Code of Conduct

Default Aventus: The Ghost! The Beast!

Yes Yes another one of those darned Creed Aventus threads. I figured for my 100th post and first ever thread, what better way to start off then with a bang!

So I tried Aventus for the first time and did 3 sprays. I had read about the power this juice possessed and I had read about how it disappears! So 3 sprays (2 on each side of neck and 1 on chest) and about an hour later I couldn't smell it. Hence Aventus The Ghost! I thought it had vanished. I wasn't out and about so had no one to give me any input. I wasn't too happy but I wasn't impatient either thanks to all the threads I read on here. So I figured I will try a bit more and went with 6sprays (2 neck, 2 chest and 2 wrists) and same thing! POOF! It was gone in under an hour, hell maybe even in 30minutes. Now when I say gone, it was gone to me. Again I had tried this at home and so had no one around to comment or perhaps run for their dear life!

The third time I went with the "less is more" approach and did 2 sprays. 1 on t-shirt (chest area) and 1 on upper arm on the outside. I did pinch my nose when I sprayed to avoid smelling it right away. 3 hours later I went to visit a friend and after some conversation asked him if he could smell any fragrance on me. He said yes he did and he was a few feet away from me, said he could smell it pretty strong too! This was good news to me. Aventus The Beast! I was able to sniff it a good 16 hours later on the t-shirt! I was getting wafts of it from my arm a good 12+ hours!

Needless to say I love this juice and I will always have Aventus in my wardrobe! I did receive a few compliments from the ladies, a friend's g/f said I smelled amazing, another one stayed quite close at a party.

There you have it: Aventus The Ghost/ The Beast! Since it is my first thread, do go easy on me. I am joking.. feel free to rip it apart

If I miscounted my posts and this turns out to be #99, then fair warning, I will have to do this again

Blog Entries

Default Re: Aventus: The Ghost! The Beast!

Geez, when are the "We love Aventus" T-shirts coming out? To me, it is no better than many other fragrances, In fact, like most Creed's it doesn't have longevity. I think it is a marketing ploy, get people to spritz tons on, carry it in atomizers, and they will be buying 55 gallon drums of the stuff. I would love to sponsor a "blind smell test" of some of the superstar frags vs. the underrated little guys, to see who really comes out on top. I followed a post of a million responses calculating which the better LOT # of Aventus was!!!! If they are so poor in quality control that I have to research a lot # forget it. I challenge each Aventus worshipper to do an HONEST comparison with their second-favorite frag. and ask is it really that much better? You could buy the $420 Flacon from Creed and use it up in a year, or you could buy 3 bottles of a Mona di Orio, Serge Lutens or another niche perfumer for $140 and have them last 5 years.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 6th September 2012 at 12:47 PM.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Geez, when are the "We love Aventus" T-shirts coming out?
    lol I might have to put that as my signature. Yeah I enjoyed Aventus and still think its a unique scent but im personally over it at the moment. Glad you are enjoying it though CK and grats on the tripple digits
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    lol I might have to put that as my signature. Yeah I enjoyed Aventus and still think its a unique scent but im personally over it at the moment. Glad you are enjoying it though CK and grats on the tripple digits
    LOL,I love it!! I have been immortalized. P.S. I don't mean to offend anyone, Just early morning rant.

Be careful of nose fatigue as it does not mean if you cannot smell it that others can't either. I did the same thing the first time with Musc Ravageur and sprayed extra on as I could not smell it. I went to the bank after and had people stepping away from me holding their noses and coughing.lol

I had the same experience with Aventus though from a sample. Unfortunately the scent was dominated by a dry smoke that I didn't find very appealing. Could be the batch I received I suppose, I'll have to try it again at some point.

This is bad news for someone whos eyeing Aventus - i remember smelling many years ago and wasnt thrilled, although some people tell me "i aint missing a thing" / but yes you guys are right too many posts about AVENTUS is starting to sound like some marketing ploy..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    I had the same experience with Aventus though from a sample. Unfortunately the scent was dominated by a dry smoke that I didn't find very appealing. Could be the batch I received I suppose, I'll have to try it again at some point.
    The samples I tried were also very smokey/ashtray smelling...Could be the batch, but like I said Poor consistency doesn't exactly instill confidence... No nose fatigue, no one else could smell it 2 hours later.

It's funny because my first experience was nearly the opposite: it lasted forever, and my second wearing I got olfactory fatigue and could barely smell it. I think the trick is not to overuse it. I love it, but cannot wear it more than once a week.

Three sprays for me worked just fine with this one.

It`s easy to get olfactory fatigue with Aventus. Sometimes I can`t almost smell it at all, but I know it`s there because when I take a shower the next morning (after 24 hours), it`s almost like Aventus bloom up again! Amazing.

Banned
    Blog Entries

MyMickers from Youtube got sent home from work for wearing 3 sprays. So, everyone's degree of olfactory fatigue is different.

