Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vera Wang For Men & D&G The One; very similar?

Hi,

I love D&G The One and I'm currently on my second 100ml bottle.

I've heard good things about Vera Wang for Men but have not got a chance to sample. I was walking through a department store today and was surprised to a see it on display so eagerly sprayed my hand a few times. Now I've been smelling my hand all day and to me it seems almost identical to The One however it is a bit lighter and perhaps not as complex.

I think I may opt for Vera Wang next once I've gone through The One. I can't justify it as an addition to the collection as it just seems to similar while I still have The One.

I'm intrigued to hear the views of more experienced users? Is it just me or does anyone else think the same?

Default Re: Vera Wang For Men & D&G The One; very similar?

I own a 1.7 of both. Vera Wang is more rugged and dense, if that makes sense.
    They don't smell the same to me.
    I do like both though!

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't see a similarity between the 2. The one is closer to Frapan 1270, but Frapan being superior.

Vera Wang is classier and a better scent overall, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like them both and I do think there is a certain weak oriental accord that is very similar - I'll bet that aspect is prominent for both you and I. The main difference for me is the amount of soapy, clean, laundry musk in Vera Wang for Men. For me, that becomes really prominent as it dries down, and I'm just not a fan of it. That's why I own The One, but I've only thought about buying the Vera Wang.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had The One. A good scent but not worth purchasing as you spray it on and a minute later, it's gone. Vera Wang has a similar vibe but not the same scent. Actually, I prefer the VW and it lasts longer and gives me better projection. I'd recommend VW.

Post Thanks / Like

I find Vera Wang to be more dense and mature scent than The One. But its too soapy. They may have certain similarities but you can not put them both in the same league.

Vera Wang lasts too short 4me to even take notice of its similarity; if there is an apotheosis of evanescence, this is it.
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?