Code of Conduct

Default Michael Jordan: one of best sports frag

I know I'm going to get flak for this, but I really like Jordan as a sports scent (the version with the black rubber base).

Whereas most sports colognes smell cheap, sharp, and synthetic, Jordan has a pleasant sharpness which is extremely green/grassy rather than citrus, and there's just enough spice/woods to give it weight and complexity on drydown, while retaining that grassy freshness for the length of the frag.

The freshness reminds me of dewy meadow grass on a cold morning.

For the price, this frag is a steal since there's nothing cheap smelling about it. Actually my favorite sports frag.

Default Re: Michael Jordan: one of best sports frag

I don't think of Michael Jordan as a sports fragrance at all - rather as one hell of a classy, sophisticated scent in its own right. I have often gotten positive comments when I wear it.

I've written that before here, but it seems I'm always in the small minority on this scent.
    Welcome to the minority.
    Cheers,
    Renato

I wore this from the ages of 13-17. Now I won't touch the stuff. But it does hold a (albeit small) place in my heart
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

I found it to be a little too 'airy' for my tastes.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

It's pretty good, but I like Swiss Army more in this category.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Personally just thought it was kind of blah.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    It's pretty good, but I like Swiss Army more in this category.
    Good comparison, they share a certain part of their core...as well as sharing an era/demographic....

But I feel the original Jordan cologne, with it's very smooth, classy mix of prominent "dewy cut grass", tea, hints of fruit, and quite a bit of "fresh cut ginger root"...... is one of the best masculine scents of the 90's...right up there with the older (more minty/effervescent) formulation of Ralph Lauren's Polo Sport.

Michael Jordan Cologne is not real cologne, it's air freshener
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Are you guys talking about Michael Jordan For Men ? Can't share your enthusiasm for it. The heart notes phase is like a vast wasteland of chemical woody-aromatic notes with a strange sticky drydown. There are better celeb fragrances out there such as Carlos Santana for men (I know, the guy can't jump, but still)..
    -

I like the original Michael Jordan cologne as a casual fragrance. Also, I have always received compliments when I wore it. It is quite possibly my top compliment earner.
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stareffex View Post
    I like the original Michael Jordan cologne as a casual fragrance. Also, I have always received compliments when I wore it. It is quite possibly my top compliment earner.
    Amazing how an air freshener/ wasteland/ blah scent such as this one still manages to deliver lots of positive comments to those of us who wear it. In that respect it's done a better job than say my Creed GIT.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Jordan by Michael Jordan was the first fragrance i owned.
    The scent is really fresh but also has something warm in it.
    I still love it untill this day.
    Is it still in production?

Dependent

Found a bottle at Ross. Didn't enjoy the Calone, so it's going to my friend who likes it.

What MJ are you talking about?

I'm not going to lie. After reading this thread i went out and bought me abottle to revisit. I am so glad I did. Its wonderful and at 10.99 for a 1.7 oz makes it even better.

It smells amazing, especially at 23 dollars...I don't understand the point of spending 150 dollars on a bottle of Creed unless you're filthy rich

Quote Originally Posted by cocaineexpress View Post
    It smells amazing, especially at 23 dollars...I don't understand the point of spending 150 dollars on a bottle of Creed unless you're filthy rich

Calm down, it's just my opinion...I feel that it would be a waste of money to spend 200 dollars on cologne if you're broke

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I'm not going to lie. After reading this thread i went out and bought me abottle to revisit. I am so glad I did. Its wonderful and at 10.99 for a 1.7 oz makes it even better.
    Glad you liked it.
    Do you find it classy, the way I did, or sporty as the OP did?
    Cheers,
    Renato

I enjoy it, it's also unique with its "grassy-ness". My problem is that it doesn't last as long as I would like, as I only get about 4 hours with it, with weak projection after the first 5 or 10 mins.

It's certainly the best of the Jordan line. Jordan (light blue label) I found pretty bad, similar to Chrome, but worse (and it's hard to get much worse). 23 was pretty decent, the most similar to Michael Jordan. Legend is an ok alternative to Rochas Man, it smells a little cheaper, and is stronger on the citrus notes, while weaker on the gourmand ones. I have not tried Flight yet.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

I like the opening a lot. There is something in the dry down that turns me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Amazing how an air freshener/ wasteland/ blah scent such as this one still manages to deliver lots of positive comments to those of us who wear it. In that respect it's done a better job than say my Creed GIT.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    GIT as an air freshener? Your really good at pissing money away.