Code of Conduct

Default FIERCE - Doesn't project or last...

Everyone says that Fierce projects like crazy and lasts for hours, but that's not what's happening to me.

I apply 6 or 7 sprays total, to my neck, back of the neck, hair, arms, shirt...
    It smells great, and projects well for...say...30 or 15 minutes, then it turns into a skin scent...with that much sprays, I get good longevity as a skin scent, but that's not how it's supposed to behave, is it?
    Nobody can smell me after 30 min, god damn. I'm asking everybody if they can smell it, but no one can unless they put their nose on my neck.

Anyone having similar problems?

Default Re: FIERCE - Doesn't project or last...

I have the exact same problem with Fierce, it is a really enjoyable fragrance, I wish it lasted longer than it does.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Post Thanks / Like

chanel platinum egoiste has been referenced as smelling exactly like fierce, except better quality. so if you like fierce but hate either the projection or lasting power, try out platinum egoiste.

Rick, I tried Egoiste Platinum too...but they are not very similar, in my opinion.
    It's too mature, I don't know...I prefer Fierce's smell.

Neil4Speed, Yeah man, I just can't believe some people have such great results with fierce...the region I live is very hot and humid...what else does the fragrance need? lol

Get yourself a sample of mont blanc legend and see if you get better longevity from that as it has same kind of smell as fierce..

Post Thanks / Like

As general advise don't listen too much to hype around projection, etc. A lot of overhyping, and hyperbolizing going on.

The people at the mall and Abercrombie stores would say otherwise
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    it's one thing to spray oneself, another for that stuff to be pumped/sprayed throughout the entire store continuously

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    it's one thing to spray oneself, another for that stuff to be pumped/sprayed throughout the entire store continuously

Post Thanks / Like

sounds to me like your getting fatigue from overspraying. try to spray 2 or 3 further from your nose.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That's true, but I have never experienced any projection/longevity issues with Fierce. I own it and it is very easily oversprayed and lasts a very long time.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

On my skin it last like crazy and projects but I guess that is not the case for everyone. I find major issues with AMen which many say it last and projects like a beast but not on me.

Could it be a fake?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    I used to work at A&F in college and would reek of Fierce by the end of my shift, haha.

We used 'Fierce Room Spray' bottles and it was more potent than that was sold in the bottles for sale, so it seemed at least...

Anyway, I rebember seeing these room spray bottles for sale on eBay a while back so I would recommend checking there once in a while to see if any bottles are listed.

Yeah, I need to sniff MB Legend, but I heard it's watered down Fierce, so it doesn't sound too exciting...

@knoxthis: I thought about fatigue too, but if others can't smell me too, it can't be fatigue right? I'll do more tests...

I don't know if this is a fake...it is a 5ml vial, so there could be anything inside. But it smells very good. Maybe it's watered down, I don't know...

Do you think that FIERCE has been reformulated? Anyone knows about this?

Personally, I think it smells a lot like Bond No. 9 Riverside drive. I know that has monster projection and longevity (on me anyway). That may be an alternative for you.

If you are only getting 30 min (confirmed by others), you may have a fake or old/poorly stored one (depending on where you got it from)...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Brückner - Aoud 1
    4. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    5. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    6. Dior - Vetiver
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    10. Creed - Royal English Leather

Same issue. That is why I only wear it to class, or areas where I will be close to people.

Tried it and didn't care for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear Fierce to work -- or I used to at least. I would put on 2-3 sprays and within an hour I couldn't smell it on myself any more. I then moved it up to 4-5 sprays. Same result. GONE within an hour.

I found out a few weeks later that people were getting disgusted by my "scent" and making jokes that I wore too much cologne. My boss told another co-worker "I knew he was in the back room before I opened the door."

Alas, I was suffering from "olfactory fatigue" and didn't notice.

I've since stopped wearing cologne to work. Tired of all of the whiners. They have no taste (not just about Fierce, I've worn other colognes in lesser concentrations and they just like to bitch about anything).

@atrac: Wow man! That's quite a story...I hope it really is olfactory fatigue for me too...

Coming to think of it, on the day I wore it and nobody noticed it, I was at a party on the terrace of a house, it was windy, cold and people were a little drunk...maybe they wouldn't be able to smell anything even if I wore A*MEN

But on other occasions I wore fierce and nobody said anything too...well, I only have enough juice now for 2 maybe 3 sprays...I'll do my final test on these coming days.
    Last edited by Rod; 10th September 2012 at 05:06 PM.

