Code of Conduct

Default Have $50 gift certificate for Lucky Scent - What would you apply it towards ?

Hey guys,

Got a last minute Christmas present from my sis in texas....Trying to decide what I would apply it towards at the retailer Lucky Scent....

This is what I currently have:

Molecule 01
    Escentric 02
    Gengis Khan
    Divine L'homme Sage
    Floris Santal
    Fougere Royale
    Ulrich Lang Anvers
    Sartorial (so no Invasion Barbare, please)
    Lubin Itasca
    Chez Bond
    Eau des Baux
    Brecourt Esprit Mondain
    Murdock's Black Tea
    Sel Marin
    Bentley Intense
    Puredistance M
    Fragonard Confidential
    Creed OV
    Creed MI
    Creed Aventus
    LIDG
    Sycomore
    Malle's VE
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge

Gives you a little idea what I kinda like...No Creeds please, Montale's, Rose scents or Amber....Not a big fan of these anymore....

Looking for a great smelling, daily wear scent that will harbor the compliments as well as satifsy the "nicheness" in me...

Thanks again guys for all of the help !

Default Re: Have $50 gift certificate for Lucky Scent - What would you apply it towards ?

Cuir Mandarine by David Jourquin and Eight & Bob would be two possibilities.

(2349)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Have $50 gift certificate for Lucky Scent - What would you apply it towards ?

Parfum d Empire Fougere Bengale

Thanks guys....Hednic...Im curious about the Cuir Mandarine....Is it great smelling, compliment getting and a great scent to wear daily IYO?

Got a sample of Idole Eau De Parfum from Luckyscent two weeks ago. Very nice sandlewood with a boozy background and leather base. You can also request three sample with your order.

How about Azzaro Chrome?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nzrsaa View Post
    How about Azzaro Chrome?
    Lucky Scents deals with Niche.
    Check em out

I would say CDG..
    Incense is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Got a sample of Idole Eau De Parfum from Luckyscent two weeks ago. Very nice sandlewood with a boozy background and leather base. You can also request three sample with your order.
    Sounds good as I love Lubin or the HOUSE of Lubin...Most of their stuff is fantastic...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Check em out

I would say CDG..
    Incense is a good thing
    Which one tony ? 2 Man?

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Thanks guys....Hednic...Im curious about the Cuir Mandarine....Is it great smelling, compliment getting and a great scent to wear daily IYO?
    IMO Yes.

(2350)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Which one tony ? 2 Man?
    Are you getting a bunch of samples or a FB blind buy?
    CDG Black 2013 is my favorite

Are you getting a bunch of samples or a FB blind buy?
    CDG Black 2013 is my favorite
    i know i will get a lot of flack but probably a blind-buy.....i like the element of surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post

I think that will make him regret his Bentley for Men Intense purchase.

I would give De Bachmakov a grab. My sample is out, and I will be picking up a bottle of this one very soon.

Also, I would suggest - if you havent't tried it already: Diptyque Tam Dao

Both very versatile and safe.

Check em out
    Yep I guess it is a bit popular. I'm thinking Maybe Bamboo for men by Frank Olivier then

The Penhaligon's are nice. And you'd only be $40 out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    The Penhaligon's are nice. And you'd only be $40 out of pocket.
    Which ones Chuck ?

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I think that will make him regret his Bentley for Men Intense purchase.

I would give De Bachmakov a grab. My sample is out, and I will be picking up a bottle of this one very soon.

Also, I would suggest - if you havent't tried it already: Diptyque Tam Dao

Both very versatile and safe.
    Oh NO! I LOVE my Bentley Intense...lol...Dont tell me that....

