Code of Conduct

Default Creed Leather Atomizer; The Woes of Purchasing it retail!

Hey there fellow Basenoters!

I have been contemplating of purchasing Creed Leather atomizers to store my vintage Tabarome in.
    I just can't get myself to purchase them at retail ($165!) . Does anyone know where I can get these things for significantly cheaper? I do have other normal atomizers I can use, but since it is Vintage Tabarome I cant get myself to use anything but the fancy original creed leather atomizer.

Thanks!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Creed Leather Atomizer; The Woes of Purchasing it retail!

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any place selling these other than Creed retailers. Personally I do not think they are worth anywhere near the price they are trying to get for them.

If it were me, I would look at the Kilian atomizer. It is worth every bit of the $70.00 they are asking for it.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/..._refer=SHOP002
    Last edited by PalmBeach; 15th September 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    I cant get myself to use anything but the fancy original creed leather atomizer.

Thanks!
    Then I think that's what you should do. Unfortunately you'll need to pay the asking price.

I agree with PalmBeach. Save $100 and get the ByKilian atomizer. It's made out of wood so it'll probably outlast the leather of the Creed.

Given its Vintage Tabarome, would you rather see the juice in a creed atomizer or the By Kilian one?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    Given its Vintage Tabarome, would you rather see the juice in a creed atomizer or the By Kilian one?
    Honestly? I would go for the By Kilian one, but that is me. I have seen the Creed Atomizer, and not very impressed with it, even if it was the same price as the By Kilian one.

The bottom line, if you feel it is worth it, that is all that matters. Just wanted to give you a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I agree with PalmBeach. Save $100 and get the ByKilian atomizer. It's made out of wood so it'll probably outlast the leather of the Creed.
    Really? I'm sure mine are made of metal. Magnetic cap and all.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    As far as I know, all the ones I have seen have been metal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by soccerhero View Post
    WOW. That Kilian atomizer is sexy.
    It really is a nice atomizer, and has some great weight to it.

I bought a Creed one and sent it back the same day. It was of very cheap quality. The screw thread that rests inside the leather was of rubbish quality. I feared it would snap off or wear away in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I assumed these were made out of the same wood that the ByKilian fragrances come in.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I bought a Creed one and sent it back the same day. It was of very cheap quality. The screw thread that rests inside the leather was of rubbish quality. I feared it would snap off or wear away in no time.
    I have three of them and are all fairly high quality. I have one for Private Collection Tabarome. One for Cuir de Russie and one for Selection Verte. It kills me to have to pay those prices but I just couldn't place those juices in anything but. Years ago there were a couple of online retailers selling them for $100.00 - but they're long gone. Vintage Tab deserves a Creed atomizer.

With some things, assuming you have the means, it's better to just go ahead and buy what you like and enjoy your life, IMO. I have not ever seen the newer issue atomizers discounted. I have found that Creed backs the atomizers as I had a few where the stems went bad and would squirt rather than deliver a fine mist. The NYC boutique gladly replaced the spray mechanism. The Creed atomizers break the spray up quite finely and conserve your juice versus their atomizers on the bottle. I do agree they are overpriced (by at least $75.00), but they are a unique luxury item.

It is mystifying (to me at least) how all of the Creed fragrances and even some of the body products have made their way to reputable grey market sellers where the pricing is often 50% or less of the now completely absurd/ obscene retail but NOT the leather wrapped atomizers. Probably because they are more limited in supply and the mark up isn't as astronomical as compared to fragrance.

Martin

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

for swap/sale:

Also keep in mind that oftentimes the sales rep will fill your new creed atomizer with creed frag of your choice.

I was lucky when I bought my atomizer. I bought the Creed atomizer and the SR filled it up with Windsor for free. Then I told the SR that it was my birthday and she gave me an extra 10ml of Windsor in a rolller ball. I was happy .

With Windsor?
    Now that would be worth it

Banned

Creed's spraying mechanism is unparalleled.

The only problem is that Kilian atomizer has a capacity of 7.5ml. The referring page says - 1.7oz, but it's a misprint.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Then I think that's what you should do. Unfortunately you'll need to pay the asking price.
    Sometimes theres just no way around this. Here in the UK though, some of our large department stores very occasionally run '10% off' days. At any one time, I've usually got mental notes on a handful of items that I plan to buy at the next such opportunity, thereby at least acheiving some saving.

Do the stores in the states run anything similar?

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Creed's spraying mechanism is unparalleled.
    If it's the same as their bottles then I'll kindly disagree.

I was in your same position recently. Its a tough decision. I went ahead and pulled the trigger and purchased the Creed atomizer. I don't regret it. Its beautiful and looks great on my dresser. But its definitely not worth the 165.00. If you paid $$$ for your vintage tab then I would lean towards getting the Creed atomizer. You will enjoy it more...BTW there are no grey market creed atomizers...But you will get some free Creed samples of your choice....

