Code of Conduct

Default Anyone ever wear original A*Men at the same as any of the flankers?

Just curious. Sometimes I will spray original Angel Men on one part of my arm or neck then spray the flanker on another part. I especially enjoy doing this with Angel Men Taste of Fragrance and most recently with Pure Leather. With Pure Leather it is helping me identify not so obvious differences with Angel Men since the fragrances are somewhat similar.

Default Re: Anyone ever wear original A*Men at the same as any of the flankers?

I haven't tried it yet.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Wouldn't even cross my mind.

This guy has. Skip to 5:00

Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    This guy has. Skip to 5:00

Exactly what he said. For me Angel Men tones down the pepper a bit in ToF and lasts and lasts and lasts.

I only do AMen!
    AMen is the real thing!
    All the other are mehhhh!
    The flankers are to people that dont like the real stuff!

Banned
    Blog Entries

no cuz they last the whole day. so you cant reapply.

pure malt (which i really love) is the only amen fragrance i would ever touch. the rest are disgusting.

Dont care for the original A*Men....Pure Cuir is the intense version in my opinion but that one takes away the offensive opening.
    The rest of the Flankers are money....havane and TOF are the best IMO

I have both of those...I may have to try stacking them. I usually prefer Pure Malt alone though.

Basenotes Junkie

Yes, I have worn the original, Pure Malt, and Pure Havane all at the same time for sake of comparison. They start to become very very similar in the late stages of their dry downs.

I have worn amen, TOF, PM, PH, and PC all at the same time. I did this to see the similarities and differences. I also wanted to see which I like the most. It changes but I like the, in this order PH, PC, amen, PM, PS, TOF.

Dependent

I dont blend them. Maybe I should try it sometime soon hahah
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

A*men is the big dog! always will be

No, I have never done that.
    I have layered Pure Malt and Pure Havane. This combo garnered some nice compliments.

Well, Pure Malt struggles in the drydown, so layering with the original makes sense

Regular A*Men, I find disgusting. So I literally never wear any of it at all. The flankers keep only the pleasant aspects of A*men, and replace the repugnant accords with nice ones generally.

Especially Pure Havane, it's the smoothest and most palatable, IMHO.

No, I prefer to wear them individually. I don't like the idea of combining them.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Well, Pure Malt struggles in the drydown, so layering with the original makes sense
    I'm wearing both of these tonight in the comfort of my home. Top notes of PM >>>>> top notes of Angel Men. Maybe you're right and Angel Men will lift PM up in the dry down. I pretty sure the Angel Men will still be noticeable long after PM has fizzled off.

A*Men is the real thing!
    The flankers are created to the ones that dont like A*Men!