Code of Conduct

Default How Many Sprays For Club/Bar Setting?

Hey guys just wanting know how many sprays of your favorite club/bar fragrance you douse yourself with.

As for me: Rochas Man-2 on the chest, 2 on the neck, 1 on each forearm= 6 sprays
    La Nuit de L'homme- 2 on the chest, 2 on the neck= 4 sprays

Default Re: How Many Sprays For Club/Bar Setting?

For me the same as any social setting -3 (2 on neck & 1 on chest)

Usually just a bit more than what I spray normally, 4 -> 6. Depends on the potence tho, but still about the same % increase.

In my case, 4-6 at most sprays of a very strong one, 8-10 or more if the scent is very light.

Dependent

typically when i go out i want to stand out more so i go for my niche frags so two sprays one on each side behind the ears
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Generally 3-5 (clubs are warm inside, so I tend to tone it down a bit).

I imagine if I were in the US I'd wear less in a lounge venue. You'd be in close proximity to "civilians" who may be quick to label you as "that perfume guy".
    for swap/sale:

I usually add an exra spray to my clothes for projection and keep it the same

If I'm wearing shorts I'll go one to the neck at the collar line, and one on each wrist going up the arm and a shot behind each knee, making the total 5. If I'm wearing pants, I'll go one on each side of the neck and one on each wrist going up the arm, totaling 4. I typically carry a pocket atomizer in case I need to re-up.

All I can say is this: Less IS MORE. Believe me, you want the ever so lightest aroma - basically so none can smell you unless they get really close. I remember back in college I overdid it once or twice (it happens to the best of us lol), and people would be like, "what is that smell" or "something smells weird" etc. That feeling is terrible, especially in a dense assembly situation of people -- and mind you, college students who aren't afraid to say whats on their mind. It's awful because the comments will keep building and stabbing you in the back as the class goes on. It's been years since...but I still remember those two times. ;/

Especially in the winter with the heaters blazing here in NYC--I can't afford to overdo it. If I was in a college situation again, I'd advise a MAX of 2 sprays, and only 1 if it's Le Male or similar intensities.

Believe me---it's 100% better to not be smelled than be "that cologne guy". As with what it seems most things are in life, it's a paradox. The more cologne you spray, the less people like you. The less, the more. Simple--and after sticking to the latter ever since, I can vouch for that one. :-)

I don't go clubbing anymore, except very rarely, but my philosophy never changes: she shouldn't smell my perfume unless she's leaning in, my awesome smell is kind of a reward for her for getting close

Depends on the club. When I used to go clubbing it was all hot, sweaty and smokey, so the choice of scent and the amount applied would have to take that into account. Except I hated fragrances at that time. I would never have considered wearing any.

These days, I understand that these venues are all smoke free in the US and Australia, so I think I'd be applying less. Maybe 3-5 sprays depending on the scent.
    That feeling when you're waiting for a split to fill.
    Currently wearing: Sugi by Comme des Garçons

Around 5-6.

Of course, depending on the fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Bar - six sprays under clothes
    Club - six sprays under clothes, two on chest one behind neck - which still seems like underspraying compared to others.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Depends on the club. When I used to go clubbing it was all hot, sweaty and smokey, so the choice of scent and the amount applied would have to take that into account. Except I hated fragrances at that time. I would never have considered wearing any.

These days, I understand that these venues are all smoke free in the US and Australia, so I think I'd be applying less. Maybe 3-5 sprays depending on the scent.
    I remember reading where in some parts of Europe they had to start piping in scent via the air conditioning. Turns out tobacco smoke was doing a great job of suppressing a lot of body odour and sweat odour, which suddenly became very apparent when the smoke was absent.

Regards,
    Renato