Code of Conduct

Default Tried Old Spice for the first time - it's not bad; reminds me of D&G The One

Also tried Jovan Musk, but I can barely smell JM.

Default Re: Tried Old Spice for the first time - it's not bad; reminds me of D&G The One

It's been reformulated and does not have that strong spicy bite that it use to have. Shame.

Default Re: Tried Old Spice for the first time - it's not bad; reminds me of D&G The One

It still ranks among my favorites, so much so, I consider it as my SOTD

It's good stuff, but like Jack said it was quite a bit better back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    It's been reformulated and does not have that strong spicy bite that it use to have. Shame.
    The Old Spice available in India is quite different to the one available elsewhere (the Procter and Gamble product), and is much better in my opinion.

I forgot which dollar store but I bought a generic old spice and it smells much closer to the original than the current formulation.

Original Old Spice was a really good fragrance; such a shame that its reputation is so tarnished. The reformulation is a shadow of the original I'm afraid.

Many people cannot smell musk chemicals, maybe that is why Jovan is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    Many people cannot smell musk chemicals, maybe that is why Jovan is a problem.
    There are no, or hardly any, musks in Jovan Musk, if I remember correctly.

Liked smelling Old Spice on my father when I was young back in the early 60's.

I love using Old Spice cologne during the spring season. It's also my day-to-day morning aftershave. I still appreciate the current formulation. However Jovan Musk is a complete no no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    The Old Spice available in India is quite different to the one available elsewhere (the Procter and Gamble product), and is much better in my opinion.
    I have both and the one from India does smell stronger and better. Its in my rotation along with Brut, Clubman etc

To me, it smells more like D&G pH than anything. I do wish they would manufacture it into an EDT, of course, with stronger potency than the aftershave. Slap a 20 dollar price tag on it, a sprayer, and a decent presentation that keeps its old school charm, but becomes more modern to fit fragrance lovers standards -- and I would definitley buy it.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Lapin X View Post
    There are no, or hardly any, musks in Jovan Musk, if I remember correctly.
    Then you remember incorrectly.

Try a 1oz bottle of English leather spiced cologne for a similar alternative to the old school old spice.

Dependent

i agree not bad but not worth owning imo

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    Then you remember incorrectly.
    That is certainly possible.

Interesting. Now I am curious. I don't have any idea what Old Spice, English Leather, Hai Karate, and some others smell like. I am sure I smelled them before years ago, but honestly don't remember what any of these old classics smell like. I may have to go on a mission to get samples of these - just to know. Even if they are reformulated...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Banned
    Blog Entries

old spice is something that EVERY guy and his dad and his grandpa wears, but it's still a great scent, imo

There's a reason it's been around so long... Many of us wouldn't be here if our fathers hadn't owned a bottle of this stuff.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -