Code of Conduct

Default On the Go: what is your process?

Work, gym, friends and girlfriend keep my constantly on the move. I don't want to lug a cologne bottle with me where ever I go. What do you do? I'm thinking of just decanting small portions of my favorites into 10-15ml bottles and stashing them?

What is your process?

Default Re: On the Go: what is your process?

I personally don't take anything with me unless traveling far away from home. I just make sure I'm well scented before I leave the house each day.

I dont usually have fragrances on me, but I have my whole collection decanted into 5ml vials so I can have my entire collection at my disposal (the full bottles are stored away in my basement). So, if I were so inclined, I could just grab the vial and take it with me.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I just stash a cheapie citrus frag in my gym bag when it gets cooler out.

I hate when the entire locker room smells like an AXE bomb went off.

Whenever I know that it is going to be a day with multiple "challenges" I apply a versatile fragrance with medium longevity, for example Blenheim Bouquet, take the bottle with me and reapply after the scent has faded away.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I dont usually have fragrances on me, but I have my whole collection decanted into 5ml vials so I can have my entire collection at my disposal (the full bottles are stored away in my basement). So, if I were so inclined, I could just grab the vial and take it with me.
    This is pretty good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I just stash a cheapie citrus frag in my gym bag when it gets cooler out.

I hate when the entire locker room smells like an AXE bomb went off.

Same :unamused:

I have a couple of those travalo atomizer's and they are really handy. Take the sprayer off any of your frags and place the travalo onto it so the thin plastic tube is in the bottom of the travalo and pump away until its full. I have one in a draw at work and one in my jacket. I use it for light frags when I just want to be refreshed when I'm out and about.

I use 3 or 5 ml sprays for the gym or travel. 15 ml seems way too much for the purpose. Plastic or metal, glass will eventually break.

cacio

If I'm out of town for a short time I'll take a couple of 5ml decants with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have a couple of those travalo atomizer's and they are really handy. Take the sprayer off any of your frags and place the travalo onto it so the thin plastic tube is in the bottom of the travalo and pump away until its full. I have one in a draw at work and one in my jacket. I use it for light frags when I just want to be refreshed when I'm out and about.
    You are a genius, Jack.

I have a bunch of little 5ml glass bottles work great, stick one in a pocket for work or whatever to refresh, write on the side with marker and still comes off with some windex etc to reuse. I forget the place it was recommended on this site was very cheap for like 50 bottles.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

I have 3 decanted bottled (5ml each) that I keep in a small pouch. The pouch is always next to my keys, so it's highly improbable that I would forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    If I'm out of town for a short time I'll take a couple of 5ml decants with me.
    +1
    I stay in hotels often with my work so I always have 5ml decants (usually three) in my shaving kit.

I carry Al-Rehab Silver. Its a small oil based fragrance that smells like SMW. I find it suitable for almost any occasion when i'm in need of an emergency touch up. And its cheap enough that if something happens to it im not worried.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    You are a genius, Jack.
    Agree! I had never seen these but love the idea. $10 a pop though? Fine if you only need one but I'd like to have several.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Agree! I had never seen these but love the idea. $10 a pop though? Fine if you only need one but I'd like to have several.
    Just make sure it's a fragrance you will reuse time and time again.

I preffer 5 mL decants.

I have a few different colored 5ml refillable atomizers they sell at Nordstrom. For me they're perfect when I'm on the go.

Basenotes Member
    Blog Entries

5ml decants for me as well keep one in my jeans and one in my car. Keep one in my bag for university as well.

I keep a supply of 1 ml sample vials, and on most days, fill it about half way. Almost every day, I wind up using it to refresh my scent of the day. End of the day, I toss it and start anew next day.

I'm also very into the inexpensive mini-atomizers that Shiny Beast references above. I usually stick a label on them with the frag's name. Also, I have a collection of Patricia de Nicolai fragrances in the small (1 oz) bottles - not as tiny as those atomizers, but a very convenient size for carrying around in a day bag, and they're elegant to look at.

