Code of Conduct

Thread: Levi's

Default Levi's

So I usually wear expensive designer jeans but Levi.com had a sale, so i deided to order a pair. I haven't owned a pair of Levi's since grade shool so I went to the store to try a few pairs on, and I loved the 527's. I bought a pair in 36/34 and they fit perfect. However, tried on a pair of 514's in the same size and couldn't get them over my crotch. What gives? I know the 517's are similar but I prefer low rise. Btw... The 514's in 38/34 fit weird so its a no go. Does anyone have any suggestions for a similar style?
    Last edited by Erok32; 13th September 2012 at 04:49 AM.

Default Re: Levi's

I love 501 customized to have cigarette legs!

the Levi brand is too short waisted for me!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Levi's are classics. They may not be as fashionable (by current trends) as jeans that are thinner and tighter, but there are different types of Levi's.

Dependent

wish i was rich all i can afford are levis
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

I'd recommend 501, I've owned a few pairs in the past and was always satisfied with the classic, unassuming, clean-cut look, not to mention the quality and durability of the fabric.

501s were all I used to wear when I was young.

569's are my favorite.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    So I usually wear expensive designer jeans but Levi.com had a sale, so i deided to order a pair. I haven't owned a pair of Levi's since grade shool so I went to the store to try a few pairs on, and I loved the 527's. I bought a pair in 36/34 and they fit perfect. However, tried on a pair of 514's in the same size and couldn't get them over my crotch. What gives? I know the 517's are similar but I prefer low rise. Btw... The 514's in 38/34 fit weird so its a no go. Does anyone have any suggestions for a similar style?
    Unfortunately Levis tend to hava a lot of sizing issues. You just have to try them on and play with the sizing. 514 are a good fit and 513 are good for a dressier look. The past year or so they have put out more fashion forward/trendy washes and yes they go on sale. I wear them along with designer jeans and "niche" denim. Woman seem to like them if that means anything.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I also on special occasions wear 517s for a night of C&W dancing.

Levi's 501s are all I will wear. Shrink to fit, not the pre washed ones. They last forever and are classic. Recently I got a pair of Levi's LVC 1947s. Slightly more fitted in the legs and made like they used to be with selvage denim. Love them but there is a higher price.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Levi's 501s are all I will wear. Shrink to fit, not the pre washed ones. They last forever
    True. I have an old 501 which I only wear around the house, doing housework, etc...it lasts and last. The 516? 512? (sorry, don't remember right now) all tore in the crotch, every single one of them!, and never lasted that long even though they went through much less wear and tear. Bit crappy really.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

I forget the number of their bootleg jeans, but levi's changed their cut on them last I tried a pair on. I no longer like them.

559 relaxed fit have the best look IMO.

Buy guess jeans when they are on sale.

I'll pass on the Guess jeans. I'm not a fan of having stitched designs on the back of my pants, nor studded sequins. I only rely on Levis, Penguin, Banana Republic and J. Crew for quality made jeans. Guess doesn't happen to be on my list, nor Armani Exchange. Which both seem to share similar qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimp View Post
    Buy guess jeans when they are on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I'll pass on the Guess jeans. I'm not a fan of having stitched designs on the back of my pants, nor studded sequins. I only rely on Levis, Penguin, Banana Republic and J. Crew for quality made jeans. Guess doesn't happen to be on my list, nor Armani Exchange. Which both seem to share similar qualities.
    guess jeans have a g on the back which is subtle. quite an exageration on your paart. lol

Not really, last time I was in there I thought I was at an Ed Hardy outlet. That was about a year ago though, their more classic dark wash blue jeans are nice. I just don't enjoy all the embroidery. I just checkout out their site, which seems like they have reverted for the most part to a more classic look. With an exception of these...gewwww lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimp View Post
    guess jeans have a g on the back which is subtle. quite an exageration on your paart. lol