Code of Conduct

Exclamation New Scent Feb 2013: Gucci PH II Intense

Heard this from a Dillard's rep. They will be receiving a new Gucci frag in Feb. Gucci PH II Intense. I hope its true because i did find the regular Gucci PH II to light for anyone to notice on me, thus giving it to my brother. I'm anxious to sniff this out!

Default Re: New Scent Feb 2013: Gucci PH II Intense

That would be nice! Let's hope.

This would be great!
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

I like Gucci Pour Homme II as it is. What I'd love to see is a 6.8 oz version of Gucci Pour Homme II and I.

Wow! There are going to be some excited people on here!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Hang on. An intense version of a scent they're discontinuing? When I called Gucci recently, I was told GphII will disappear from their website and retailers when their current stock is sold through. GphI is already gone.

I suspect what the rep meant was something like a Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Intense.

- - - Updated - - -

...don't get me wrong... I'd be the first to rush out and try a GphII Intense.

Very surprising. I thought Gucci Pour Homme II was on the way out, so to hear of a new flanker for it is very unexpected!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Hang on. An intense version of a scent they're discontinuing? When I called Gucci recently, I was told GphII will disappear from their website and retailers when their current stock is sold through. GphI is already gone.

I suspect what the rep meant was something like a Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Intense.

- - - Updated - - -

...don't get me wrong... I'd be the first to rush out and try a GphII Intense.
    Sadly, I expect you're right.

I don't think that's true. Сompany management of Procter & Gamble Prestige doesn't like anything that came out before Gucci by GUcci.

Nope I'm not mistaken she said and i quote "Gucci is going to be releasing a new scent, a flanker of Gucci PH II, an Intense version." Just because one scent is on the way out doesn't mean they can't capitalize on it's success. I hope they are releasing this though.
    Last edited by USAFammo9; 12th September 2012 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Wow! There are going to be some excited people on here!
    One of them right here!

I thought GPHII was being discontinued. Strange that Gucci would release an intense version. Great news though.

Hmm... well .. maybe less feeling of trying to get another bottle(s) of GPHII with this info.

I called Gucci, and the lady mentioned about that she/they haven't been told about GPHII being discontinued. And she didn't confirm or deny about upcoming frags.

I've also done e-mails to Gucci and I maybe did NOT get a response to my latest one trying to get a solid answer about GPHII being discontinued.

Going to send another e-mail..
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 12th September 2012 at 09:55 PM.

There is no official word on Gucci PH II being discontinued and it would be wise for Gucci to make this Gucci PH II Intense move to redeem themselves after the lousy pathetic frags they've been putting out lately. Let's just hope this isn't another fail!

Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    There is no official word on Gucci PH II being discontinued and it would be wise for Gucci to make this Gucci PH II Intense move to redeem themselves after the lousy pathetic frags they've been putting out lately. Let's just hope this isn't another fail!
    Livin on a prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Livin on a prayer.
    True. Especially since Gucci has nothing to redeem themselves for, really. Sure, people like us are likely to scoff at junk like Gucci By Gucci, but I bet it sells well. And Guilty easily outsells anything they ever saw from Gucci Pour Homme (2003) or Gucci Pour Homme II. Heck, Guilty probably outsells what Gph and GphII used to sell COMBINED. I don't enjoy it, but it's a hit. Gucci is making a very clear move toward pop culture. Their newer scents don't do anything for me, but from a business standpoint, what they're doing makes perfect sense.

Gucci Pour Homme II was a Tom Ford era scent. You can tell just by looking at the bottle. I'd find it downright shocking if Gucci made a flanker of it. If GphII Intense is released, I'll be the first to admit I was 100% wrong, but, I'd bet on this being Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme Intense (and a misinformed Dillard's rep). The Tom Ford era at Gucci is over.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    True. Especially since Gucci has nothing to redeem themselves for, really. Sure, people like us are likely to scoff at junk like Gucci By Gucci, but I bet it sells well. And Guilty easily outsells anything they ever saw from Gucci Pour Homme (2003) or Gucci Pour Homme II. Heck, Guilty probably outsells what Gph and GphII used to sell COMBINED. I don't enjoy it, but it's a hit. Gucci is making a very clear move toward pop culture. Their newer scents don't do anything for me, but from a business standpoint, what they're doing makes perfect sense.

