Code of Conduct

Default VERSACE JEANS LINE . ( Black Jeans , Green Jeans ) Questions ..HELP

Hi BN , by accident i found a little store in my town that sells authentic colognes , that store is of the few ones which import versace products even the biggest store in all my country only have versace pour homme and versace eau fraiche ( the only 2 men's fragrances that versace officially put in their site ).
    so in this little store i found VERSACE BlACK JEANS (discontinued) and VERSACE GREEN JEANS (i dont know if its discontinued but no way to find it online too) CHEAP! . i am fan of VERSACE and i need to add some of the jeans line to my collection.
    Tell me please about these too fragrances especially in terms of "Longevity/Sillage/Projection"

Default Re: VERSACE JEANS LINE . ( Black Jeans , Green Jeans ) Questions ..HELP

Black Jeans is similar to Rive Gauche. It stays true to it's name. Aromatic Ink if that makes any sense. Really nice fragrance. Projection and longevity is average.

Green Jeans I didn't care for. Pino Silvestre does the same thing better and it's much cheaper.

In my humble opinion from this line, i think Blue Jeans is the most noteworthy, others are just so-so; but believe me Blue Jeans itself is really, an acquired taste.

Black Jeans has decent longevity and projection, nothing outstanding, but a good quality low-key scent over the day.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Black Jeans has decent longevity and projection, nothing outstanding, but a good quality low-key scent over the day.
    My thoughts as well.

Blue Jeans smells the most "modern" of the three mentioned above. Green Jeans is a nice piney frag, but sweeter than Pino and not a very close substitute. IMO, they each have distinct chracter and should all be acquired, if possible.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

i found Green Jeans , Black Jeans and Red Jeans ( perfume for women ) i would be happy if i found Blue Jeans

to be honesnt Black Jeans is probably the best of the line. Blue jeans isn't bad but there are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    to be honesnt Black Jeans is probably the best of the line. Blue jeans isn't bad but there are better.
    Black jeans longevity & projection ??

Black Jeans reminds me of Drakkar Noir. Longevity is pretty good, and projection is also on the strong side, but easy to control with light application. By the way, I recently found Yellow Jeans in a junk shop. It is for women, but I have no problem wearing it--it is a firm creamy (non-projectile) base with chamomile and green florals.

any one else know about Black/Green JEANS.?

Quote Originally Posted by newfraglove View Post
    any one else know about Black/Green JEANS.?
    What other questions did you have?

Nothing smells like Black Jeans - it's a woody spicy scent that does sharp things to one's nose. Longevity could be better, as it doesn't last as long with strength as most other scents do on me. I think it is great - unfortunately it makes my wife sneeze whenever I wear it.

Green Jeans I didn't like every time I tested it on my wrist, till I found it cheaply and bought it. It was very much better in the wearing than what I'd expected. It is a very long lasting citrus pine scent, which I like very much better than Pino Silvestre.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Nothing smells like Black Jeans - it's a woody spicy scent that does sharp things to one's nose. Longevity could be better, as it doesn't last as long with strength as most other scents do on me. I think it is great - unfortunately it makes my wife sneeze whenever I wear it.

Green Jeans I didn't like every time I tested it on my wrist, till I found it cheaply and bought it. It was very much better in the wearing than what I'd expected. It is a very long lasting citrus pine scent, which I like very much better than Pino Silvestre.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Remind me to never swap with you.

I kept trying Black Jeans but the opening was revolting every time, and never noticed much of a base beyond that. Green Jeans seems to be very polarizing. The opening is a bit strange but I really enjoy the drydown, and it lasts a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by newfraglove View Post
    Black jeans longevity & projection ??
    7-8hrs which isn't that bad. Projection is pretty good also.

personally I didn't care for Green at all. Blue was my go to for many years actually. You can get the 75ml's for about $20 online OP, so don't overpay for it. Black had a strong peppery/spice opening IIRC so that threw me off but I may have to revisit it if it's anything like Rive Gauche...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    personally I didn't care for Green at all. Blue was my go to for many years actually. You can get the 75ml's for about $20 online OP, so don't overpay for it. Black had a strong peppery/spice opening IIRC so that threw me off but I may have to revisit it if it's anything like Rive Gauche...
    I get the same barber shop type vibe from Black Jeans. It does tingle your nose a bit in the opening.

Have both but have not worn them in a while. I remember liking Black Jeans and finding Green Jeans ok/good but wasn't too impressed. Never have tried Blue Jeans or Baby Blue Jeans.

Black is worth getting if you like the barbershop vibe of YSL Rive Gauche.
    Also, to me it FEELS Black.
    Lost one bottle and I just had to have one again; got lucky at an independent (non-department store) frag place. One of my faves.

Banned

Black Jeans by Versace, an all-season scent, is basically a skin scent with little projection. However, its longevity is good, lasting about 8 hours.

Thanks everyone , i think i ll buy the two! and i hope not being disappointed