Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Afgano projection/sillage

Is it just me or is the projection on Nasomatto's Black Afgano not all its cracked up to be? I keep reading about the extrait strength and how even half a spray will last 24 hours and people across the room will smell it but I went with one spray about 3 hours ago and it was really rather weak so I went with 2 more for a total of 3 sprays. It's doing alright now but it's got nothing on beasts like Tobacco Vanille and Sables. Black Afgano behaves much like an average strength EdP rather than an extrait.

Anyone have similar experiences? My juice is dark brown, not black like in the pictures, so perhaps they're being diluted down a little more these days? Duration is ok but the projection off my body really doesn't seem to be all that great (and it's a nice and warm day today, no less).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Black Afgano projection/sillage

It's the lighting, all the juice is dark brown. The longevity is crazy long on me, the projection though is a little on the better side of average for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I get a little above average projection with BA which is not what one would expect from an extrait. However, I get monstrous projection with Duro, both have excellent longevity on my skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto. Crazy longevity, average projection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Ditto. Crazy longevity, average projection.
    This!

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Exasperating longevity, average projection that turns to be too much on me because I strongly dislike this stuff.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Exasperating longevity, average projection that turns to be too much on me because I strongly dislike this stuff.
    What exactly do you dislike the most?

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had purchased a bottle back in December. I was really disappointed in the projection, the juice stayed close to my skin all the time. Longevity was better but for the price, I don't think the fragrance is worth it. I ended up swapping it in a couple of months.

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    What exactly do you dislike the most?
    the syrupy sweetness and the fact that it's overdone...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I had purchased a bottle back in December. I was really disappointed in the projection, the juice stayed close to my skin all the time. Longevity was better but for the price, I don't think the fragrance is worth it. I ended up swapping it in a couple of months.
    Well it's at least reassuring to see I'm not alone in experiencing this. I forgot I was even wearing it last night, that's how weak it projected on me. I'd imagine a full milliliter of juice would need to be sprayed on for an adequate wearing, which means this bottle is about $6 per wearing.

Post Thanks / Like

I get average projection & very good longevity. But it does become close to the skin after a little while.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Just because it's an extrait it doesn't automatically mean its Gunna project like a motherfucker , many extraits from say Chanel and Guerlain aren't as big on the sillage as their edp counterparts

Freakish projection on this one for me.

Multiple occasions as well.... when I first bought this... I had sprayed a little on a strip. People about 30+ feet away from me (no lie) commented that they could smell the fragrance from across the room. This was un-prompted. They actually piped up and said "What is that smell?"

Another occasion as I was having a guy smell the fragrance.. he was commenting how weak it was. A woman passing by (about 20 feet away) stopped and asked what the smell was.

Here is the key question.. can other people smell you? Whenever I am judging longevity I always use a myriad of people to help form my opinion of it.

Post Thanks / Like

One spray on a little strip went 30 feet? That's crazy, I don't have that experience at all with this one. I think extraits tend to wear a bit closer to the skin but the duration is impressive. I go with 3 sprays when I wear Black Afgano. A little overpriced but I found 15ml on eBay for $50 with free shipping so I figured why not.