Oh NO! I LOVE my Bentley Intense...lol...Dont tell me that....
    Most people seem to love Bentley Intense. I blind bought it too a short time ago - and while only giving it one wearing, I found it to be a lesser version of Lubin Idole. I would certainly recommend you get a sample of Idole (I prefer the EDP, but most people seem to like the EDT) so you can compare and decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Most people seem to love Bentley Intense. I blind bought it too a short time ago - and while only giving it one wearing, I found it to be a lesser version of Lubin Idole. I would certainly recommend you get a sample of Idole (I prefer the EDP, but most people seem to like the EDT) so you can compare and decide for yourself.
    well I ONLY dropped 70 bucks on it and it is very hard to get unless you buy it off of ebay...Im afraid that I might like the Lubin Idole so I better not...lol

I would put it towards Liquid Night by A Lab on Fire (if you're really looking for a safe blind buy that's easy to wear) or Eau Duelle.

Other interesting choices are Ex Idolo's Thirty Three and Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterranea by Profumi del Forte. However, these do not seem like safe blind buys or something you could wear to work every day.
    "Mama used to bathe me in Youth Dew bath oil."

Basenotes Plus

Perhaps not helpful as it is a critique and not a suggestion, but I would NOT by Chez Bond. It was my SOTD yesterday, and I just hated it. I would say the comparisons with Cool Water and GIT are accurate; a similar constellation of notes. Green, sour and just horrid. The good news (debatable if you hate the scent), about this and all the Bonds I have sampled, is that the longevity is outstanding. They all seem to stick around like the overcast skies here in the great Pacific Northwest.

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Perhaps not helpful as it is a critique and not a suggestion, but I would NOT by Chez Bond. It was my SOTD yesterday, and I just hated it. I would say the comparisons with Cool Water and GIT are accurate; a similar constellation of notes. Green, sour and just horrid. The good news (debatable if you hate the scent), about this and all the Bonds I have sampled, is that the longevity is outstanding. They all seem to stick around like the overcast skies here in the great Pacific Northwest.
    Thanks for the critique....yea, not a Bond no. 9 fan at all....it was a gift and surprisingly enough, my wife loves it on me.....but she also loves cool water too
    Last edited by FSU92grad; 30th December 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I'm glad you started this thread FSU because I got a 50 dollar gift certificate to LuckyScent also and was trying to figure out what to put it towards!

If I had such a certificate - Lubin Itasca, nothing else in my scent library smells like it.

3 everyday fragrances that garner plenty of compliments..

Penhaligons Endymion
    Diptyque Volutes
    Serge Lutens 5 O'clock au Gingambre

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=insomniac;3029634]If I had such a certificate - Lubin Itasca, nothing else in my scent library smells like it.[/QUOTE

I was actually considering this one. How is the longevity and projection?

CdG Sugi, Bruno Acampora Nero, Naomi Goodsir Cuir Velours or Andrea Maack Coal

Penhaligon's Endymion and Sartorial are both nice. Endymion is sweet and warm, Sartorial is dry and business-like. Quercus is also a good one, but a bit CK One like. I was very tempted to order the Sartorial Gift Set before Christmas.

-------------
    Last edited by Oproust; 30th December 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Frank No. 2 - Frank Los Angeles. A great boozy fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oproust View Post
    Frank No. 2 - Frank Los Angeles. A great boozy fragrance.
    I agree. Nice warm scent for this time of year, and manly as heck. Kind of old school. Great suggestion.

Naomi Goodsir Cuir Velours

Blog Entries

Parfumerie Generale is $100/50 ml - Aomassai, Querelle are both great, there are lots to try in this line

Comme de Garçon is $80/ 50ml- Kyoto is my favorite, Avignon is a bit more metallic

Diptyque is affordable, too- try Tam Dao, classic woods

my favorites at LS are the Profumum and the Mazzolari, more expensive though
    Last edited by kumquat; 30th December 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    If I had such a certificate - Lubin Itasca, nothing else in my scent library smells like it.
    I have it already...check my list...and YES I LOVE IT !

Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    I'm glad you started this thread FSU because I got a 50 dollar gift certificate to LuckyScent also and was trying to figure out what to put it towards!
    Cool welcome ! LOL....Let's see if we can find us a golden nugget in here...

