Code of Conduct

Default Sample of TF Tobacco Vanille question.

I ordered a sample of TFTV of ebay and I have no doubts its the genuine stuff due to the smell. My question is , in the bottle there seems to be what looks like a bit of tobacco, or leaf type thing, its almost like a single flake has fallen out of a cig end into the bottle, so is this normal or is it a foreign object?

The tobacco looking thing is on the bottom and when I tip the bottle upside down it slowly falls down.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sample of TF Tobacco Vanille question.

never got that in my sample

I know it might not be in other samples due to the methods of how the fragrance is put into the sample bottle. I'm wondering if the bits are in the big bottles, and if it just some of the ingredients getting into the bottle or if that's the design for the fragrances to mature. I got a 4ml sample. I'm amazed by it, I can still smell it strong after nearly 11 hours :-D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome.

Are you certain it is a tobacco leaf you are looking at? If your sample has been decanted from the 250ml flacon, it is more likely that is just a bit of debris that was either in the vial they transferred the fragrance into or it flew into the flacon itself from all the opening and closing of the bottle. It should be of no concern though.

Thanks,

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks so much like it, and with the fragrance being tobacco I thought maybe that's what it was. I would of thought the person who sent the sample would of taken the bit out if it wasn't meant to be there if you know what I mean. I'm not fussed about it cause I could get it out myself, I just didn't want to leave a foreign object in it in case it messes with the fragrance ) I'll take it out just to be sure, and thanks for you help.

- - - Updated - - -

Its out lol

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

What does the seller have to say about it? I agree with broxwood - it's likely the result of improper decanting procedures. If the seller doesn't replace it, I'd mention it in the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have found small debris (dust?) floating in a few decants in the past. I have never seen anything floating in a new bottle of TV. Could be anything but probably not harmful (to you or the scent!).