Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default does anyone know how to get pure malt in AUSTRALIA?

I know it probably going to be impossible to find anywhere in store here

So is the any other online store besides eBay?

Thanks

Default Re: does anyone know how to get pure malt in AUSTRALIA?

Does Thierry Mugler not ship worldwide? It's on Amazon, but you would be looking at a pricey bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

there are a lot of perfumes I can not buy where I live....for instance I had to buy Angel Men from amazon since I could not find it here...really I just wanted to smell it before buying...the bad thing let's say but more exciting is you do a blind buy....but it's more exciting, you just wait some days to realize how it smells

so I think you can do the same thing, also I buy perfumes on ebay or amazon mostly since If I buy them here in Costa Rica I will be expending between 25 to 40 more dollars :O

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah they don't unfortunately, and its worse cause its up for sale on mugler website again for really cheap compared to what I'm finding on eBay

I have not seen it in any shops here KPSK. There is a website called discountperfume.net.au but steer clear of this one- it's a scam website and I've been stung there.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    I have not seen it in any shops here KPSK. There is a website called discountperfume.net.au but steer clear of this one- it's a scam website and I've been stung there.
    Thanks for the heads up koala501, much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps some kind basenotes members in EU/US/CAN will order and post you a bottle as they have done for me in the past. I also believe sephora france (which usually seems to stock this stuff) will ship internationally if you can manage to sign up/order from the site.

But yes this stuff nor any of the flankers are to be seen in any AU stores, online or otherwise. Actually this place occasionally has some flankers: http://fragranceheaven.com.au my original pure malt a cpl years ago came from here and I have seen taste of fragrance on there as well, but in general prices are too high to warrant purchasing from them on a regular basis.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    Perhaps some kind basenotes members in EU/US/CAN will order and post you a bottle as they have done for me in the past. I also believe sephora france (which usually seems to stock this stuff) will ship internationally if you can manage to sign up/order from the site.

But yes this stuff nor any of the flankers are to be seen in any AU stores, online or otherwise. Actually this place occasionally has some flankers: http://fragranceheaven.com.au my original pure malt a cpl years ago came from here and I have seen taste of fragrance on there as well, but in general prices are too high to warrant purchasing from them on a regular basis.
    yea i hope maybe i can work something out and i have checked both those stores but to no avail. besides i got plenty more on my list so if i cant get pure malt its all good

Post Thanks / Like

The other option is to sign up with those companies that give you a US shipping address, and who even order it for you if the site rejects your Australian credit card. The trick is to find someone who does it cheaply enough - the cheapest used to be Shop-the-States who charged $5 plus postage, but they aren't around anymore.

Because of their higher fees, these shipping companies are very handy for big ticket items e.g. Sony DSLR lenses that cost $4000 down here, cost $1500 in the US. Similarly, if you want to go on a cruise around the islands from Sydney, you can pay $3000 for lower level cabins here, while Americans who have booked on their sites (which are blocked to us) pay $1500 for nice upper deck balcony cabins.

The big problem we have down here is that we can't test any of these often discussed flanker A*men scents to see if it is worth the expense in the first place. Let's face it, a lot of the hyped scents can be a bit of a let down.
    Regards,
    Renato