Code of Conduct

Default Yang; one of the best fragrances of all time?

Who agrees with me that Yang is one of the best fragrances of all time? I've had this gem for awhile and man do I dig this stuff. And the name totally suits the fragrance.

Default Re: Yang; one of the best fragrances of all time?

Yang was my absolute #1 for a while and I got one of my favorite compliments on it: I'm a high school teacher and I share a room with another teacher. One of her students came in to talk to her during a prep period when we were both working at our desks. The student stepped through the doorway and said, "Damn, Miss, your room smells GOOOOOD!" The other teacher pointed at me and said, "That's HIM." Yes, I tend to have a heavy trigger finger, but Yang also has nuclear powered sillage.

Strangely enough, I kind of burned out on Yang and only wear it occasionally. I still enjoy it a lot, but just don't feel the urge to wear it very often.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Here's a question?

When you talk of Yang are you talking of the original Yang by Jacques Fath or the rerelease by the Ying Yang company of the same fragrance now only produced under their name.

The packaging is exactly the same, except that instead of saying "Jacques Fath" on the plastic sleeve that fits over the styrofoam box, it now says "Ying Yang."

The bottle is exactly the same, except on the bottom of the bottle it will also say Ying Yang instead of Jacques Fath. One final difference, the original Jacques Fath bottles have a matte steel finish top/spraying mechanism, whereas the Yin Yang bottles have a decidedly shiny stainless steel top/spray mechanism. I have a sample of the original Jacques Fath *Yang* and a bottle of the Ying Yang *Yang*. As far as I can tell, there is little difference between the two; although, I would like an independent confirmation of this from someone who has tried the juice from the two different bottles. I don't have enough of the original fragrance in sample form to be 100% sure; although, I am pretty sure there's no great difference.

A word of caution; almost every e-retailer who sells Yang, still advertizes it as Jacques Fath Yang, whereas, in actual fact, the product they're selling is almost always Yang produced under the license of the Ying Yang company. Don't be fooled by the picture. All the e-retailers I have inquired into use a photo of the original Jacques Fath Yang box and bottle but actually have the Ying Yang version in stock. I called Parfum1.com and asked them which one they had in stock and they checked and told me it was the Ying Yang version. I informed them that their image and advertising of it was misleading and that they should change it if they wanted to avoid problems with buyers in the future who new the difference. That was over a two months ago and, predictably, they still haven't change the misleading image and wording and probably won't.

I even called an another e-retailer (Perfumeoutlet.net) and asked them if it was the Jacques Fath original or the Ying Yang release they had; they supposedly walked over to their storage shelves and checked and then informed me it was the original Jacques Fath and that it had Jacques Fath on the box and then proceeded to send me the Ying Yang rerelease. Can you believe that? So, be very careful if you're looking for the original, which is hard to find and a lot more expensive. If you see a bottle around or under $30.00, it's more than likely the Yin Yang rerelease.

BTW, I have finally decided after buying numerous products from Perfumeoutlet.net that they predominantly acquired and sell very old stock. I've had more problems with their stock than all other e-retailers I've dealt with. I don't buy anything from them now and would advise others to do the same.

scentemental

P.S. Yes, in my estimation, Yang is a truly beautiful creation.

Last edited by scentemental; 27th July 2006 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental

I concur!

I love it, Yang Jacques Fath was my wedding scent. And my wife wore Ying that day.
    Last edited by Russlan; 27th July 2006 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental

Here's a question?

When you talk of Yang are you talking of the original Yang by Jacques Fath or the rerelease by the Ying Yang company of the same fragrance now only produced under their name.

The packaging is exactly the same, except that instead of saying "Jacques Fath" on the plastic sleeve that fits over the styrofoam box, it now says "Ying Yang."

The bottle is exactly the same, except on the bottom of the bottle it will also say Ying Yang instead of Jacques Fath. One final difference, the original Jacques Fath bottles have a matte steel finish top/spraying mechanism, whereas the Yin Yang bottles have a decidedly shiny stainless steel top/spray mechanism. I have an sample of the original Jacques Fath *Yang* and bottle of the Ying Yang *Yang*. As far as I can tell, there is little difference between the two; although, I would like an independent confirmation of this from someone who has tried the juice from the two different bottles. I don't have enough of the original fragrance in sample form to be 100% sure, though I am pretty sure there's no great difference.

A word of caution; almost every e-retailer who sells Yang, still advertizes it as Jacques Fath Yang, whereas, in actual fact, the product they're selling is almost always Yang produce under the license of the Ying Yang company. Don't be fooled by the picture. All the e-retailers I have inquired into use a photo of the original Jacques Fath Yang box and bottle but actually have the Ying Yang version in stock. I called Parfum1.com and asked them which one the had in stock and they checked and told me it was the Ying Yang version. I informed them that their image and advertising of it was misleading and that they should change it if they wanted to avoid problems with buyers in the future who new the difference. That was over a two months ago and, predictably, they still haven't change the misleading image wording and probably won't.

