Code of Conduct

Default L'instant de Guerlain Extreme EDP Question

Hey guys and gals. I hate to beat a dead horse but is LIDGE worth buying if you have any if the following:

Thierry Mugler Pure Havane

Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Dior Homme

I had Bond No. 9 New Haarlem

I was just making sure that it isn't exactly like anyone of these in terms of the cocoa sense and smells similar. Again sorry to beat a dead horse. I am looking for a bottle to blind buy and didn't know if I would be wasting my money looking around trying to find one.

Default Re: L'instant de Guerlain Extreme EDP Question

It doesn't smell similar to any of them .

The anise , woods and jasmine in this one is what makes it such a subtle not-too-sweet-semi-gourmand masterpiece IMO ...

So i say yes .

But on a side note , don't expect monster projection from it like you do with Pure Malt for example .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

So pretty much the longevity is close to the skin? What's the amount of hours it projects at a decent distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8buffering View Post
    So pretty much the longevity is close to the skin? What's the amount of hours it projects at a decent distance?
    Longevity is better than all the list you have : 24 hours on my skin

Projection is "polite " , opens up more during the drydown stages ( which is the best part of the fragrance ) .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I own all including LIDGE. So the answer is yes It has a natural citrus note that none of the four has...

It's not similar to any of those you listed.

It projects well in the first 5-6 hours on my skin and I could still smell it the next day, that's 14+ hours.

So to answer your question: Yes.

Out of those, Pure Havane is the closest.

Hey guys and gals. I hate to beat a dead horse but is LIDGE worth buying if you have any if the following:

Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Dior Homme

Yes! The other ones miss what makes most Guerlain scents typical Guerlain: Guerlinade!

I have Havane and Malt and I would definitely say they're no substitute for LIDGE, all of them are great and unique fragrances in their own right.

Dependent

I own them all and i must say they are very different to me. LIDGE is my 'go-to' scent when I want to be a little more formal
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

L'Instant has no real comparisons. It's a very well-made fragrance.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Now I wish I had enough posts to list swaps or on the wanted forum.

Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Dior Homme

IMO Yes.

Simply...yes

Is this still sold overseas. I cant find it anywhere and is it worth a elevated price tag from retail? I didn't know if this was discontinued or just hard to find if at all in the U.S.

Is this still sold overseas. I cant find it anywhere and is it worth a elevated price tag from retail? I didn't know if this was discontinued or just hard to find if at all in the U.S.
    It's easy to find in Europe though not so in the States, checking online is your best bet. It's worth that little bit extra as its a great frag but not worth paying way over the odds for.

Greetings All,
    Just received my second bottle of L'IDGE *Extreme* and I'm not so sure about this latest buy, doesn't seem as concentrated as the first bottle purchased last year, also the bottle design remains the same but it's not as well put together and feels slightly slap-dash in construction, cheapened would be a better description as the dark brown plastic molding is not as crisp as before. Maybe it's just me being overly critical, can someone tell me if the bottom of the bottle only states eau de parfum with no mention of 'Extreme' & is the four digit batch code (1YO1) printed on a small silver square ? over a corner of a clear plastic identity sticker, just checking because after test spraying some of the juice ran down the sides of the bottle when I turned it over, thought that quite odd for a quality vapo spray. I paid AU$65 + s&h from the UK. so can't complain about the price, the drydown is becoming stronger now after 2 hours, the warm cacao is really starting to kick in along with the most subtle accord of citrus/ginger & jasmine. Delicious !
    Thank's folks for any info you may have regarding bottle design features of this 'Extreme' edition.

- - - Updated - - -

Greetings All,
    Just received my second bottle of L'IDGE *Extreme* and I'm not so sure about this latest buy, doesn't seem as concentrated as the first bottle purchased last year, also the bottle design remains the same but it's not as well put together and feels slightly slap-dash in construction, cheapened would be a better description as the dark brown plastic molding is not as crisp as before. Maybe it's just me being overly critical, can someone tell me if the bottom of the bottle only states eau de parfum with no mention of 'Extreme' & is the four digit batch code (1YO1) printed on a small silver square ? over a corner of a clear plastic identity sticker, just checking because after test spraying some of the juice ran down the sides of the bottle when I turned it over, thought that quite odd for a quality vapo spray. I paid AU$65 + s&h from the UK. so can't complain about the price, the drydown is becoming stronger now after 2 hours, the warm cacao is really starting to kick in along with the most subtle accord of citrus/ginger & jasmine. Delicious !
    Thank's folks for any info you may have regarding bottle design features of this 'Extreme' edition.
    L'Homme Vert

Quote Originally Posted by L'homme vert View Post
    Greetings All,
    I bought mine bottle month ago from escentual (UK) and it is 2U01 batch. Sticker on bottom looks like this:

TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme

Angry Re: L'instant de Guerlain Extreme EDP Question

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I bought mine bottle month ago from escentual (UK) and it is 2U01 batch. Sticker on bottom looks like this:

G'day
    DREAMER 81,
    Thank's for your speedy reply, the photo of your LIDGE edp has allayed all fears that my second bottle is not legit, the sticker is almost exact with the exception that the words extreme/eau extreme are absent from mine, maybe a slight change in the manufacturing/design process. After checking the Cosmetics Guide it tells me that the batch code for my new bottle (1Y01) denotes a 2011 manufacture date so a relatively new product also it's been almost 12 hours since application and the drydown is still powering on & on & on ! YUM, lots of chocolaty goodness, once again "THANK-YOU" for your kind & informative response.
    Best Regards.
    L'Homme vert.
    L'Homme Vert

L'Homme Vert, I bought LIEDG a few days and the bottom bottle is:

I think is the same of yours.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JediConsular View Post
    L'Homme Vert, I bought LIEDG a few days and the bottom bottle is:

I think is the same of yours.
    He was discussing the batch number at the bottom. Looks like yours is actually 1Y01. Mine is 2S01. Some people say there are large batch variations (like a particular note is stronger in one batch than the other). I don't think I have as good of a nose to smell the differences.

Yes, I talk about it, cause mine LIEDG looks like its the same of L'Homme Vert. My batch don't has the 'Eau Extreme / Extreme Fragrance' in the bottom. Do you know if this is a recent change or something?

Basenotes Plus

My bottom looks exactly like your bottom. I'm pretty sure it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    My bottom looks exactly like your bottom. I'm pretty sure it's real.
    Thanks for your answer, I will relax about originality, and enjoy the frag.

Quote Originally Posted by JediConsular View Post
    Thanks for your answer, I will relax about originality, and enjoy the frag.
    You guys need to stop comparing bottoms!

One of the best in my wardrobe, if not the best one.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

In my opinion LIDGE has nothing in comparison to the fragrances which you have listed. The pronounced anise note differentiates LIDGE very much. And, it is not as sweet as Pure Malt, Pure Havane or Dior Homme. Cannot really speak about the Bond. no. 9 one too much, only tried a sample of it. LIDGE is very complex in structure and a tad on the mature side. Longevity is strong, lasts 8+ hours on my dry skin. Projection remains rather close to the skin perhaps a few inches beyond your personal space. Overall, a very good fragrance that a gentleman should include in his fragrance wardrobe.