Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Serge Lutens 2013 - "Laine de Verre", "La Vierge de Fer" and "La Fille de Berlin" (???)

Is only an hypothesis. But SHISEIDO has just been registered three (!) names under the heading "Soaps, Perfumeries... etc". Very Lutensienne names... but I could be wrong.

"LAINE DE VERRE", "LA VIERGE DE FER" and "LA FILLE DE BERLIN"
    Last edited by Filomele; 14th September 2012 at 08:04 AM.

Default Re: Serge Lutens 2013 (?)

Would you really name a perfume 'laine de verre' ? It means fibreglass insulation.

Interesting. The name vierge de fer was already floated some time ago as a potential exclusive, though later it turned out to be voix noire. The name is certainly evocative, though not necessarily smell-wise: metal and blood? Killer lily of the valley?

Laine de verre is somewhat less evocative, and suggests something synthetic. Hope it's not a nuit de cellophane remake.

cacio

Basenotes Member

There is another name: "La Fille de Berlin" under "Soap, Perfumeries... etc".

Maybe they've noticed perfumistas are tracking their copyright applications and preempting their releases, and just decided to start messing with us.

Fiberglass seems more viable, but German Girl? Really? Let's hope she goes the way Phillipino Houseboy did...

Yes the 3 for 2013 are going to be ,
    Laine de verre (!!! that's one of his weirdest name)
    La vierge de fer
    La fille de Berlin

Dependent

im curious now
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by sugandaraja View Post
    but german girl? Really? Let's hope she goes the way phillipino houseboy did...
    lol!!

Banned

Default Re: Serge Lutens 2013 - "Laine de Verre", "La Vierge de Fer" and "La Fille de Berlin" (???)

Now, I'm eager to see what sort of spin the House will put on the names.

Default Re: Serge Lutens 2013 - "Laine de Verre", "La Vierge de Fer" and "La Fille de Berlin" (???)

Good grief. Whatever next ? Amiante ?

Whool made of glass ... we can turn that into a poetic expression

German girl..... Mmmmm interesting

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Maybe they've noticed perfumistas are tracking their copyright applications and preempting their releases, and just decided to start messing with us.

Fiberglass seems more viable, but German Girl? Really? Let's hope she goes the way Phillipino Houseboy did...
    +1! in complete agreement. if true, i'd be very interested in 'vierge de fier'! either way, a cool name/description.

updated:

sorry, i just realized is 'fer' and not 'fier'.. disappointed...lol

I'm pretty sure those names are reals, and they aren't surprising when you know Lutens.
    If there were like "Chergui sport" maybe i would considere that as a joke

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure those names are reals, and they aren't surprising when you know Lutens.
    If there were like "Chergui sport" maybe i would considere that as a joke

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Would you really name a perfume 'laine de verre' ? It means fibreglass insulation.
    If he can release a perfume called Nuit de Cellophane (Night of Cellophane) I don't see how anything can be off-limits with this house.

I want to say, "hopefully", a little bit of originality and humour (by playing french words)... Name a frangrance ""Ambre something" or "Tubéreuse this" it was new in the 90 but now... and the orientals names it become boring too (ex: rose nacrée du desert...)

The next name will be revealed on 6 december, we can bet on wich one...

Am I the only one who thinks Marlene Dietrich when she hears the name ''La Fille de Berlin''?
    I am, of course, eager to try it.

Thought the same thing, GelbeDomino.

According to duftarchiv.de, La Fille de Berlin will launch in March, and it's a rose & pepper fragrance. Article here, in German.

Wow, thank you for the information. This is a must try for me since I love rose. Sa Majeste la Rose while beautiful drydown to a overly animalic base which I cannot tolerant. Hope this one will be better

Thanks for the info, Furrypine. The 'dark red' description has me thinking more along the lines of rose de nuit than sa majesté la rose. Looking forward to sniffing it next year.

"Peppery rose" seems a touch overpopulated as a genre. Crossing my fingers and straining for optimism.

Trying to be optimistic too! Thankfully Serge has a nack for turning something that sounds plain jane into something remarkable... and visa versa
    Still - I pretty much creamed my pants over the colour of the juice.

That ruby colored juice makes it extra tempting for me.

I've still been searching for the perfect rich and spicy rose to add to my collection, so I'm certainly looking forward to trying this one. I find sampling Serge scents very satisfying, even if not all fully click with me.

Oh no, i have read this thread !
    Next time i'll try to discover the new Lutens release without knowing any note information or press text...
    Just for trying to interpretate by myself what is the theme/story and compare after with officials infos. Biasis speculation is sometime source of useless disapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    According to duftarchiv.de, La Fille de Berlin will launch in March, and it's a rose & pepper fragrance. Article here, in German.

Ooooooh! I love the name and the colour of the juice!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    Yes the 3 for 2013 are going to be ,
    Laine de verre (!!! that's one of his weirdest name)
    La vierge de fer
    La fille de Berlin
    Laine de Verre has been confirmed as the next Serge Lutens release, as one of the Eaux.

See Grain de musc's review: http://graindemusc.blogspot.sg/2013/...new-fizzy.html

Thank's for posting, Maque.

I couldn't find a thread (perhaps still in the limbo?), so I'll add here.

i briefly smelled la vierge de fer at Barney's this weekend. the sa may have dabbed just a small quantity, but it was underwhelming. A nice but nondescript clean floral (and not a lily, more like a mixed white floral), then gone in 10 minutes. Where's the "fer"? But I must try again in proper quantity.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post

i briefly smelled la vierge de fer at Barney's this weekend. the sa may have dabbed just a small quantity, but it was underwhelming. A nice but nondescript clean floral (and not a lily, more like a mixed white floral), then gone in 10 minutes. Where's the "fer"? But I must try again in proper quantity.

cacio
    I agree with your observations.

When my friends and I smelled this, the general consensus was that this is a rather commercial composition for Serge Lutens. We got a lot of fruit (peachy aldehydes), then a soapy abstract floral. I cannot find the metallic notes, nor the incense. Not a bad effort, but fairly uninteresting and thus disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post

cacio
    I came to exactly the same conclusion: no lily, no iron .. no interest, unfortunately. Just a generic white floral background.

Same here (from wax sample)... dull, mainstream, non-descript. The German girl was a let-down, too - mostly synthetic, shower gel aroma and yaaaawn boring again.

I agree also on the Berlin girl. Patently a range filler, complete with required pink juice. But La vierge is an exclusive, so one would have expected more. perhaps we're all anosmic to some towering musk.

cacio