Either would be good. GG the more affordable option. Recommend the vintage formula.
I'm either going to get a large bottle of Egoiste or Givenchy Gentleman. I love both but can only afford one. I would use it at work and evening events. Thanks, gents!
I'd go with Egoiste although have and like both.
This is a hard one for me. I love Egoiste and see it more as an evening fragrance- romantic, dressed in a suit and tie or tux. GG is more versatile IMO and could be worn at work and then in the evening. Both are very classy.
If I had to choose- in your situation, ie for work then going out- GG IMO. I just find Egoiste too romantic to wear to work.
La vita è breve, la morte vien.
Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both good, but I find Egoiste better in all dimensions: richer, more elegant, warmer.
Both would work, but I think Egoiste is a great work and evening scent.
Current Top Five:
1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
5. Creed Original Vetiver
"Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."
Current Top 5:
5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
2.) Creed Aventus
1.) Xerjoff Ibitira
Thanks again guys!!
Egoiste, it's very versatile imo.
I prefer Egoiste
Either one works for me.
Givenchy Gentleman if you can get the vintage version.... Otherwise it's a toss up, IMO.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
GG for day and Egoiste for evening. Get decants of both, leaving you with $ to try other possibly better stuff.
Egoiste without a doubt IMO
Current Spring Favorites:
1. Creed - Spice & Wood
2. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
3. Dior - Vetiver
4. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
5. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Haitian Vetiver
7. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
8. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
9. Creed - Aventus
10. Parfumerie Generale - Grand Siecle Intense 7.1
1. Dior Homme Original
2. Musc Ravaguer
3. Portrait of a Lady
4. Noir de Noir
5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
6. New Haarlem
7. Pure Coffee
8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
9. Rose 31
10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille
Boucheron Eau fraiche is a very classy scent if you can find it....but if I had to choose between the two you listed. Egoist
My next bottle is going to be Egoiste but I went with Gentleman. I've been wearing it all week and have received compliments. It smells GOOD! Even with the younger crowd they seem to like it. One of the better balanced "older" scents that doesn't necessarily smell old, it justs smells great! Plus, I'm a big fan of patchouli.
Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885
Wanted: YSL Nu EdP
It's good to have an Egoiste bottle in the collection.
I'd recommend Pure Shot layered with Egoiste