Personally, I think Aventus is well worth the hype. I can't say best of all time, it depends on the day. Some days, I'm lukewarm on it. Other days, I can't function without a sprayer of Aventus next to my desk.

Incredible scent and compliment getter. It is the king of olfactory fatigue, as others easily detect it on me. For my nose to continue perceving it, I have to give it a break from time to time.

Dammit, I wish there was a cure for olfactory fatigue. It's the bane of any fragrance lovers life. Well, that and the silly money we throw away to not be able to smell something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Be careful of nose fatigue as it does not mean if you cannot smell it that others can't either. I did the same thing the first time with Musc Ravageur and sprayed extra on as I could not smell it. I went to the bank after and had people stepping away from me holding their noses and coughing.lol
    It's not the number of sprays. It's the fact that Musc Ravangeur stinks. You should have worn A*men instead.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Wow.Aventus has really become a hit lately.Even one of the Creed and Boss Collection are being left out.No Matter,Go Adventus.

No one smells aventus on me... I'm starting to think it's all just a bunch of hype.

BTW, any scent on your shirt is going to last exponentially longer than a scent sprayed on your skin.

I have scarves that smell like Burberry London after a week, when the stuff barely lasts a few hours on my skin
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Thanks mate! Way to immortalize possum-pie lol

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    LOL,I love it!! I have been immortalized. P.S. I don't mean to offend anyone, Just early morning rant.
    Possum-Pie The Immortal..! Not a morning person are ya? lol its all good.

I did try Musc Ravageur recently and loved it. I had the vial and got 1/3rd of it in my palm. It lasted me all day and well into the night. So I can imagine what you did to those people. lol Nose fatigue sucks as I do want to enjoy the fragrance as well. Also sampled MKK and not sure about that one. Will have to give it a few more wearings.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    No one smells aventus on me... I'm starting to think it's all just a bunch of hype.

BTW, any scent on your shirt is going to last exponentially longer than a scent sprayed on your skin.

I have scarves that smell like Burberry London after a week, when the stuff barely lasts a few hours on my skin
    I guess people around you get nose fatigue real quick too! I did the spray on the t-shirt as I thought my skin was eating up Aventus probably going 'oh so yummy pineapple' lol The other spray on my upper arm lasted well over 12hours, and the t-shirt went for a couple of days.

It has average longevity in me. It seems that you had the famous olfactory fatigue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CreedKing View Post
    Thanks mate! Way to immortalize possum-pie lol

Possum-Pie The Immortal..! Not a morning person are ya? lol its all good.
    LOL, I tend to speak my mind bluntly, sometimes VERY bluntly. Sometimes this is Good, you know where you stand with people. Other times, it is not good. On Basenotes, I try to behave, after all fragrance is subjective. BUT I am not afraid to go against the crowd and say I LIKE YSL L'Homme Libre, or I think Creed is over-hyped. I just don't want to get the reputation for quarrelsomeness!!

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    MyMickers from Youtube got sent home from work for wearing 3 sprays. So, everyone's degree of olfactory fatigue is different.

Personally, I think Aventus is well worth the hype. I can't say best of all time, it depends on the day. Some days, I'm lukewarm on it. Other days, I can't function without a sprayer of Aventus next to my desk.
    I had watched that video before and couldn't stop laughing. For some reason I thought he did 12 sprays. Good thing I didn't do the 6 sprays in public. Could have cleared a building out with that. lol You are right about how different people have different degree of olfactory fatigue.

Its funny how another friend of mine didn't get the smoky-pineapple at all, even when sniffing at real close distance. For me it is like pineapple on grill with some good fire-wood under it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    Dammit, I wish there was a cure for olfactory fatigue. It's the bane of any fragrance lovers life. Well, that and the silly money we throw away to not be able to smell something.
    Perhaps if a cure was to be found, will it give us permission to smell?

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    This is bad news for someone whos eyeing Aventus - i remember smelling many years ago and wasnt thrilled, although some people tell me "i aint missing a thing" / but yes you guys are right too many posts about AVENTUS is starting to sound like some marketing ploy..
    Hype or marketing ploy, good juice is good juice to me! Bad news as in bad news for your wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvus View Post
    It has average longevity in me. It seems that you had the famous olfactory fatigue.
    Yeah it was that and boy was it bad. Going to stick with 2-3 sprays max from now on.

Hideous stuff. Sorry. One of the two boddles I own is serving as room spray in my toilet at the moment.

Edit: Why do I own two boddles if I don't likle it? Don't ask....
    Last edited by Ender; 7th September 2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Hideous stuff. Sorry. One of the two boddles I own is serving as room spray in my toilet at the moment.

Edit: Why do I own two boddles if I don't likle it? Don't ask....
    Question is whats the other bottle doing? If its not doing anything, I will gladly put it to work. Maybe put both the bottles to work! Where should I send you my address, in a pm or email? I hope the bottles you have are not fakes

That's a way to get first in line.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    That's a way to get first in line.
    LOL!!!

