Code of Conduct

Default Looking for Fall scent similar to "Tea for Two"

Hi everyone!

I first must apologize for my abysmal participation in this community. A whopping 29 posts in SIX YEARS of being a member? Tragic. However - I have to say that it's all your fault! See, when I first joined it was to help me discover my signature scent ... and it worked! So I haven't continued the exploration with the same vigor. I've been wearing L'Artisan "Tea For Two" for the past six years and it's completely working out for me. However, I'd love to add something else to my Fall/Winter scent collection.

Looking for recommendations! If it helps -- I also quite enjoy Bois D'Orage from Frederic Malle.

Thanks much!

**Also, I'm going to NYC next week for a trip and actually could use a restock of my "Tea for Two". Anyone know of a great spot to buy it?**

Default Re: Looking for Fall scent similar to "Tea for Two"

I assume you have tried Gucci phII? That is my go-to fall scent and is compared to tea for two a lot.

OMG OMG! Tea for Two has been DISCONTINUED?!?!? Oh no. I'm bout to have a stroke here. Help! Where can I go to buy it?

T42 has been discontinued. From what I understand, Gucci Pour Homme II (very similar IMO) has recently been discontinuted also (I just purchased 2 bottles to stock up). So, if you cannot find T42, you may want to track down some GPHII before those disappear also.

I think Creed Royal Oud isn't too far off from those either (more tea than Oud to my nose).

My Fall favorites at the moment are:

by Kilian Cruel Intentions
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Bois du Portugal
    Pure Malt
    Pure Havane
    Tobacco Vanille
    Tauer LADDM
    Bond No. 9 NY Amber
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Chanel Sycomore

Nothing you should blind buy, but some you may want to give a look to.

Good Luck!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by expecto_patronum View Post
    OMG OMG! Tea for Two has been DISCONTINUED?!?!? Oh no. I'm bout to have a stroke here. Help! Where can I go to buy it?

Strawberrynet is showing they have it.
    http://us.strawberrynet.com/mens-fra...124328/#DETAIL

You might check Neiman Marcus while you are in NYC to see if they have any bottles of tea for two sitting around. I got lucky a couple of weeks ago at a Neiman's in SF that had a couple of bottles left and I bought one while I was there. I think you can also find bottles for sale at Amazon (and apparently Stawberrynet -- thanks PalmBeach!). As for scents that are similar, Gucci PHII is somewhat similar to Tea for Two.

Banned

Try:

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens - One in initially treated to a lemony accord. Bergamot, with its bittersweet and peppery facets, commingles with a robust, sweetly floral, Earl Grey tea. This tart and tangy mixture, almost effervescent, is carried on an undercurrent of ginger, which infuses its sweet and lemony facets, to the heart. Here, the warmth and spiciness of cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg shower the lemony opening, lifting a gingerbread accord, reminiscent of speculoos, with their rich sweetness and spiciness. A balsamic and faintly buttery woodiness from cedar carries the seductive accord to the base. Transitioning, the smooth cedar is tempered by a woody and lively pepper flittering about, akin to incense, and honey, which imparts its sweetness with a touch of urine. A resinous amber infuses its vanillic and smoky facets. And, a somewhat dark and slightly musky patchouli diffuses its aromatic earthiness. A dusting of bitter cacao also presents. The interplay of the foregoing leads to a comforting drydown. This unisex fragrance leans to the masculine side, and is light and bright. A festive composition, it has average projection, a 1-foot scent cloud, and average longevity, approximately 8 hours.

why don't you just go to MiN, Henri Bendel, Barney's and Osswald and explore fragrances randomly? It's funny and you could be surprised...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Although IMO different enough, Gucci Pour Homme II in a pinch.

Gucci Pour Homme II and Tea for Two are very different in my opinion. Even the tea notes are totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Try:

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens - One in initially treated to a lemony accord. Bergamot, with its bittersweet and peppery facets, commingles with a robust, sweetly floral, Earl Grey tea. This tart and tangy mixture, almost effervescent, is carried on an undercurrent of ginger, which infuses its sweet and lemony facets, to the heart. Here, the warmth and spiciness of cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg shower the lemony opening, lifting a gingerbread accord, reminiscent of speculoos, with their rich sweetness and spiciness. A balsamic and faintly buttery woodiness from cedar carries the seductive accord to the base. Transitioning, the smooth cedar is tempered by a woody and lively pepper flittering about, akin to incense, and honey, which imparts its sweetness with a touch of urine. A resinous amber infuses its vanillic and smoky facets. And, a somewhat dark and slightly musky patchouli diffuses its aromatic earthiness. A dusting of bitter cacao also presents. The interplay of the foregoing leads to a comforting drydown. This unisex fragrance leans to the masculine side, and is light and bright. A festive composition, it has average projection, a 1-foot scent cloud, and average longevity, approximately 8 hours.
    I'd recommend this one as well, although I believe it's either being discontinued or moved to Exclusive belljar status, although I'm sure it'll be available in 50ml Export bottle for a while to come as the grey market is saturated with this one.

Barney's in Dallas (NorthPark Mall) still had some T42 when I was there in July. You might check with them or their website.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Gucci Pour Homme II and Tea for Two are very different in my opinion. Even the tea notes are totally different.
    Agree. They're similar to me, in that they are both tea-based, but that's where the similarity ends. The L'Artisan offering has a much darker tea, and a fortuitous smokiness that GPH II lacks. I happen to like both, and find GPH II much more versatile, but I don't get the association between the two. All I have left of the TF2 is a few mls, and will likely be the end of this fragrance for me. It was fun while it lasted, but as suggested above, there are so many different frags left to pine over the one that got away (NB: I say this as my favorite scent is still in production and readily available).

You could try the BN marketplace.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

GPHII and Tea for Two are worlds apart.

Do you like the smokey aspect? There's a few for that, check out Burning Leaves or Patchouli 24.

Do you like the tea? Well, Gucci PH2 does have a tea note, and would work very well in the fall, there are plenty tea fragrances though.

Chanel Sycomore might be closer to Tea for Two. I don't really get any connection between Tea for Two and Gucci PH II in actual use. Perhaps some hope, Fragrancenet lists Tea for Two as coming soon.

Noel Au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange
    I am

Bulgari Black is something to try if you like "Tea for Two". Think of it as a futuristic version of the same idea.

Gucci Pour Homme II is like a lighter, summer/daytime version of "Tea for Two", so check that as well.

thanks so much for all the suggestions, everyone!

i'm excited to try Five O'Clock Gingembre! that sounds really interesting! as does the Art Collection #08! I got in touch with Steven at LuckyScent and he suggested i try "Idole de Lubins". so i've got a couple samples of that on their way to me.

i found a bottle of Tea For Two on amazon.ca for a reasonable price. the last bottle available apparently. so i'm feeling particularly fortunate!

i haven't smelled Gucci phII. will definitely pay a visit to Holts and check it out.

thanks again!

+1 for Bvlgari Black

If you like the smoky tea that is Lapsang Souchong then Bvlgari Black might tickle your fancy. I feel that many people who are not familiar with Lapsang Souchong tea, and by the looks of it that would include the vast majority of the reviewers, incorrectly identify that smoky tea note as 'the rubber note' but to my nose it is the aforementioned smoked tea which I used to drink a lot of.

I found Gucci PHII to be disappointing and the tea note to be so subtle as to be unrecognisable, it smelled generically nice, nothing special which is sad considering my fond memories of Gucci PHI. Black is far more special.