Penhaligon's Endymion and Sartorial are both nice. Endymion is sweet and warm, Sartorial is dry and business-like. Quercus is also a good one, but a bit CK One like. I was very tempted to order the Sartorial Gift Set before Christmas.
    Hey Chuck...Already have Sarorial....and again, I love it...Its got this Invasion barbare vibe but brighter and longer lasting to me....

Frank no.2 Los Angeles, I also have...I failed to mention that on my list....

I do NOT have Endymion though...What is that one like?

Remember Im kinda looking for a niche fragrance that smells great (not necessarily to you but to others), something I can wear as a daily scent that will not be offenisve to others but unique enough to be called "niche"

How about something by Etat Libre d'Orange? They do solid scents, yet with a quirky logo. Tom of Finland is a smooth saffrony suede, while Je suis un homme is a classic masculine woody-citrus-incense.

cacio

Some of the suggestions are fantastic here BUT can only be worn in the fall or winter or special occasions like in the evening.....I love those too but I have plenty...Again, looking more universal and wearable throughout the day....

Thanks guys !

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    How about something by Etat Libre d'Orange? They do solid scents, yet with a quirky logo. Tom of Finland is a smooth saffrony suede, while Je suis un homme is a classic masculine woody-citrus-incense.

cacio
    Could these be worn as daily scents ? Safe for office ? Complimentary IYO?

Thanks for the insight Cacio ! As always !

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    3 everyday fragrances that garner plenty of compliments..

Penhaligons Endymion
    Diptyque Volutes
    Serge Lutens 5 O'clock au Gingambre
    Thanks Hippo...always count on you too for good suggestions...

[QUOTE=KBF1972;3029661]
    Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    If I had such a certificate - Lubin Itasca, nothing else in my scent library smells like it.[/QUOTE

I was actually considering this one. How is the longevity and projection?
    Fantastic ! I get 10 hrs or more so go light on the sprays....AMAZING SCENT ! Top 5 for me...

Hey Chuck...Already have Sarorial....and again, I love it...Its got this Invasion barbare vibe but brighter and longer lasting to me....

Frank no.2 Los Angeles, I also have...I failed to mention that on my list....

I do NOT have Endymion though...What is that one like?
    Endymion is a better version of Estée Lauder Intuition. Sweet, warm and a little spicy, but a little light and airy as well. My wife loved it on me.

It's not what I call an everyday scent, but you should at least get a sample from Luckyscent of Frapin Caravelle Epicee. It's great in the colder months.

Endymion is a great choice. I would go for Naomi Goodsir's Boid d'Ascese or Maestrale, which is really amazing. They also have the whole minke range, if you haven't tried them......

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    It's not what I call an everyday scent, but you should at least get a sample from Luckyscent of Frapin Caravelle Epicee. It's great in the colder months.
    I agree. Great in summer, too.

Endymion is a better version of Estée Lauder Intuition. Sweet, warm and a little spicy, but a little light and airy as well. My wife loved it on me.
    You don't have it anymore?

Cuir Ottoman or Wazamba from PDE are great choices...IMHO and even Ambre Russe can't go wrong with these....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Cuir Ottoman or Wazamba from PDE are great choices...IMHO and even Ambre Russe can't go wrong with these....
    I've thought about Cuir Ottoman for sometime now....I need to pull the trigger on this one....Great scent!

Nasomatto Silver Musk

compliment getting
    FSU92grad - you are welcome & now my input.

The greatest compliment getter is when you bring out the generosity (hidden inside u) & part with a gift a loved one gave you. To help you achieve it, I'll, much against my own wishes, accept your $50 gift certificate & you will get so many compliments that you might want to repeat it.

OK I tried...

Now to parfums - as it's only from LS, I'd go for Costume National Homme - will cost u just 30 more than the gift certificate (unless you take the wiser choice & the higher compliment getter mentioned above)...

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...nal/Homme.html

Tam Dao is a fantastic cedarwood/sandalwood fragrance that is worth every penny IMO. Liquid Night is a great warm weather evening scent that I will almost certainly be picking up soon.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Apple Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

You don't have it anymore?

Nope. My collection has a revolving door!