"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."-Ayn Rand
"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." -Thomas Jefferson
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth Perfumes
I'm swooping in to do the Synch Friday - scents with music associations - before heading back "out" to hit the books some more. Miss you all, and hope everyone is doing wonderfully!
Backstory for today's fragrance choice: My oldest kid (who left for college in Chicago a couple of weeks ago - I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A COLLEGE-AGE CHILD!!!) asked me awhile ago what my "theme song" was... The tune that just shows up all the time in your head as you're going about your life. First off, I realized I did have a theme song, but hadn't been actively aware of it. Secondly, I thought it was extremely cool that my kid not only was aware of the theme song phenomenon, but brought it to my attention and asked me about it. Anyhow I had to admit that my theme song is (somewhat embarrassingly) "Tea for Two" from the musical No-No Nanette. It runs through my head all the time whenever there is 'space.' I don't even like the song all that much, but there you have it, my theme song anyway.
So my SOTD is Tea for Two by L'Artisan, which just happens to be one of my very favorite frags, and which the powers that be have decided to discontinue.
It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson
My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
1. Xerjoff - Nio
2. Creed - Aventus
3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
7. Creed - Virgin Island Water
8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
9. Creed - Original Cologne
10. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men