer day, summer night...so on. I keep reading mixed reviews on the best time to wear 1 Million. Right now, I have it in the winter night category. Yes/No? Does it work in the fall? In the day?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Default Re: Best time for 1 Million

I don't really see it as a daytime thing, though I suppose it depends one what you do during the day. I pretty much only see this as a party scent, which I guess translates to evening. Spicebomb, to me, is a better take on the same idea.

Winter Night or Summer Night (with caution)
    1 Million projects like a mad-man, so try not to suffocate those around you. I can see it as a night fragrance in general. If you're outdoors, you can get away with more.
    Essentially, any season at night, just be careful with the sprayer.

Colder weather.

I see it as an anytime scent.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I see it as an anytime scent.
    As do I.

Banned

1 Million by Paco Rabanne is a perfect clubbing scent, and has a sweet, spicy, bubble-gum smell. It has great projection, wherein the scent goes beyond your personal space, and average longevity, about 8 hours. However, it can get cloying, so easy on the tigger - spray sparingly.

Dependent

winter night

1 Million just screams party and clubbing. Although I've heard it sells like hotcakes, I haven't actually run into anyone wearing this at a bar or club. Perhaps because all the smoke and smell of alcohol and thousands of other fragrances in the air turns everything into a huge olfactory mess, making it hard to single out any particular fragrance.

Suitable mainly for autumn/winter, but also for evening wear in general during any season and for any temperature.

The only time it should be worn (IMO) when going out to a party or club in the winter time. It also shouldn't be worn by anyone over the age 25.

I do however think the scent is great, and if I was much (MUCH) younger, I see myself wearing it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance-fetish View Post
    It also shouldn't be worn by anyone over the age 25.

I'm 33...well...will be 34 by the winter. Haven't tested on my skin yet, but I really liked it on paper. I can see the "younger scent" thing though. Still...if it sits well on me, and my wife and I like it...it'll be mine
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Winter Night or Summer Night (with caution)
    1 Million projects like a mad-man, so try not to suffocate those around you. I can see it as a night fragrance in general. If you're outdoors, you can get away with more.
    Essentially, any season at night, just be careful with the sprayer.
    +1
    Solid advice

Winter day (I mean snowing/ice) as it'll project a lot.
    In all honesty I think Le Male would be better for what you'd want it for because it's not as synthetic and sickly smelling, but that's just my view mate.
    :-)

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

If you're careful with the sprayer and spray accordingly I think you could pull it off anytime once it has dried down for me I don't really find it offensive, overly sweet or cloying on my skin at all and haven't had any complaints. Whereas for me black xs was far too sweet and cloying for anytime use. Great scent in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance-fetish View Post
    The only time it should be worn (IMO) when going out to a party or club in the winter time. It also shouldn't be worn by anyone over the age 25.

I do however think the scent is great, and if I was much (MUCH) younger, I see myself wearing it all the time.
    Completely disagree! I'm 42 and love 1 Million. It's a staple for me in the winter (and I even wear it occasionally in warm weather, just because I love the scent so much.). I really don't agree with the ideas of fragrances being for certain ages only. (especially modern/contemporary fragrances). I have no interest in smelling like an "old man" or grandpa. Lol. But then again, I tend to dress younger and hang out with younger friends too. Also, I don't really care what's considered "appropriate". If I like it, I'm gonna wear it and if someone doesn't then, oh well, I couldn't care less (but I also don't work in a professional type job where everything is scrutinized either (thank god!).

Anyway, my point, wear whatever you like and feel as young as you want. As I said, I'm in my 40s & I often rock aquatics, gourmands, etc. without a second thought. (but I also still shop at American Eagle/Hollister, etc., and still listen to dance & Top 40 music. Zero interest in "growing up" for me

^^While I agree that it's hard to say "this shouldn't be worn by someone older/younger than XX," I think there's some truth to how we view scents. For example, I am 33, and there have been scents that I've smelled and my mind pictures a college kid going to a frat party. I may like the smell, but it just FEELS too young for me. At the same time, there have been some scents that made me think of someone older. Example: Tom Ford for Men. I really like that scent, but when I've tested it, I keep picturing someone who is about 3-5 years older than me and MUCH more in-style I think it's an impression we have while wearing it. Just testing 1 Million on paper, I can see why people call it a scent for "younger" guys...but I'm like you, when I try it, if I love it, I'll buy it. Same with Tom Ford for Men...it's currently on my "Buy" list.

1 Million is a good scent for bumming around on the weekends, I'm 46 and wear it with impunity, however I am pretty loose about what I wear when not at work. I really don't care about night and day time. My SOTD goes on in the morning and I never switch during the day to a 2nd scent.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Banned
    Blog Entries

1 million is NOT a clubbing-only fragrance ; thats just the association

Never.

It's perfect for that moment right when you realize you regret what you just sprayed on your skin.