Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Vince Camuto

From fragrantica.com:

Design house of Vince Camuto launched its fragrance debut, Vince Camuto women's perfume, in 2011, and is presenting its first fragrance for men, also simply named Vince Camuto, in mid-August 2012.

The scented formula is created by perfumer Harry Fremont of Firmenich as boldly fresh and woody. It opens with Italian bergamot, sparkling mandarin and black pepper. Lavender in the heart is mixed with nutmeg and sensuous leather accord. Precious woods, patchouli and vetiver are blended with musk in the base.

Top notes: bergamot, mandarin, pepper
    Heart: lavender, nutmeg, leather
    Base: precious woods, patchouli, vetiver, musk

The bottle is of classic rectangular shape, wrapped in stylish black leather stamped with the family’s crest. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Vince Camuto

Nice bottle.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Love the bottle and this does spark my interest but in the back of my mind I keep hearing remember this is marked by Parlux Fragrances the Perfumania folks.....who do Marc Ecko crap

Banned

Sure hope it holds something special. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like it could be interesting....agree that the bottle is beautiful and elegant. I am a fan of Harry Fremont since I own and love Michael, Power and Black Walnut....

Saw this at Macy's today. I got a quick whiff and it wasn't bad. I was in the run though so nothing substantial. Will have to get back to do a real sampling.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

This is waiting for me when I get to work in a bit, can't wait to try it. I liked Vince Camuto for women so I have high hopes for this. If I have a good signal (and can hide from my managers) I will post my initial thoughts

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. First spray is very nice. The leather, pepper and bergamot combine to almost give an impression of oud. Reminiscent to a combo of royal oud and Aventus to a lesser extent. However, that changes and turns to a mild pepper spice and then it stays very close to the skin. I find myself saying that a lot lately and i think I was wrong about code ultimate recently when I thought others would not be able to perceive it on my skin. But with ultimate I would get the occasional hint of the frag depending how I moved. With Vince Camuto I struggle to find it in my arm 1.5 hrs later.
    Again this is just the first impression so time will tell
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Ugh what is deal with designers creating all these "skin scents". Thanks for the review I will have to search this out in Macys. I tired the Hanae Mori scent for men and it was also very much a skin scent too

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    Reminiscent to a combo of royal oud and Aventus to a lesser extent.
    Thanks for the warning.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 5th August 2012 at 12:42 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yaawwwwwnnnnn

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sur la Plage

I tried it today - not good.

I've heard this is very nice.....I will sample and see for myself.....Gary

I sampled it and within 10 secs I couldn't smell it on my skin anymore.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    I sampled it and within 10 secs I couldn't smell it on my skin anymore.
    I actually thought the longevity was fine. It's just not a smell I wanted to have last.

I checked this out today and I have to say a lot of money went into that bottle design no cheap plastic and real leather wrapped. The box is also beautifully done with an embossed leather texture feel even the wax seal on the bottle is metal. I did like how they omitted the lame "for men" or "homme" it just Vince Camuto.

**Sigh ....you can't get everything though looks like so much was spent on that rich looking presentation that the contents inside can't live up to the expectations. I really wish the scent was bolder and deeper in the likes of Bel Ami or Micheal Kors.

Again beautiful packaging Parlux! But all your fragrances are subpar and that is why you push them at your Perfumania

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    Nice bottle.
    Agree.

Basenotes Plus

Tried it today at Macy's. Extremely underwhelming.

I got a sample yesterday at our local Belk's store. I haven't tried it out yet though so we'll see.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Sampled it at Nordstrom's last weekend. Another generic fragrance.

I think it rocks! Longevity is surpringly good and it's the perfect green musky smell that I've been looking for. I really love the verifier in this and find the overall quality quite good.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Its a very basic fragrance with a quality presentation. Could have been a generic CK or Perry Ellis if you didn't see the bottle.

It's a lot better than any Perry Ellis or CK that I own (I only own Perry Ellis M and Red, and CK Shock and Euphoria). This one smells a little more..."up there" if you will.

I smelled this last week and I literally could hardly smell anything. The bottle is beautiful though.