Gucci Pour Homme II was a Tom Ford era scent. You can tell just by looking at the bottle. I'd find it downright shocking if Gucci made a flanker of it. If GphII Intense is released, I'll be the first to admit I was 100% wrong, but, I'd bet on this being Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme Intense (and a misinformed Dillard's rep). The Tom Ford era at Gucci is over.
    I've always wondered why this fragrance took 4 years to create. I assumed it was because Tom Ford left and projects got put on the back burner.

I don't understand why they can't make a scent like GPH II sell by the bucketload. It's not as if it's some sort of weird, unpleasant smell. I'm pretty sure most men would think it was well worth buying. They clearly don't WANT it to sell though. They'd prefer to market a feeble, non-scent like Gucci by Gucci and hire James Franco to flog it for them. If the juice inside the bottle was the same as GPH II, I'm sure it would sell even better. Nobody in their right mind, fragrance enthusiast or not, would prefer the smell of Gucci by Gucci over Gucci Pour Homme II. I truly believe that.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always wondered why this fragrance took 4 years to create. I assumed it was because Tom Ford left and projects got put on the back burner.
    Yeah, I don't think Tom Ford had anything to do with Gucci Pour Homme II. It's still beautiful though, but it's definitely the last quality fragrance from Gucci. Everything since then has been utterly dire.

Banned
    Blog Entries

gucci 2 isnt discontinued, i see it sold everywhere

Huge fan of GPHII. Bought 2 bottles of it just 2 weeks ago. Only negative IMO is that it is a little weak with longevity. An Intense version would be GREAT! As long as by making it more "intense" they dont mess up the formulation to where it doesn't smell at all like the original.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Just yesterday I bought Gucci Pour Homme II after going through a large sample vial in 3 days. Now maybe thinking I should have waited for an INTENSE as more sillage wouldn't hurt. Then again, Intense/EDP concentrations can occasionally ruin a scent (Voyage d'Hermes Parfum IMO)
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I have GBGPH - The Original. II wears much worse on me, almost acidic. I will have to go try out the new one.

That would be great and GPH II is very good but very subtle.

I hope it will be really launched, but i agree that Guccy by Gucci Pour Homme Intense sounds sounds more likely

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    gucci 2 isnt discontinued, i see it sold everywhere
    According to what I was told by someone at Gucci, it's following the same pattern Gucci Pour Homme followed and will disappear when their stock runs out. If you REALLY look around, you can still find a bottle of Gucci Pour Homme on store shelves (I snagged the last one at a Sephora two weeks ago) but it disappeared from websites, including Gucci's site and Sephora, back in July. So, if GphII follows the same pattern, it'll disappear from Gucci's site first. ...? I don't understand why anyone would hide the fact that they're discontinuing a fragrance. Let it be known and they'd probably sell out faster. So odd!

Interestingly, I bought a backup bottle of GphII at fragrancenet last week for around $60. Today, it's up to $84.

Also interestingly - and confusingly - I saw GphII disappear from Nordstrom months ago, but they had a few bottles last week. Very weird. The SA seemed as surprised as I was when she spotted it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I don't understand why they can't make a scent like GPH II sell by the bucketload.
    OH! MY! GOD! YES! I don't get it either! I honestly think Gucci doesn't know how to market their fragrances. I've gotten more compliments from GphII than from Aventus (though Aventus does quite well too), and the compliments have been more... uhm... more inappropriate With Aventus, I've been told I smell great. And that's awesome. But with GphII, I've had women comment on how delicious I smell. And I think any guy knows, that's BETTER. I'm not saying GphII is better than Aventus. I'm just saying that, at least for me, it's a superb date-night scent. To me, GphII is the perfect combination of classy yet sexy. Most sexy scents hit you in the face with the fact that they're going for sex appeal, which is fine, but it's not what GphII does. GphII is subtle sexy. It's not for a guy going clubbing, hoping to get lucky. There are much better scents for that. GphII is for the guy who has a date, and yeah, he sure wouldn't mind getting lucky, but his real priority is to have a great evening and get a second date. GphII has a gentlemanly vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always wondered why this fragrance took 4 years to create.
    I never believe that stuff. It's just marketing. I suspect the real reason Gucci didn't release a follow up to Gucci Pour Homme between 2003 and 2007 was because Gucci had other priorities at the time (though who knows, really). GphII is a great scent. But 4 years to create it? I don't buy it.

I would have to see a press release to believe this. Photos included.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I wonder what the chances of this being real is...50/50 maybe???

