Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: GIT, riverside, or keep both because they are different enough to own?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • GIT

25 69.44%
  • Riverside

3 8.33%
  • Both

8 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default GIT or Riverside drive

Ok I'm not a complete newb but I am suffering from fragrance choice anxiety. I recently got a bottle of green Irish tweed 4oz for 120 from fragrance net. I also have been smelling samples of riverside. They both give me a similar green vibe but I am torn on if I should return my creed/sell it because I'm getting much better longevity and project from the bond. Does anyone have any unbiased thoughts? I don't see the need to have 2 green niches in my collection that serve a similar purpose.

Default Re: GIT or Riverside drive

I'd keep the GIT

Banned

I think you answered your own question ... Bond's Chez Bond and its more dark Riverside do mimic Creed's Green Irish Tweed; and given the better projection and longevity from Riverside that you are experiencing, that is the one you should have ...

Im a big bond no 9 fan but riverside drive to me is boring old to me
    Git is more interesting

Thanks for all the help guys, but I was wondering if its worth owning both? I mean i do sense a smoother smell from GIT.

Blog Entries

I dont think they smell similar. I think Chez Bond smells more like GIT than Riverside Drive.
    I would keep the GIT
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

thanks charlie, I am definitely keeping GIT but i guess my real question is: should i get riverside?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie2000 View Post
    I dont think they smell similar. I think Chez Bond smells more like GIT than Riverside Drive.
    I would keep the GIT
    +1

To my nose Riverside Drive (drydown) is similar to Aventus. But Aventus is much better IMHO.

Threads like this make my head spin.... 10 people with 10 different answers. haha

I'd go with GIT

Does GIT give better projection during warmer months? i just bought this thing a week a ago, its like in the 30's here in NY and doesn't really get noticed. I do faintly smell it at the 2.5 mark but was wondering if it amps up when the heat kicks in? is the scent cloud 1 ft or more? I have 2011 batch.

Quote Originally Posted by JJfresh View Post
    Does GIT give better projection during warmer months? i just bought this thing a week a ago, its like in the 30's here in NY and doesn't really get noticed. I do faintly smell it at the 2.5 mark but was wondering if it amps up when the heat kicks in? is the scent cloud 1 ft or more? I have 2011 batch.
    what's your lot number? I just purchased GIT off fragrancenet.com and it's a 2011 batch and I spray it on at 6pm to go out and it's literally still projecting at 11pm at night and I'm able to smell it on my skin in the morning when I wake up. No kidding either. I spray 1 spray on each wrist and spray 2 sprays on each side of my neck. Obviously at first it's super clean, fresh and projecting off me a ton, as it dry's down it's still projecting. How long have you had it and is this your first time using GIT?

what's your lot number? I just purchased GIT off fragrancenet.com and it's a 2011 batch and I spray it on at 6pm to go out and it's literally still projecting at 11pm at night and I'm able to smell it on my skin in the morning when I wake up. No kidding either. I spray 1 spray on each wrist and spray 2 sprays on each side of my neck. Obviously at first it's super clean, fresh and projecting off me a ton, as it dry's down it's still projecting. How long have you had it and is this your first time using GIT?

A3211P03, i have had it a little under a month, first GIT/CREED i ever owned but have smelled it all over. I love the smell but its quite cold here in NY so i guess i not using it during the right time.

A3211P03, i have had it a little under a month, first GIT/CREED i ever owned but have smelled it all over. I love the smell but its quite cold here in NY so i guess i not using it during the right time.
    I don't know. I wear mine in winter and I'm ok. I'm in northeastern USA. It may be different in spring/summer but truly think its ok in all seasons. I have 4 different creeds. I love them all but have to say that I think GIT wears the best on me in terms of longevity and everything. I LOVE aventus but doesn't seem to last a whole heck of a long time on me which is a shame bc I would make that my signature scent. I'll continue to wear GIT a lot. I like MI also and it stays on me awhile

GIT is one of my favorite fragrances of all time. That being said I have never tried Riverside Drive. Since, Riverside is supposed to be similar but not as good I have no desire to sniff this one out.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by jeightseven View Post
    Threads like this make my head spin.... 10 people with 10 different answers. haha
    In the end it's really up to you and how you perceive each scent on yourself. We can't smell how each scent is on you, or how it projects or lasts. It sounded like you are leaning towards the Bond route. Do a side-by-side comparison and see which one you like more.

About a year ago I was at the Bond counter at Saks sampling various things. The SA sprayed Riverside Drive onto the paper and I said it reminded me a little bit of GIT. Her eyes lit up and she said "If you really want something that smells like GIT, you need to try this!" It was Chez Bond. I thought it was odd that the SA was so happy/proud that one of the Bonds smelled so much like another fragrance.

I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to own both GIT and Riverside Drive, but if my resources were limited I'd just get GIT.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

I'd say keep the GIT man

Another one for GIT

Riverside drive is a copy of Himalaya. Get GIT.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Banned
    Blog Entries

GIT. No contest.

Basenotes Junkie

I don't think that GIT and Riverside smell that much alike, so if you like both than get both. I don't think Riverside is a copy of Himalaya in the slightest. If you were to somehow put Riverside in a Creed bottle, people would probably hail it as insanely original and a top quality, must have scent. Oh, the power of the label CREED, and their ability to not even come close to smelling like any other scent on the planet they are so amazingly original in the extreme. Yeah, that last sentence was sarcastic, if you didn't catch that.
    Last edited by Kybid; 7th September 2012 at 05:43 PM.

If I HAD to choose one, it would be GIT without much hesitation. However, I do like Riverside Drive quite a bit and personally, don't find it similar to GIT at all. RD has a completely different smell all the way through for me. Also, if it was supposed to be a copy of Himalaya, they did a terrible job, because it smells NOTHING like Himalaya to me, either. GIT is...well, GIT, and everyone knows what that smells like, but RD is mainly fruit, moss and wood on me. I find it quite unique, actually and am very happy having both in my rotation.

Basenotes Plus

Another vote for GIT