I even called an another e-retailer (Perfumeoutlet) and asked them if it was the Jacques Fath original or the Ying Yang release they had; they supposedly walked over to their storage shelves and checked and then informed me it was the original Jacques Fath and that it had Jacques Fath on the box and then proceeded to send me the Ying Yang rerelease. Can you believe that? So, be very careful if you're looking for the original, which is hard to find and a lot more expensive. If you see the bottle under $30.00, it's more than likely the Yin Yang release.

BTW, I have finally decided after buying numerous products from Perfumeoutlet.net that they predominantly acquired and sell very old stock. I've had more problems with their stock than all other e-retailers I've dealt with. I don't buy anything from them now and would advise others to do the same.

scentemental

I have the original Yang. Sounds like some devious stuff going on out there! Although, if the juice is exactly the same, I wouldn't feel too bad if I accidently bought the Ying Yang stuff.

Would YANG be a good blind purchase?
    What about Yin?

m
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo
    Yes, IMHO, but you have to like a bit of musk. I got mine blind. Very wearable, probably even in this hot weather (at least in NJ)
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo

Yes. Remember though, one of the tricks with Yang is that less is more. Use it sparingly and it truly is remarkable.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

I thought it was pretty good at first but quickly grew tired of it. There was a tart note in it that didn't sit well with me. I attribute this sour accord to my chemistry because it was absent when I sprayed my clothes. Pretty good longevity and good sillage for the first hour or so. I'm referring to the original Yang by Jacques Fath by the way.

It was a blind purchase for me and now one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan
    Yang Jacques Fath was my wedding scent. And my wife wore Ying that day.
    Nice.

I was actually thinking of purchasing this, a couple of months ago. I may have to look into this one again. Any opinions on Yin?

nearfantastica

Yang is actually my favorite tea scent.. i unfortunately, I wore it the other day just before coming down with a migraine, and upon smelling it I got increasingly nauseous.. I am now worried that this fragrance with be tainted with the migraine association.. hopefully not.

I am not a huge fan of tea scents..I generally find them too dry... <ie, tea for two, Bulgari PH> but Yang, along with Bvlgari's Au de The Rouge... manage to blend a sweetness into their tea scent..that makes it slightly more alive.. IMHO... one thing that bothers me is the opaque bottle..I never know how much I have left... so it's hard to ration my measily 30ml

a.

Quote Originally Posted by yepyep
    Who agrees with me that Yang is one of the best fragrances of all time? I've had this gem for awhile and man do I dig this stuff. And the name totally suits the fragrance.
    I agree. This is a fantastic fragrance.

Sampled some recently. Here's my review:

I have the new version, which may explain the diverse reviews. To me, the drydown on this is more along the lines of the reviews that talk about tea with jam and honey. I don't get strong wood or any kind of "lotion" quality. It doesn't smell "dirty" or animalic in any way. If it's smoky that must in the top notes, and I get little if any citrus. It's not musky and the spices are gentle/subtle. It smells very pleasant and the sweetness doesn't get cloying. There is no nasty synthetic musk used, nor do I detect iso e super. Projection was at least good and longevity was excellent. More for the niche crowd and certainly has unisex potential.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd September 2012 at 02:27 AM.

Yang is a staple in my wardrobe. Have gou tried the new Yang 2?

Just blind bought this, thanks a lot guys.

I have and like this one, but I wouldn't call it one of the best.

Dependent

this still available?

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    this still available?
    Have not seen this one around for some time. Used to wear it just about everyday when I worked at Nordstroms. Still see it in some BNers collection pictures but not in the stores.

Well if Adam has it. I have to have it.

Dependent

im off to find it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

says its still in production is the one by jacques not the one

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    im off to find it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

says its still in production is the one by jacques not the one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yang-by-Jacq...#ht_1715wt_966

I wore it normally today and now I get the idea that this smells like "lotion," but that doesn't last long (not sure what causes it but it's mostly in the top notes, apparently). In any case, the thing is that there's a lot going on, and facets come and go. This is not the kind of thing that everyone likes. Fortunately, there is no heavy synthetic musk or iso e super overload, and it's at least reasonably natural smelling. The dynamism and complexity is just enough to keep me interested in it. I guess it was part of the tea frag trend, but this one is not as literal as most of the others, thankfully. Very good if this is what you're seeking, especially if you don't already have a tea frag in your rotation.

Purchased Yang last week online. Read a few reviews in the directory and thought I'd pull the trigger. I believe I got the Jacques Fath version. Also, has anyone tried Yang 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Yes. Remember though, one of the tricks with Yang is that less is more. Use it sparingly and it truly is remarkable.
    Maybe I may have to try this suggestion.

I used 2 sprays to the wrist and all I got was a soapy, lotion, overload... not what I was hoping for

Glad it was only $20 something bucks because if I still can't stand it after trying maybe 1 spray from far away, I'll just toss it in the trash and not think twice.

The bottle I received says Yin Yang Parfums and not Jaques Faith like it said in the picture.

I also received the yin yang version. Would recommend it for those that like green tea. It reminds me of a spicier and sweeter version of Silver Mountain Water. It's the same tea note.