Code of Conduct

Default Boucheron Pour Homme EDP - an opinion.

As some of you may know, I am a big fan of citrus chypres. So it should be no surprise that I have tried out Boucheron Pour Homme in the past. I have only ever found the EDT version to try before, and even though it has a lot of notes in common with another of my favourites, Armani Eau Pour Homme, I was always disappointed to find that BPH seemed very unbalanced for my liking, too little of the citrus top and floral middle, and too much of the oakmoss base, it winds up being way too astringent.

I got the opportunity to try Boucheron Pour Homme EDP on Friday. Balance has been restored to the universe.

This stuff is loud, powerful. But in the EDP, all the parts of the choir are singing with the same gusto. The unpleasant, astringent iodine like effect of the oakmoss that happens in the EDT is just not there, it is tempered by all the other notes. The projection of just 4 sprays was amazing, I was wrapped in an arms length cloud of "that guy smells good", and I was probably leaving a great trail behind me. Longevity was at least 7 hours (I had to go to bed), the shower the next morning reactivated some of the scent. I should think a single spray would be enough for the office, but even 4 sprays is only too overpowering for someone who's got right up close. Maybe skip this one for my Salsa classes, then.

Have I just found another one of my Holy Grail Scents? You know, I think I might just have...

I do feel sorry for those of you that have a scent memory association with "Old Ladies" when you smell this fabulous juice. But its not totally unexpected. This is one of only a handful of EDP strength Chypres marketed at men. Most others were marketed at women and had the height of their popularity in the 1950s and 1960s. Fortunately, my Grandmother was a fan of white flower scents, so I dont have this problem (thanks Gran).

Default Re: Boucheron Pour Homme EDP - an opinion.

Its a great scent, its just that my edp which came from beautyencounter, was old and stale; i've kept in the fridge and use it time to time, its a bit too pungent for me but nevertheless, its a great fragrance.

Agree it's a wonderful scent.

Thanks for the detailed description, adding valuable new insights to a scent genuinely enjoyed by me.

I started with EDT with great pleasure, no disharmony detected (ahem, it was 90s vintage juice btw)
    later switched to EDP which I liked much better.

Count me in that "Sorry for your Old Lady association" club too.

Regards, Odor.

...not special enough to buy...!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

BpH EDP is one frag i really enjoy wearing. Prefer it to the EDT for the balance andym72 pointed out, as well as its depth.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Love It ! Just purchased the EDP. Thanks to a forum member that recommended it to me...forever grateful.

This is a wonderful fragrance indeed.....I'm so happy that You were able to find this and sample.....Enjoy!!!
    Gary

A very classy scent with a sophistcated elegant aura. My favorit in this genre. A scent for Don Draper and Gordon Gekko. I just order a 100ml bottle of the EDP.

My grandma used to buy this for my grandpa.

Not my cuppatea!