Code of Conduct

Default Does Creed SMW have a best batch also?

I just returned my batch back to the creed boutique for a diff batch because it barely lasted 30 minutes.
    Batch was A3511Z01

After reading up on the Aventus batch variations I am wondering is there a best batch for SMW? I remember when I first bought SMW 4 years ago it lasted 5+ hours on me and got me so many compliments.

Default Re: Does Creed SMW have a best batch also?

I'm sure there must be. Others will probably be able to shed more light on the matter. I personally don't pay heed to batch variations.

I didnt either until this BS. I expected SMW to last me 5+ hours so I decided to cough up extra cash and get it directly from Creed boutique to ensure authenticity and freshest juice. What I didn't expect is to put on 6 sprays and 30 minute later have my friend tell me "I barely smell it"

Most fragrances have changed in the last few years because of restrictions on certain ingredients. This may well be the reason. Many creeds are quite different from a few years ago.
    Of course the staff in the shop 1) won't know this and 2) will deny it vigorously.

Banned

Why not? It seems the in thing nowadays.

Never heard many people having problems with SMW, it's usually MI, Aventus and GIT.

i have A3511Z01, one of the worst batch ever.
    last for only 1 hour, after that you can't smell anything at all.

anyone knows what's the best or at least good batch ?

A3510M02. Amazing scent and 8 hours of nice projection. I can still smell it on me the next morning!

If your Z01 was Aventus, then you'd be a happy camper. That said, sorry to hear about your experience.

I've never experienced longevity or projection issues even in batches of MI, GIT, or SMW that smelled a bit different.

I've only bought SMW twice. I vaguely recall thinking one batch smelled more of berry. But both lasted quite a long time and smelled great.

I can't believe a batch lasted only 30 minutes. Even notoriously short lived Creeds like Bois de Cedrat last longer than that. Something is amiss here.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

My batch is A3510M02. It's pretty good, longevity is around 4-6 hours, but if I spray on clothing it'll last much much longer (8-10 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    If your Z01 was Aventus, then you'd be a happy camper. That said, sorry to hear about your experience.
    mine is SWM.

Bummer....

Was just going to order a 4oz bottle of SMW from Cheapsmells, but they have confirmed it's batch A3511Z01...

Guess it was better to find out before buying!
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    Was just going to order a 4oz bottle of SMW from Cheapsmells, but they have confirmed it's batch A3511Z01...

Guess it was better to find out before buying!
    They wouldn't have been able to send it to you (in Ireland) anyway... new postage regulations

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    They wouldn't have been able to send it to you (in Ireland) anyway... new postage regulations
    I was going to send it to my mother-in-law who lives in the UK. My wife is driving over next week to visit her [and would have collected my SMW ]

Oh well....

I purchased a bottle of SMW from fragrancenet and it was from 2010, it is the tea-forward version and is very nice.

Any other good UK suppliers of discount Creed? Where I might get a good price + good batch of SMW?

I was going to send it to my mother-in-law who lives in the UK. My wife is driving over next week to visit her [and would have collected my SMW ]
    That's actually not a bad idea. I'd say go for it! They are a reputable company and get lots of praise here.

That's actually not a bad idea. I'd say go for it! They are a reputable company and get lots of praise here.
    I had it all worked out, but Cheapsmells confirmed that they have batch A3511Z01, which gets a bad wrap in this thread... read 30-60 mins longevity. So I would rather not chance it!

Do you know of another UK stockist who is trustworthy for Creed (at a similar discount) ?

I'm sorry, I'm laughing to myself because a thought just occurred.

What if the people concerned with batch variations really had counterfeits and the people complaining about counterfeits really had a batch variation issue?
    The Bark Bites Back.

Pretty sure the whole batch variation thing gets blown well out of proportion. I'm certain that most of the time it's a placebo effect because people have read about it and are already worried before they sniff. It may just be that your skin isn't suited to SMW. I've tried a couple of different samples of it and got no longevity at all (and didn't particularly care for the smell either) so that's crossed off my list. Aventus/ MI / GIT / VIW work great on me (I've also never encountered variations with Aventus. Maybe I've just been lucky, or maybe I just don't over think it?).