Exclamation Re: FIERCE - Doesn't project or last...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    well, I only have enough juice now for 2 maybe 3 sprays...I'll do my final test on these coming days.
    Well, I did my last wearing on Fierce last night at a party and got the same results: it lasts a good amount of time as a skin scent, but I asked my gf if she could smell it from an arm's length after 1 hour and she couldn't...what is going on?

(I did 2 sprays on the neck, 1 to the top of chest and micro-sprays of what was left in the vial on my arms)

Post Thanks / Like

Fierce must have been reformulated. I wore it back in 2007 and once got a compliment from a girl who was 7-10 feet away. She said it was very strong and could smell it from afar. It was a beast. It's probably been changed since then. Oh, and that was with 2 sprays. One on the front of my neck and 1 dabbed between my wrists.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I just read recently that Fierce has one of the highest concentrations of Iso e Super of any cologne on the market. Many people simply can't smell it within a very short period of time, while others can quite easily and for a long time. Chances are, if you're hitting yourself with 10+ sprays of it, you're likely getting olfactory fatigue and possibly also can't smell the iso e well. I'd pretty much guarantee plenty of other around you can smell those 10 sprays for quite a while, though.

That being said, I don't wear Fierce, so I can't really comment on it's strength, vintage or otherwise. @dougczar mentioned Riverside Drive. I can't comment to whether or not it smells similar (although I've seen this mentioned before in other threads, too), but it would be worth giving it a test. I really like RD & it definitely has solid projection and longevity.

Updating what I said back in September:
    I'm not certain what it is, but I noticed many fragrances (including Fierce) that were once skin scents on me, now project very well. My first Fierce wearing was horrible; sprayed it on, and didn't smell it again after an hour.
    A month later, I kept wearing it; projected all day and I constantly got whiffs of it all throughout the day.

I've smelled every meathead that wears Fierce from at least a quarter mile away.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you just don't have enough of a six pack. If you had abs like the dude on the bottle, you'd get at least 12 hours of longevity and beast monster projection.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Maybe you just don't have enough of a six pack. If you had abs like the dude on the bottle, you'd get at least 12 hours of longevity and beast monster projection.
    hahahahah that's where I went wrong then...I'm hitting the gym right away!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Updating what I said back in September:
    I'm not certain what it is, but I noticed many fragrances (including Fierce) that were once skin scents on me, now project very well. My first Fierce wearing was horrible; sprayed it on, and didn't smell it again after an hour.
    A month later, I kept wearing it; projected all day and I constantly got whiffs of it all throughout the day.
    That's interesting man...I think I'll purchase a full bottle and see how it goes for me. BTW, is it projecting better on hot or cold weather for you?

I would purchase a decant instead.
    It's projecting really well in hot weather. I have yet to try it in the cold though.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    I would purchase a decant instead.
    Yeah, I did some tests from the decant I had here...but when I wore it, it didn't project THAT well :/
    Even so, the smell is very good...

By the way, I'm from Brazil...can you guys point me out some site that will ship a bottle of Fierce to me here?

Hm, that's odd. Typically the decants last as long as the full bottle =/

Yeah, I don't think that I got a fake or a diluted decant, because it lasted a long time, but close to the skin =/
    But I'm willing to give it a go, I want a full bottle of Fierce
    I just don't know where to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that I got a fake or a diluted decant, because it lasted a long time, but close to the skin =/
    But I'm willing to give it a go, I want a full bottle of Fierce
    I just don't know where to buy it
    Rod, I don't know if you wear any unscented lotion, but this was the holy grail fragrance discovery for me personally as far as improving longevity and projection. Just a tip. I put it in the "elbow crotches" and chest, let it set a bit and then spray the fragrance. Seems to make the fragrance "sit on the top" and not soak in. Boom, everything except Dolce and Gabbana The One lasts and projects better. I still get about 2 minutes and 30 seconds with D&G.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

I have to try that man! Thanks for the tip!
    Funny thing is I can't even find an unscented lotion here LOL...I'll keep looking for it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Rod, I don't know if you wear any unscented lotion, but this was the holy grail fragrance discovery for me personally as far as improving longevity and projection. Just a tip. I put it in the "elbow crotches" and chest, let it set a bit and then spray the fragrance. Seems to make the fragrance "sit on the top" and not soak in. Boom, everything except Dolce and Gabbana The One lasts and projects better. I still get about 2 minutes and 30 seconds with D&G.
    DARN IT! As I was reading this I thought "Finally, there's hope for The One." Apparently not

Hey, if you want more longevity, try applying it to your hair a couple times...it may help too