Code of Conduct

Default Versace blue jeans and boss bottled

Is it just me or do guys also feel the same vibe from both? Not similar the way Ferrari black but I really like bj, boss bottled and Ferrari black....especially opening. What is the similarity here and what other fragrance also ?

Default Re: Versace blue jeans and boss bottled

To me they all have this sort of very approachable sweet spiciness to them. I'm not great with note breakdowns or even always getting the vocabulary right, but that's how I'd describe them. I also like all three (own a bottle of Blue Jeans, keep contemplating the other two).

Original Penguin might fit the bill.

Bottled is nice.
    Blue Jeans isn't.
    I don't think they are alike at all.

You are quite right, both are classified in the ambery fougere column in the H&R/Leffingwell chart.
    http://www.leffingwell.com/h%26rfrag...e_masculin.pdf

If it wasn't for that chart I would be very confused categorising scents, as most of the scents in the ambery fougere category impart a certain zing to my nose that others don't.
    Cheers,
    Renato

I do get a very remote similarity, owning and knowing both, yet they are both rather sweet and both a have a certain vanillic feel to them.

To me they're similar only in the respect that they're not very good.

Oh, I forgot earlier that Guess by Marciano for Men is also in this category. Has anybody else worn this one? It never gets mentioned on here but I think it's as good as anything else like it.

I personally think boss bottled smells fantastic

Nope, not the same. If I'd have to pick between the two, boss bottled anytime for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diva D View Post
    Oh, I forgot earlier that Guess by Marciano for Men is also in this category. Has anybody else worn this one? It never gets mentioned on here but I think it's as good as anything else like it.
    I have Marciano, and I think it is a decent cologne -- synthetic, but enjoyable. Sweet, spicy, woody. Its sillage is great for the first two hours, before becoming a skin scent. The last time I wore it, a 13-year old boy said he can smell my cologne (two hours after application) when I walked by. Smells like expensive one, he said.

---

Back on topic, I enjoyed Versace Blue Jeans when I was in college. Girls dig it. A classmate of mine couldn't get enough of it when I passed by her in the hallway; she went nuts! She was normal one second, then somehow, Blue Jeans flipped a switch in her brain, and she became a different girl. She stopped me, complimented me like you wouldn't believe it, and asked what I was wearing, without losing the smile on her face. That scene from the mid-90's was unforgettable.

However, it was hard reconnecting to Versace Blue Jeans after testing it again a couple of months ago. Somehow, it smelled different to my nose.

I have sampled Boss Bottled several times (most recently last week), I like it, but it didn't remind me of Blue Jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by nightcutter View Post
    Bottled is nice.
    Blue Jeans isn't.
    I don't think they are alike at all.
    My thoughts aswell

They maybe similar in sweetness but not in character. I am not a fan of Versace blue jeans but boss bottled is ok. If you are looking for a similar scent as boss bottled and better price range try Tattoo by Michel Germain not the one with the tattood man but the clear bottle with embrodered across the middle. Hope this helps