Definitely NOT worth $165. That said, I haven't purchased a better quality atomizer and I was in the same boat. No way in hell was I putting Vintage Tab in anything but. It hurt to spend that much, but in the end I am glad I ponied up and did the needful.

Unfortunately for the Creed Boutique, a Silver Atomizer (for Himalaya) was stolen off my porch following UPS delivery! It will probably be for sale on eBay before too long. Local police say there are criminals following the UPS trucks and just helping themselves when they figure nobody is home.

Martin

I would go with the Killian if it held more juice. I think the By Killian Atomizers only hold 10 mls of juice...correct me if i'm wrong.

Considering the problems people have with their creed bottles, I wouldn't shell out that much for their atomizer

I've gotten several of the Creed atomizers in various colors for the Creed fragrances purchased in larger splash flacons -- black/silver for Aventus, grey/gold for Windsor, green/gold for Selection Verte, an older dark tan for vintage Tabarome. They perform very well, hold a generous amount for extended travel, and the inner glass bottles are well protected. I can appreciate your hesitancy given their price, but I've found them to be a worthy investment. They are quite different from Creed sprays, as their atomizers are made for Creed by Hermes.

According to your thread title...woe is me! Yes...I do admit, I am a Creed fanboy I'm going to purchase another atomizer real soon (Nubuck). I could use a few more and then I'll be in good shape. I was always hoping Creed would do an atomizer in burgundy leather. Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    According to your thread title...woe is me! Yes...I do admit, I am a Creed fanboy I'm going to purchase another atomizer real soon (Nubuck). I could use a few more and then I'll be in good shape. I was always hoping Creed would do an atomizer in burgundy leather. Martin

Is this a pic of creed atomizers that you own and if so, are they filled with Creed juice?? Lucky you. Nice collection.

I have part of my VT in Creed Atomisers as they hold 50ml; one of them was from their last VT release that came in these atomisers; I use them mainly for home storage. For travel I use a cheaper and smaller 5-10ml atomisers, unless lots of juice will be used on a very long trip. My favourite travel atomisers are the Penhaligon's, but VT only came in splash flacons. The Kilian looks nice, but I never tried them. I am happy with my Creed atomisers; mine work well and I had no complaints so far, apart from the price, but then it is VT.....

I think the biggest problem with these is the unavailability of replacement inner bottles and spray tops, A while ago I had a good relationship with one of the Creed reps and she'd give me 2-3 silver or gold replacement spray tops when I'd make an order but the glass bottle inners are just not distributed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    its not made out of wood..... its metal. and if you drop the black or the gold, the paint chips off. best get silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkidd View Post
    I would go with the Killian if it held more juice. I think the By Killian Atomizers only hold 10 mls of juice...correct me if i'm wrong.
    7.5ml standard vial.

I've mentioned this here several times, but back in 2010, I was discussing Vintage Tabarome and its availability (or lack thereof) as they still had a tester. She said she believed some other NM stores still had flacons of it, but after calling several, came to the realization the stock shown in their computers wasn't up to do date (and several were broken bottles). I made reference to Creed Boutique's selling of VT in the atomizer for $405 for a limited time, to which she said that was absurd and made the following offer: buy an atomizer and she'd fill it for free from the tester bottle as they no longer had any left to sell.

Naturally I hopped on that like a hobo on a ham sandwich...
    The Bark Bites Back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    I've mentioned this here several times, but back in 2010, I was discussing Vintage Tabarome and its availability (or lack thereof) as they still had a tester. She said she believed some other NM stores still had flacons of it, but after calling several, came to the realization the stock shown in their computers wasn't up to do date (and several were broken bottles). I made reference to Creed Boutique's selling of VT in the atomizer for $405 for a limited time, to which she said that was absurd and made the following offer: buy an atomizer and she'd fill it for free from the tester bottle as they no longer had any left to sell.

Naturally I hopped on that like a hobo on a ham sandwich...
    Nice! Kudos to both the buyer and the seller!

Great scent. Hope it gets de-vaulted in the next few years so the new aficionados can get a shot at it. One of the absolute best "retro" vibes ever created in a fragrance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Unfortunately for the Creed Boutique, a Silver Atomizer (for Himalaya) was stolen off my porch following UPS delivery! It will probably be for sale on eBay before too long. Local police say there are criminals following the UPS trucks and just helping themselves when they figure nobody is home.

Martin
    Is there a bounty on UPS-trailing varmints? That is so low! If I ever see that action, the perp-busting smartphone is coming out.

Basenotes Plus

To the OP: You could try your luck on eBay, sometimes these Creed atomizers do pop up and can be had for a lot less than the MSRP. This one is currently listed http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-perfum...-/310809737987 at about $65.

Good luck!

PS: Jazznpool - that is an awesome collection of Creed atomizers! You are indeed a devoted Creed fanboy. ;-)