Code of Conduct

Default Chanel pour Monsieur

The real stuff...not Concentree. I have a sample of this and am really enjoying it. Not sure I'm ready to buy it, but I'm leaning that way. However...NST says it's next to impossible to find it anymore, and you need to be careful because most places advertise the Concentree as Pour Monsieur (and they don't include "Concentree"). I don't want the new stuff...tried it...don't like it. I'm liking old school Pour Monsieur. If I do end up deciding to buy it...any suggestions on where to find it? I've tried the usual sites...and while some of them will use the pic of the old PM, based on the item description, they're clearly selling Concentree.

Thoughts...or is the old stuff just gone and I should merely enjoy my sample?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Default Re: Chanel pour Monsieur

I got my bottle of pour monsieur edt from Spain last year... i heard Canada carries it too... just not available in the USA
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Duty free at some airports often has it--check it out next time you have to travel somewhere!

Major European retail chains, some with international shipping like e.g. Douglas, should also have it in stock.

Blog Entries

Where I live, one local fragrance shop (La Perfumerie) carries it; but of course, they wouldn't show me what the bottle looks like out of the sealed box, let alone sample it. The small bottle cost $70, and I was unsure if it is worth the blind buy as I didn't know the retail price of it.

As others have said, The original PM is certainly not gone: It is just not widely available in the States.

Yeah...from what I gather, it's fairly expensive...but the longer this thing is on me, the more I'm digging it. The Concentree smells nothing like this (on me anyway). I'll check out Douglas and always keep an eye open elsewhere...but I might have to accept that a full bottle will never rest in my house

Thanks, guys!!

PS--Happy 100th post to me!!
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Pour Monsiuer is on their website as well as all the other Chanel fragrances. All the Pour Monsieur bottles say Eau De Toilette Concentree that they sell now.

The concentree is not the same as the edt... 2 totally different fragrance...

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8buffering View Post
    Pour Monsiuer is on their website as well as all the other Chanel fragrances. All the Pour Monsieur bottles say Eau De Toilette Concentree.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

i can find it everywhere in malaysia!

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post

This. What you have to be careful about is that few retailers use the "Concentree" part. They just call it Pour Monsieur. I even saw one retailer use the term "vintage" in their description...then I saw the bottle (which clearly had Concentree printed on it). Chanel claims the two are the same...and maybe they work/smell the same on some people...but definitely NOT on me. The true vintage stuff is currently sitting beautifully...it might be one of my favorite scents that I've sampled...the new stuff was okay, but nothing stood out to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    i can find it everywhere in malaysia!

Well...don't you just suck

I'm in the same boat, I have 1/2 a small bottle left of the original CPM, you can sometimes find it on Ebay, just look closely at the photos and email the sellers and ask them what it is. It normally goes for around $100, people know it's hard to find. I love the stuff and it's most definitely not even close to the concentree version, which is an oriental not a chyphre. It's probably one of my top 5, if only it lasted longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach13 View Post
    Chanel claims the two are the same...
    Whom are you referring to ? A sales assistant at a dept. store counter ?
    I cannot believe this is the official line, even in the States.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 15th September 2012 at 05:32 PM.

I have both and find them both to be very nice scents.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    change1 is correct... The Concentree is *not* the same (or even close) and the bottles that have that on them are not the ones you are looking for.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    change1 is correct... The Concentree is *not* the same (or even close) and the bottles that have that on them are not the ones you are looking for.
    I concur and prefer the concentree.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Whom are you referring to ? A sales assistant at a dept. store counter ?
    I cannot believe this is the official line, even in the States.

Thank you--that is my bad. I thought I took that from the NST review. I went back, re-read it...and I see that I misread it. Chanel does NOT claim the two are the same. Sorry for any confusion.

I bought a mini bottle, not Concentree, but it's not the same as the sample I had. Seems to be just a boring lemon scent w/out the elegant moss purr that I loved in the decant I had.

Makes me think that PM was reformulated and then I read here that that might be true. (again....I'm not talking about the Concentree at all, although that is not bad to me. I'd actually rather wear the Concentree than what's in my mini bottle). Just makes it more confusing and I gave up altogether....

Is there more than one formulation of the original Pour Monsieur? (or maybe I got a fake or bad mini?)