In many cases I like to buy a travel version from whoever makes the fragrance; Guerlain make purse sprays for many of theirs, Annick Goutal make 10ml sprays and roll-ons, etc. Roll-on bottles are probably the best in my experience, but some light scents do better in a genuine atomiser. I don't like the travolo type, partly because I own too many splash bottles, but also because I find them a little ugly and dislike that each can only carry the one scent. For something cheap I usually go for those little roll-on bottles as they waste less, but these are generally for home use.

I recently bought four nifty little 5ml chrome atomisers (fairly standard construction) that look nice, and the Ebay shop I bought them from engraved each for a small extra cost so I had these customised for individual scents, but normally they're about the same price as those travolo ones. I always carry something though whether it's a 'travel-sized,' version of a scent I like, or something I've decanted myself as there are many situations which can result in one needing to freshen up, and many nice fragrances that lack all-day longevity.

This may sound a bit cheap, but I typically bring samples with me to the gym to avoid having to carry around a larger bottle. I also keep a stash of samples in my drawer at work to use if I forget to bring something with me to the gym. In addition, I have just recently purchased several of the atomizers noted above from Nordstrom. The exterior of the atomizers are aluminum, but have a glass interior. I have a few of these filled with my favorite scents (Invasion Barbare, Tom of Finland and SMW) and keep them in my gym bag and office. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    I have a few different colored 5ml refillable atomizers they sell at Nordstrom. For me they're perfect when I'm on the go.

How much do these guys run?

How much do these guys run?
    Nordstrom sells them for $5 - $8, depending on the make. Watch out with these little guys though and make sure you screw on the sprayer tightly after filling - they can leak a bit if you aren't careful.

This. At $5 a pop, it'a a good deal for a nice looking accessory. I have one in every color so I know what's what.

Although, I'd LOVE to get a CREED atomizer. I'm not a fanboy, but I really like the design and would put my Creeds in them. But they're just ridiculously priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    Nordstrom sells them for $5 - $8, depending on the make. Watch out with these little guys though and make sure you screw on the sprayer tightly after filling - they can leak a bit if you aren't careful.
    This is true. I've found if, once tight, give it a bit more torque (may not twist anymore) and it locks it up.

Usually I spray on enough as to have longevity over the day, even if I might give the sensation of having over-applied at first.
    If it still not enough, I make sure to get small (3-5 ml) samples of the very same scent applied and take them with me during the day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I personally don't take anything with me unless traveling far away from home. I just make sure I'm well scented before I leave the house each day.
    I agree ^^^^.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Dependent

i just ordered little 2ml bottles to carry around on bestbottles.com

I love these. $5, glass with a protective plastic outer shell, and the sprayer is great.

- - - Updated - - -

I love these. $5, glass with a protective plastic outer shell, and the sprayer is great.
    Last edited by Erok32; 10th September 2012 at 02:05 AM.

This is what samples are for. I usually have two in my bag for the rare occasions that I feel like I need to reapply. Keep them in a tiny ziplock in case.

I actually have a full size 100ml bottle in my bag everyday lol

So far, I think I've made progress.

I have decanted 5ml of all my ultimate "go-to" scents in 5ml atomizers. Only about 5-6 of them. Easy enough to carry around or throw in my gym bag.

I have decanted 5ml of all my ultimate "go-to" scents in 5ml atomizers. Only about 5-6 of them. Easy enough to carry around or throw in my gym bag.
    Nice!

It's always a good idea to have a small decant if you're going out and know you'll need a refresher spray later on.

Thanks for the suggestions guys
    No problem. I splurged and got the Creed black leather wrapped atomizer. It's much larger than the pics make it look. I'd guess 2oz (60ml). But it is incredibly nice. I put the remainder of my older Z01 in it. Filled it ~1/3 of the way.

Nice! I need to do this with some of my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by awilson529 View Post
    No problem. I splurged and got the Creed black leather wrapped atomizer. It's much larger than the pics make it look. I'd guess 2oz (60ml). But it is incredibly nice. I put the remainder of my older Z01 in it. Filled it ~1/3 of the way.

Nice! I need to do this with some of my collection.
    There's a lady on Ebay that sells nice glass ones. little over $1 a piece and they are quality.