Code of Conduct

Default Romea d'Ameor pass the sample

Twolf started a really interesting pass the sample with vials of all the Romea d'Ameor line. I am the first, and a second person is lined up, but there are probably other slots, so interested people, *please sign up* in case Twolf decides to extend this!

I had never smelled any or the RdA, so I was really curious. Overall, the line appears to be a variation on the theme of modern white florals, that is light, civet-less, and fresh. It seems to be an attempt to take a trite and usually inferior genre and move it up to a higher level with artful composition and better materials. Still, despite the undeniable quality, the line cannot escape a certain dullness intrinsical to the genre. But if anybody really likes the genre and has money, it's hard to do much better. Wealthy women who like their mainstream squeaky clean stuff could profitably be redirected towards this line.

But more on each one, from less to more inspiring:

Souveraines d'Egypt: light amber with some flowers, actually more ambers than florals. Of interest to those who like the light nonperfumes with names like eau d'ambre and similar.
    Les Amours du Taj Mahal: very fleeting light citrus floral. My skin eats perfume, but this one disappears faster than usual.
    Pretresses Incas: fruity floral, with an intense (for the line) sweet citrusy and berry note and some spices. A standout in the dismal fruity floral genre, but still a member.
    Princesses de Venise: light citrusy floral. Not unpleasant, but boring.
    Espionnes du Tsar: floral with ambery vanillic oriental touches. As above.
    Imperatrices Japonaises: floral top with an incensy ambery drydown. The drydown is very smooth and pleasant and escapes the white floral genre altogether. Still, not particularly novel.
    Les Maitresses de louis xiv: the most intense white floral of the series. There's a big lily of the valley which manages to escape the functional association thanks to the addition of indolic notes, there are other flowers like lilies with their salty and un-floral aspect, and a general impression of flowers in a vase with old water, which, while not entirely pleasant, at least injects some interest and fun. Somewhat close, to my nose, to some of the Diptyque offerings like Jardin Clos and, in part, to the new Olene, but, again, with lotv and a better constructed white floral part. Perhaps it's not my favorite style, but to me it's the most exciting of the series.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Romea d'Ameor pass the sample

Yes, please, there is enough jus left for one more person this side of the Pond to test them. Then off they go, to Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Yes, please, there is enough jus left for one more person this side of the Pond to test them. Then off they go, to Poland.
    Twolfie, so it means that I'm next in the line, huh? I didn't know (or should I say didn't remember) signing up but yes, yes, yes, give em to me I'll happily try!

BUT. If there's someone else in the US to try them please pass to them first. That would be a stupid thing to send from US to Poland and them back to the US.

I'm curious to hear the impressions after the pass. I have tried them all and was very much underwhelmed. Not a single scent in the entire line which would have even remotely tempted me into a purchase. cacio's description is on the spot: most of them are light, watery florals without any oomph.

Basenotes Institution

Giving it one more chance before the samples -- all 7 of them -- go to Europe to Lucasai. Please either PM me or cacio or post here on this thread if there is anyone keen on the subject. Thanks.