Code of Conduct

Question Is It Just Me Or Does Bleu De Chanel....

Is it just me or does Bleu De Chanel garner a crazy amount of compliments from the opposite sex? Just bought it yesterday and when I sniffed it out a few months ago it didn't really impress me too much but now its really growing on me. Good safe reliable scent from Chanel. What are your guys thoughts on the this fragrance.

Default Re: Is It Just Me Or Does Bleu De Chanel....

Non-stop "you smell so gooood" comments from the ladies.

To me it's what Polo Blue could only hope to be.

BdC's top notes snaps necks as you walk by! To bad they don't last long enough on my skin.
    Last edited by peake1; 14th September 2012 at 04:55 PM.

I'm really loving this stuff right now 2 hour since app and still going strong

Sampled BDC several times and wasn't impressed or thought it smelled great. I can see why some popular fragrances are so popular but I don't see why this one is. I guess I will have to try again.

Yep, I've had numerous compliments from women when I wear this, whereas many other fragrances barely register with them.

It definitely has *something*.

Thanks for the reminder. Time to get another bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Yep, I've had numerous compliments from women when I wear this, whereas many other fragrances barely register with them.

It definitely has *something*.
    Absolutely agreed, this is probably my highest compliment garner in the collection, fighting with Aventus.

I also enjoy it allot!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Hmm, I think there's a lot of Chanel reps planted here on BN sent to hype up Bleu sales?? (j/k)

I just tested this one, interesting....
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Dependent

The sillage has a nice ginger-cardamom "vibration" to it -- it's dynamic in a way.

I prefer Declaration Bois Bleu though. The sweetness of BdC gets to me.

For me doesn't get any more or less than any other scent I wear.

I bought a fake and THAT smelled good as well...

For some reason this scent just does not agree with my skin chemistry. It goes really sour on me.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Sampled BDC several times and wasn't impressed or thought it smelled great. I can see why some popular fragrances are so popular but I don't see why this one is. I guess I will have to try again.
    My thoughts exactly. Most over-hyped bland stuff ever.

I tried it, and was impressed. Couldn't justify purchasing it at it's price tag, at the time. I'll have to run down to macy's to see what the deal is now.

I wanted to like this fragrance but after a few wearings I find it bland and cannot detect it myself. I really do not see the appeal in this fragrance at all. I think it's the fact that it just soaks into my pores and leaves no trail!
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my Scent Of The Day. No Compliments whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Smells good but like others say it is bland. Plenty of other designers I prefer and know are compliment getters

Yes...most females that I know love Bleu. It's one of my wife's favorites that I've tried.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

I haven't sampled it yet but I am looking to pick one up in the future just to see what all the hype, both good and bad are about.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Same here.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

I like it, but not smelled like putting my nose to my skin - but from some distance, as sillage. It's one of the rare "modern" frags i can wear. I wouldn't be surprised if it will be a classic.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

I think it is superb, I really didn't think it was too special when I first tested it out, but after a few wears I realized the genius of it. Really pleasant, great compliment getter and long lasting and refreshing.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is superb, I really didn't think it was too special when I first tested it out, but after a few wears I realized the genius of it. Really pleasant, great compliment getter and long lasting and refreshing.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    I like it, but not smelled like putting my nose to my skin - but from some distance, as sillage. It's one of the rare "modern" frags i can wear. I wouldn't be surprised if it will be a classic.
    To me BdC is the new generation CPE but as Platinum doesn't get much love/respect here on BN's it is no surprise that neither does Bleu. These designers are just too good (much like YSL LaNuitt) and we wouldn't want to steal too much thunder from the might Niche houses now would we?
    peake1
    Last edited by peake1; 30th October 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Non-stop "you smell so gooood" comments from the ladies.

To me it's what Polo Blue could only hope to be.
    It's funny that you mention that fragrance. My girlfriend loves it when I wear Polo Blue. Much more so than when I wear stuff like TV, Sycomore, BdP, AdP, Aventus, DHI, LIDGE.. Sigh...

I've tried Blue and knew she would like it, but to me its just like Polo Blue: generic, bland, sporty and sour.. Didnt tell her offcouse.. I only wear Polo now sometimes for her, don't need Blue in my collection.

Whats it with woman and these types of fragrances..

Quote Originally Posted by Adrem View Post
    It's funny that you mention that fragrance. My girlfriend loves it when I wear Polo Blue. Much more so than when I wear stuff like TV, Sycomore, BdP, AdP, Aventus, DHI, LIDGE.. Sigh...

I've tried Blue and knew she would like it, but to me its just like Polo Blue: generic, bland, sporty and sour.. Didnt tell her offcouse.. I only wear Polo now sometimes for her, don't need Blue in my collection.