I am fairly new to this niche fragrance thing. All this came about while waiting for a friend fantasy shoping at Needless Markup and I was floating around the cologne areas. Looking at the other designer bottles the sales guy asked if I've tried Creed. Creed? Nope, never heard of it. He 1st sprayed GIT on a card. Ehhh, it was alright. Then sprayed Aventus. Oh damn... I like that! I must of sniffed that card 27 times. He was awesome enough to give me 5 sample cards of it and said to give it a try. I put all the samples in an atomizer and went bananas the 1st day. Saddly it did seem to vanish from my nose. But going over to visit my friend 4 hours later said that I had to dial it down a bit. So it was very odd for me. Never had a cologne...er...um parfum do that.

I love the hell out of this stuff. And I did end up getting a 4oz bottle from the sales guy.
    Which in turn, I got a ton more samples =) 8 cards of MI, 8 cards of Vetiver and 8 of Royal Oud.

Banned

Aventus is, indeed, an awesome fragrance.

Damn, that guy was sample happy. I wish the reps were I lived were that nice....
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Dammit, now I want it as my signature haha.

Aventus is amazing, especially that smell that is left on clothes days after application.
    Enjoy it!

Basenotes Member

Damn, that guy was sample happy. I wish the reps were I lived were that nice....
    I couldn't agree more. I'm constantly going to department stores and the reps there have never once offered samples. The only exception is my nearest Hermes boutique - they gave 2x4ml samples without hassle.

As for Aventus, I find that spraying it around the base of my neck works for me (one more spray on my arm and dab, so 2 in total). I put my shirt on straight afterwards and I can detect it throughout the entire day.

He was a really cool guy and was very knowledgeable about Creed.
    Oud and Vetiver are really nice as well.
    Oud has a refined smokiness and Vetiver is such a clean scent.
    He also said to be very very cautious about buying Creed on Ebay and Amazon. If a deal sounds too good to be true, watch out.

Has anyone received fake items online before?
    Are there any legit places that have good deals?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KL863 View Post
    @ KL863 - You have to be very cautious when buying Creed online. This thread may be of some help: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/283...sion-Creed-SMW)
    And, if you use the search, in the upper, right-hand side of the banner, you will retrieve several other, relevant threads.

Enjoy your Aventus.

&

Wow, thanks!
    Yeah... I'll just save my $ and buy retail. I'd hate to go through the hassle of trying to get a refund.
    I'm sure this bottle of Aventus will last me awhile. Plus my Xmas bonus is not too far away!

I appreciate your help.

I think we need an Aventus sub-section.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    Imagine how many pages the F.A.Q. thread would be...

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    I agree.

Colognes that I can't easily smell on myself are really frustrating for me. I wore 2 sprays of Creed OS today and I did not have to worry about it at all!

I have two bottles of Aventus, but it is irritating in this aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Matkinson View Post
    Dammit, now I want it as my signature haha.

Aventus is amazing, especially that smell that is left on clothes days after application.
    Enjoy it!
    Agreed. They do smell awesome after days!

Quote Originally Posted by quislor View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I'm constantly going to department stores and the reps there have never once offered samples. The only exception is my nearest Hermes boutique - they gave 2x4ml samples without hassle.

As for Aventus, I find that spraying it around the base of my neck works for me (one more spray on my arm and dab, so 2 in total). I put my shirt on straight afterwards and I can detect it throughout the entire day.
    Lol I have started doing that. Actually I put on shirt/t-shirt then spray under it while holding my breath. Then I do one on back of neck or on upper arm, still holding breath. I think its that initial blast that gives major olfactory fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by KL863 View Post
    He was a really cool guy and was very knowledgeable about Creed.
    Oud and Vetiver are really nice as well.
    Oud has a refined smokiness and Vetiver is such a clean scent.
    He also said to be very very cautious about buying Creed on Ebay and Amazon. If a deal sounds too good to be true, watch out.

Are there any legit places that have good deals?
    Love both Royal Oud and Original Vetiver. OV is simply awesome in summer heat.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Colognes that I can't easily smell on myself are really frustrating for me. I wore 2 sprays of Creed OS today and I did not have to worry about it at all!

I have two bottles of Aventus, but it is irritating in this aspect.
    Agreed! The way I have been spraying Aventus now, I can smell it on me for hours. Its not as strong but I can smell it and at times get wafts of it when I least expect to.

Time to break out the bottle of OS as the weather is cooling down a bit now. It lasts on me for ages and I can smell it all the time!

- - - Updated - - -

So I decided to try something just to see what happens. Had a friend try Aventus, just 1 spray to upper arm, while I stepped outside. Then I had him walk outside and I got this really strong smell of Aventus from about 7-8 feet away. Mind you there was no wind either! So the result is, I am sticking to 2 sprays of this juice, 3 max!