Code of Conduct

Default Abercrombie & Fitch - Fierce . Reformulated ? or what ? help

I ve heard people , saying there is an original ( vintage ) version of A&F Fierce , and this is the one that creates love and brings all the positive reviews based on the incredible smell , seduction , pleasure effect on ladies , VERY GOOD longevity and Bomb Projection and sillage..and NOW , they said it is different , it is not the same smell and longevity is at most 3 hours !!
    Note: no one please say it is a fake . ordered from the official website.

Default Re: Abercrombie & Fitch - Fierce . Reformulated ? or what ? help

Don't know what to tell you man. I just have a vintage version, so I can't compare. I would understand your concern though.

based on many positive reviews , the group/notes of Fierce and that no one even know about A&F the brand in my place (so that if i wear it , it will be unique) , i see that Fierce meet my demands. there's no way to test it in my country , so i will blind buy it online ( Parfumsmoinscher.com )..i am afraid of buying it to get a very weak cologne not Fierce what reviewers talk about!.
    and this will be exactly what happend to me with l'eau d'issey ( the incredible cologne that is now reformulated to shit ).
    Please help

Smells the same to me man. I have a "vintage" bottle with the old style ripped 6 pack man chest sticker and silver cap from 2007. Mine wasn't stored properly and is old so it doesn't smell as fresh in the top notes and it doesn't last as long as it used to. Fierce was always a beast though. HUGE projection and girl compliments.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Smells the same to me man. I have a "vintage" bottle with the old style ripped 6 pack man chest sticker and silver cap from 2007. Mine wasn't stored properly and is old so it doesn't smell as fresh in the top notes and it doesn't last as long as it used to. Fierce was always a beast though. HUGE projection and girl compliments.
    Do you encourage me to buy it so or not ?

Is that the shit that invades your nostrils in the mall - if you're within a thousand feet of an A&F store?

I don't think it was ever reformulated, they just keep changing the sticker.

Oh, Fierce most definitely has been reformulated numerous times. I still have an OLD bottle from 2002 when it first came out that has the original smell, nothing like it is now. Current version is far more citrusy, old one was spicier.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

Quote Originally Posted by newfraglove View Post
    Do you encourage me to buy it so or not ?
    If you like it then go for it. It's a compliment getter and a solid fragrance despite it's reputation as "the mall scent".
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    Oh, Fierce most definitely has been reformulated numerous times. I still have an OLD bottle from 2002 when it first came out that has the original smell, nothing like it is now. Current version is far more citrusy, old one was spicier.
    Do you have the bottle that simply says "FIERCE" in red letters? No sticker, old cheap silver cap? That's the one I have.

if the box and bottle changed ! there is not necessarily a reformulation! so maybe the juice changed within bottle and box changes and maybe not!.
    I need someone to answer that question simply.
    i don care about bottle or box , i care about juice !
    Fierce ( The Juice ) is it reformulated ? Fierce of 2002 , is it the same fierce (The juice) sold in 2012. ???

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    Do you have the bottle that simply says "FIERCE" in red letters? No sticker, old cheap silver cap? That's the one I have.
    Bingo, .47 oz bottle from waaayy back in the day when it first came out. No doubt this has been reformulated to hell.

- - - Updated - - -

if the box and bottle changed ! there is not necessarily a reformulation! so maybe the juice changed within bottle and box changes and maybe not!.
    I need someone to answer that question simply.
    i don care about bottle or box , i care about juice !
    Fierce ( The Juice ) is it reformulated ? Fierce of 2002 , is it the same fierce (The juice) sold in 2012. ???
    Yes, this is what I answered, the juice itself most definitely has been reformulated, coinciding with their various changes to the overall Fierce lineup (bottle sizes, price increases, bottle design changes, body care line, etc.) over the years.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

Yes, this is what I answered, the juice itself most definitely has been reformulated, coinciding with their various changes to the overall Fierce lineup (bottle sizes, price increases, bottle design changes, body care line, etc.) over the years.
    Regardless of that reformulation , Smelling "nowadays Fierce" , is it bad ? tell me if it is bad please , tell me if longevity / sillage / projection are different now!

- - - Updated - - -

where are you !?

Regardless of that reformulation , Smelling "nowadays Fierce" , is it bad ? tell me if it is bad please , tell me if longevity / sillage / projection are different now!

- - - Updated - - -

where are you !?
    I can't tell you if you'll like it, that's up to you. I prefer the old one, but rarely wear the scent anymore.
    Splits!

what about projection/sillage/longevity of " Nowadays FIERCE " ?? Guys tell me please.

"new" fierce is fine. smells good, has good longevity and sillage. just get it.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    "new" fierce is fine. smells good, has good longevity and sillage. just get it.
    RyanT , First you said that you only have the vintage and that you can't compare. did you test it in these 2 days ?

RyanT , First you said that you only have the vintage and that you can't compare. did you test it in these 2 days ?
    I currently have the old version. It was recently acquired. I had the newer version about a year ago. I can't compare the two because I don't have both at the same time. I am concerned about reformulations when it's a fragrance I love, so that's why I acquired the old version. From what I remember, the new version smelled like I remembered the old one to smell. And the few times I wore it, it performed well. However, I do not know how it would stack up against the old version I have now.

I think you should get Fierce and not worry about which version you get. I would only worry about getting an older bottle if like me, you had the original when you were younger and want to make sure you get the exact one you had for nostalgic purposes.

I can tell the difference from my old red label bottle and the new bottle. That being said my "room spray" bottle is older and smells exactly the same as the new bottle so i am not sure if there really was a reformulation or if the red label lost top notes as it aged.

I really don't know much about reformulations of this but if you want something that I think is a smoother version try MontBlanc Legend. Almost an adult version of Fierce. Uncanny how close but different they are.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Dude, just try it for yourself at this point, there's only so much anyone can tell you. Ultimately, it depends on your own impression of it, how it reacts on your own skin, etc.
    Splits!

Dude, just try it for yourself at this point, there's only so much anyone can tell you. Ultimately, it depends on your own impression of it, how it reacts on your own skin, etc.
    This

Ok Thanks for all who replied to my thread

Ok Thanks for all who replied to my thread
    anyone have the issue where this smells like alchohol after a year?

It has been reformulated but this occurred long ago and for the better.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Fierce was one of my first colognes about 10 years ago. I have followed it and owned a few bottles over the years so I feel I can talk about it with some knowledge.

It is definitely not the same now as it was 5-10 years ago. I owned the old version (red letters) and 1 spray of it lasted literally 12 hours. It was a compliment machine of course. The new version to me smells like an EDT if the old one was an EDP. Pretty much the same smell just toned down a lot to the point where 5 sprays doesn't even equal 1 spray of the old one.