If it's true, sign me up.. but I'm not holding my breath.
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

If GPH II really is being discontinued, CdG Amazingreen makes a pretty good substitute. Tried it today and it's about 75% the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    If GPH II really is being discontinued, CdG Amazingreen makes a pretty good substitute. Tried it today and it's about 75% the same.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26136087.html
    >Dat ratio

This is very interesting to say the least.....Stranger things have happened in this business.....
    Gary

I suspect this is a business move.

Wella had the license for Gucci fragrances for years and then was absorbed by Procter and Gamble. So Gucci fragrances aren't really Gucci, they are Procter and Gamble with a licensed Gucci name on them.

Since Gucci Pour Homme I & II product predate this merger, I am guessing that maybe these lines are being discontinued because they are contracted out to a fragrance manufacturer that isn't P&G's preferred supplier. By discontinuing, and then re-emerging with a reformulated, "new" fragrance (Gucci Pour Homme II Intense) they would be able to essentially void their obligation to the original creator/manufacturer but keep the product brand and all of the capital expended on it from becoming a complete wash.

Typically, this is accomplished with a silent reformulation that changes the fragrance formula enough that they can switch manufacturers, but maybe P&G see an opportunity in addressing some product brand issue with the "Intense" nomenclature. That is the only explanation I can think of for the inexplicable move of discontinuing a core product brand and then emerging with a flanker.

Is this for real ?

Even if it is true, and they release fragrance called Gucci PH II Intense, how many of you believe that it would be actually better and more intense version of Gucci PH II and not reformulated and diluted crap.

Acqua Di Gio Essenza anyone?

No, I would not invest a tiniest amount of hope for this.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I agree, the biggest likelihood is that an "Intense" version would share the name yet be a very different fragrance. But if Gucci/Proctor & Gamble are into reviving scents, I would urge them to re-release Gucci Rush for Men, a wonderful woody incense creation from Tom Ford's time.

The intense version should take away just abut all the negatives for PH2. I just hope that its not being modified too much...

I have grown quite fond of GPH II. This announcement tickles me all the right ways.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I would have to see a press release to believe this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    I agree, the biggest likelihood is that an "Intense" version would share the name yet be a very different fragrance.
    These ^^^^^^^^^.

Bump!!!

What's the latest on this, anyone heard any updates or is this just a rumor???

I have seen no official statements concerning the possible birth of GPHII Intense, but with Feb around the corner I'm gettin pretty anxious as I love GPHII but the spotty longevity worries me, GPHII Intense would be amazing (granted everything stays the same except the strength).

So what say guys?

It's not real and the whole thread was basically made up. The OP got a sample and was told to take a picture of it. The OP posted a stock photo of Gucci Pour Homme II and said it was the photo of the intense version.

It's not real and the whole thread was basically made up. The OP got a sample and was told to take a picture of it. The OP posted a stock photo of Gucci Pour Homme II and said it was the photo of the intense version.
    Yeah I sorta figured. GPHII it is then. Probably go and grab it up today to wear on my date tomorrow!!!

I am disappoint

Not a bad idea, this scent may become a near-must try or at least an interesting offering to me, since it would be interesting to craft a GPH II with better longevity (hoping that "Intense" also achieves better longevity, strength etc.).

True or not, that would be a hec of a frag wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    True or not, that would be a hec of a frag wouldn't it?
    Yes it would. So much so that I could forgive pretty much everything that Gucci has put out after Pour Homme II.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    I agree totally.

This is what's next in the Gucci pipeline: Gucci Guilty Black Pour Homme and Pour Femme, and the press release has been out for months.

If there was an launch of PH Intense in February, we would have heard of it from Gucci HQ by now.

Ooh, any info on the GGBPH? Notes and such. I *just* received my Gucci Guilty Intense one today, and I like it thus far.

I'm disappointed. It'd make me forgive them for the latest concoctions

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Ooh, any info on the GGBPH? Notes and such. I *just* received my Gucci Guilty Intense one today, and I like it thus far.
    Jouho: I haven't found a complete chart, but these seem to be the main notes:

Top: Coriander, Lavender

Middle: Orange flower, Neroli

Base: Patchouli, Cedar, Leather
    Last edited by furrypine; 5th January 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Can't stand to buy it!
    I've quite nostalgic feelings with the Original GPHII, recieving it as a gift from my everlasting love two years ago. So This will be respectable to me anything it is!

Delete this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Delete this thread.
    +1!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam