Code of Conduct

Default Gaultier 2: by Jean Paul Gaultier/ Warm, Spicy, Smooth, Vanilla, Buttercream, Sweet, Rich, Aromatic

What Do you guys Think of this fragrance if you've had it or tried it since it's release in 2005 to the now in 2012 do you still like it? Have you discovered different things about it? More or Less ? Would you compare This to any new or past releases whether they be male or female/ Unisex?

Default Re: Gaultier 2: by Jean Paul Gaultier/ Warm, Spicy, Smooth, Vanilla, Buttercream, Sweet, Rich, Aroma

I have this and like it but it's a bit sweet on me.

Default Re: Gaultier 2: by Jean Paul Gaultier/ Warm, Spicy, Smooth, Vanilla, Buttercream, Sweet, Rich, Aroma

Great fragrance by the Master Francis Kurkdjian

no clue when mine is made, but it's a great smelling vanilla fragrance...can't go wrong with this one if you like it sweet

I liked this, but replace it with Vanillary by Lush. It's a smokey vanilla with incense. Gaultier 2 gets old really fast.

I find it gorgeous. Strong, nicely sweet, quite different. I haven't tried the new formulation, if there is one.
    Last edited by Alvus; 7th September 2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: typo

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I like sweet scents, and think G2 is one of the best available. While G2 is sweet, it has a background woodiness that gives the scent depth. The musk in the base is beautiful, especially much later in the drydown when the sweetness begins to wane a bit.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

If my memory serves correctly, this fragrance has been much more powerful when it was released compared to how it smelled later. I remember that it had a »bomb like« impact in terms of sillage and longevity – and that was substantial for its appeal to me; this impression of »liquid gold«. When I recently tried it, my impression was that it has been reduced in volume and brightened in colour (metaphorically speaking).

Its a very strong gourmand, hard to wear, and arguably more feminine than masculine. I own 2 of the 1.3 oz bottles that snap together. They get little wear from me. In terms of everything it gets an A+, except for versatility and purpose, it gets an F to me. Smells amazing though.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I gave this one away. It reminded me of grape "big league chew". Smells good though if you're a 12 year old girl.

Thanks for taking the time guys, i appreciate all of your input!

Your girlfriend is lying on a bed in a darkened room.
    Pour unscented massage oil on her back and spritz her a few times with Gaultier².
    That's the only way to use it.