Code of Conduct

Default Creed actual price vs discount stores price....LOL

Check it out, so Original Santal from the Creed store costs $315 for 4oz . Now, at fragrancenet I just bought (using coupons) Original Santal 4 oz ($128.15), Terre D'Hermes 3.3oz ($78.55) and Bond no 9 New Haarlem 1.7 oz ($98.55). My total was $305.25. That's three fragrances (one of which is the actual same Creed fragrance) all costing less total than the Creed from their website lol . Kinda puts into perspective just how much they overcharge for their fragrances. It's so awesome you can get these discounted (GIT, Virgin Island Water too). Aventus is a different story but on ebay you can get it cheaper. Buying straight from Creed? No thanks.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed actual price vs discount stores price....LOL

Agreed. Buying authentic grey market creeds are easily better than paying retail price.

Though you should be careful that you aren't buying from counterfeit sellers, the whole boilerplate Creed wrote out about anything not sold directly by them (or Neiman Marcus, Bergdoff Goodman) being counterfeit is bullshit.

Forgive the strange sounding question, but what does »grey market« mean in this context? Is fragrancenet illegal?

It all depends on what one's priorities are IMO.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
    Forgive the strange sounding question, but what does »grey market« mean in this context? Is fragrancenet illegal?
    Greymarket is 100% legal. And 100% authentic.

Goods are sold at less wealthier countries for lower prices, since the people in those countries can't afford to pay what we can afford to pay. Greymarketers buy from the less wealthy countries and sell them at discount in wealthier countries.

It's against what Creed intended. But it's 100% legal and it's the same juice.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It all depends on what one's priorities are IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    It's against what Creed intended. But it's 100% legal and it's the same juice.
    Depends what you mean by "same juice". Most likely you wil be buying juice that was sitting around and possibly stored improperly for a few years. They then get sold to these online discount houses that dump it for a low price. You may get something that smells pretty good... you may get something that smells a little "off". If that is ok with you to save some money, thats a personal choice.

When I buy my Creed, I get it from the Creed Boutique. That way I KNOW it wasn't sitting in a hot warehouse for a few years in some remote country before finding its way onto the Gray Market, and into my posession, where I may say "gee whats all the hype about? Doesn't smell that good to me!" If you bought the right stuff, you would know!

IMO, If you're going to do it... do it right.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    Check it out, so Original Santal from the Creed store costs $315 for 4oz . Now, at fragrancenet I just bought (using coupons) Original Santal 4 oz ($128.15), Terre D'Hermes 3.3oz ($78.55) and Bond no 9 New Haarlem 1.7 oz ($98.55). My total was $305.25. That's three fragrances (one of which is the actual same Creed fragrance) all costing less total than the Creed from their website lol . Kinda puts into perspective just how much they overcharge for their fragrances. It's so awesome you can get these discounted (GIT, Virgin Island Water too). Aventus is a different story but on ebay you can get it cheaper. Buying straight from Creed? No thanks.
    Yes, indeed. And don't forget to always use ebates.com when buying fragrances online. They have many different online fragrance companies they deal with and you can stack discounts upon discounts.

For instance, if you have a 20% off discount code to use at Fragrancenet.com, make sure you access Fragrancenet.com first by going to ebates.com and clicking on the link to Fragrancenet (or whatever online fragrance company you're using). Whatever cash back deal ebates is currently offering at the time will apply (usually at least 6% at Fragrancenet, but I've seen it as high as 13% cash back).

When you check out, use your 20% off code, and then in a few days, you'll be notified through ebates.com of how much cash back you'll be receiving through that same transaction. In the example you gave, if you spent $305.25 at Fragrancenet.com, you would also get $18.32 (6%) cash back via ebates at the end of the quarter.

Around Christmastime last year, I believe Fragrancenet was offering 13% cash back through ebates.com, so combined with a 20% discount code, you could literally save 33% off your total. And I did! Crazy, but true!

And, of course, you can use ebates.com for all sorts of online buying, not just fragrances.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 8th September 2012 at 07:44 PM.

I've noticed a number of threads on BN complaining about Creed, regarding price, quality, meeting expectation, etc. More often than not, it turns out that the Creed in question has been bought on eBay, or from an online discounter, or some other grey market source.

It seems to me that if you want a no-risk, hassle-free route to procuring a Creed fragrance, you need to seriously consider just where you're going to go, to make that purchase.

Yeah I used ebates too, so really I saved up quite a lot of money on this...I've bought GIT from Fragrancenet before and it's a 2011 batch..really the only "old stock" fragrance I've ever gotten (or older than a couple months) has been an Opium pour homme that was all the way back from 2003 (got it like 9 months ago)....everything else that I've gotten from them is not only legit, but new stock.

Depends what you mean by "same juice". Most likely you wil be buying juice that was sitting around and possibly stored improperly for a few years. They then get sold to these online discount houses that dump it for a low price. That way I KNOW it wasn't sitting in a hot warehouse for a few years in some remote country before finding its way onto the Gray Market, and into my posession, where I may say "gee whats all the hype about? Doesn't smell that good to me!" If you bought the right stuff, you would know!
    How about people just buy samples from reputed sources, and use them as a reference against gray market products? Even if you get the a few duds, the total savings on high-end designer and niche goods is so huge that it can be absorbed with no real concerns.

This isn't the first time I've said this, and I don't think it'll be the last. It does honestly strike me as common sense though and that people constantly overlook it when telling people to waste no small amount of their hard-earned money really does my head in.

Edit: I'll just point out, for the record, that I have bought niche products from their 'official,' sources - generally when I want an obscure or recent release - and been underwhelmed and Creed, along with Bond are both the no.1 culprits here, each for their own reasons which I've described elsewhere and won't go into again. It has actually gotten to the point where I won't buy from either, ever, at any discount, unless it's as a gift. There are far too many niche houses which suit me better, but I do find it interesting that I've never seen anyone trying to write off criticisms of any house other than Creed in this fashion. Not even Bond, and they seem to attract just as much, if not more, criticism.
    Last edited by Miket; 8th September 2012 at 09:30 PM.