I had it all worked out, but Cheapsmells confirmed that they have batch A3511Z01, which gets a bad wrap in this thread... read 30-60 mins longevity. So I would rather not chance it!
    Don't think you will find a retailer that is as efficient and cheap as them. You could risk going with FragranceNet and FragranceX but who knows what batch you will get.

I take The Bark's comments quite seriously - he makes a good point there. My advice would be to go and sample the SMW batches at various bricks and mortar stores near your home and see what YOU think. By all means note down batches there as well. Then make up your mind.

I take The Bark's comments quite seriously - he makes a good point there. My advice would be to go and sample the SMW batches at various bricks and mortar stores near your home and see what YOU think. By all means note down batches there as well. Then make up your mind.
    Wise words... Good idea... I'll drop though a couple of local retailers to see if they have that particular batch to sample! Thanks

I'll also reiterate, having said this a long time ago, that memory, perception and senses are subject to changes as well. Most of our senses change over the passage of time - eyesight, taste, hearing are most common - so is it not possible for our own sense of smell to vary over time as well?

I don't doubt the batch variation issue. To the contrary, I believe it should be expected if natural ingredients are being used. Using a similar analogy, not all bottles of the same wine from the same maker taste alike.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I agree the batch issue probably isn't as extreme as portrayed above, but I'm just worried about comiting to a bottle I won't be able to return.

There are only two comments on SMW batch A3511Z01 - any they're both terrible. I'd even be happy if people were saying this is an average batch, doesn't have to be the best batch ever...

Does anyone else have SMW batch A3511Z01 and would like to comment on it?

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    A3510M02. Amazing scent and 8 hours of nice projection. I can still smell it on me the next morning!
    I have this batch and like he said it last 8+ on me.

There are only two comments on SMW batch A3511Z01 - any they're both terrible. I'd even be happy if people were saying this is an average batch, doesn't have to be the best batch ever...

Does anyone else have SMW batch A3511Z01 and would like to comment on it?

Well managed to drop by a couple of stores on my way to work and found the elusive batch 11Z01 and also the one I tried the other day 11U02.

So summaries from a hand of each (and yes they are different):

A3511U02 - Blackcurrant note dominant in a very ripe way (maybe too much so) - longevity/silage v.good (projection 6 hours - skin scent to 12 hours)

A3511Z01 - Silvery icy stone notes more dominant, blended better with black currant - nicest rendition of SMW I have smelt, including a carded sample I had and numerous samplings in-store. [longevity/silage good (projection 4+ hours - skin scent to 10 hours)

So, the Z01 has a little lower longevity, but not that much, and I prefer the more balanced notes in this, it's fresher, icier and nicer overall. Happy with this now to order on Cheapmells!

My friend just brought me a new bottle of SMW a couple days ago. I look at the bottle and see the batch # and thought......Oh boy! i thought of this thread immediately lol.

i don't get any less longevity than i'm used to. I don't know what all the negativity is about. Also it smells identical to the MANY other bottles i've had over the years. In fact i still have half a bottle of my A3510M02, same.

OP: Maybe your bottle was defective or something?

A3511Z01 is perfectly fine in my book!

A3511Z01 is perfectly fine in my book!
    Agreed, I was only getting longevity from one spray, should be perfect with a full wearing.

How many sprays do you normally use with SMW. I was thinking 3?

^ I do 4. One on each arm, one on the back of the neck and one to the chest. Lasts all day, and into the next morning. Including A3511Z01

As far as heavy duty projection, 8 hours or a tad more. After that, its more laid back.

My SMW is from 08 or 09, it's great. Lasts a good 6-8, projects for 3-4. SMW is never a beast though, I wouldn't expect any wild projection, other than the first hour.

^ For me, it projects the same through about 8 hours. Having said that, we're talking about typical SMW projection. Its never been known as a projection beast.

Unhappy Re: Does Creed SMW have a best batch also?

Absolutely true! I was running out of the 2.5 oz A3510M02, so I just ordered the larger 4 oz A3611Z01, and am so disappointed with this. The scent is gone within an hour! I wondered if it was just me, but now I see that it's not. I'll be giving NM a call tomorrow to return.