Whats it with woman and these types of fragrances..
    I don't know dude. These types of fragrances remind me of fruit salad in a glass bottle.

I once received Polo Blue as a Christmas gift from my brother and wore it for a whole year. I only received a few compliments with it. BdC gets me a little more attention from women, especially the non-verbal kind. Lots of smiles and stares with BdC for me. If they are in range, I can tell if they like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Most over-hyped bland stuff ever.
    Bleu over-hyped? Maybe I don't really know the meaning of the expression...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    What are your guys thoughts on the this fragrance.
    It's ok. Nothing to write home about.

BdC is the only one from my lot my wife compliments me on. The other one is, wait... Bogart PH. Unreal!

It does garner a lot of compliments from the opposite sex but I regularly waffle on this scent. Sometimes I wear it and love it, other times it starts to bother me after about an hour. One I do have to commit to wearing well ahead of time just for my own sake.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I just tested this one, interesting....

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I think Blue is a very interesting scent. It gets a lot of criticism here but it really is a wonderful fragrance which garners many compliments. It can make an excellent signature fragrance.

the juice has amazing properties..in the same line Midnight In Paris by VC&A....

It smells like sweet and sour candy. Not sweet in a good way. It started off actually quite pleasant but, it gets annoying and cloying very quickly. The linear sweet/sour fruitiness is just a bit too much.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Blog Entries

My wife really likes it but she's the only person who ever said anything - I never get any compliments or positive reaction otherwise. Still, it's a very safe scent for me - and I like it for that reason. Easy to wear anywhere.

When I wore it, Bleu got more than an average number of compliments. But I stopped wearing it after the second woman told me an ex-boyfriend wore it and it brought back bad memories. It's that popular in my neck of the woods.

And I grew to vaguely dislike its synthetic notes. Don't hate it, just don't much care for it any more.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    the juice has amazing properties......
    Brainwashing seems to be one of them

I don't see the appeal of this fragrance. It's rather generic, boring and bland imo. It has something in it, that sorta nags me as well.

Default girl just recommended this to me

I sprayed on some La Buoy De La Homme while at a girls house the other day and she recommended Bleu. will have to check this out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    You seem to disagree with those who hate it, to the extreme...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    You seem to disagree with those who hate it, to the extreme...
    Lost in translation, I think. I agree with them. I used 'brainwashing' as an extension of the extreme form of hype around this rather ordinary fragrance.

I received it as a gift. It does garner a lot of positive attention. I also don't fully understand why.
    To my nose, it's a boring scent cliche, executed really well.
    Not bad at all, but also not new or challenging to the nose of a fragrance enthusiast.

I actually do wear it once in a while. When I don't want to smell edgy or unusual.

Approaching it on its own terms, my only criticism is that the composition borders on 'too dense to feel fresh'

Another property seems to be the ability to irritate elitist fragrance snobs who can't accept that other people happen to like "safe, mainstream" fragrances.

Make of that what you will.

- - - Updated - - -

Lost in translation, I think. I agree with them. I used 'brainwashing' as an extension of the extreme form of hype around this rather ordinary fragrance.
    So anyone who likes Bleu is "brainwashed"?

Get over yourself.

Say no to mass market over popular scents. Needless to say won't bother to order this one now.

For the record I don't own 1 Million either.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    When I wore it, Bleu got more than an average number of compliments. But I stopped wearing it after the second woman told me an ex-boyfriend wore it and it brought back bad memories. It's that popular in my neck of the woods.
    It's going to be that popular everywhere in the U.S., I suspect. Chanel is advertising the heck out of it on TV. They wouldn't be putting that kind of muscle into an ad campaign if they didn't think they had a monster of a hit on their hands.

Personally, I can't stand the stuff... but that's no reflection on Bleu. I just don't like ginger.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Definitely picking this up this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Another property seems to be the ability to irritate elitist fragrance snobs who can't accept that other people happen to like "safe, mainstream" fragrances.

Make of that what you will.

- - - Updated - - -

So anyone who likes Bleu is "brainwashed"?

Get over yourself.
    I don't make very much of it. Maybe you should go out and buy yourself a sense of humour.

Smells great. Is it generic? Yes, if the quality and refinements that Chanel brings to Bleu aren't enough for you. It's not niche. But then Chanel specializes in creating highly polished exemplars of familiar genres. Bleu is no exception.

As I know there's no hype, I was just joking... never mind.

I don't make very much of it. Maybe you should go out and buy yourself a sense of humour.
    And maybe you could drop the snotty, condescending attitude towards other people who happen to like fragrances that you don't.

I tried but alas, I don't enjoy wearing it. I never took to it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?