Code of Conduct

Question Luna Rossa Extreme Question

I'm considering getting this Prada fragrance from Macy's. I believe it is currently a Macy's exclusive. Does anyone here have any idea how long a fragrance like this might remain an exclusive?

Default Re: Luna Rossa Extreme Question

Judging by the amount of activity in this thread, no one really knows.
    I picked up a bottle from Macy's several weeks ago, great scent. I doubt it will be sold by discounters any time soon.

Basenotes Institution

You can find it for sale on eBay
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I don't know the exact answer to the question but my guess is that contractual agreements between fragrances houses and designated retailers for marketing exclusivity seem to last around two months before it opens up to wider availability. That's what seems to have been the case with the recent Dior Homme Eau now available in more places than only Macys.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I don't know the exact answer to the question but my guess is that contractual agreements between fragrances houses and designated retailers for marketing exclusivity seem to last around two months before it opens up to wider availability. That's what seems to have been the case with the recent Dior Homme Eau now available in more places than only Macys.
    Sorry for threadjacking, but where else is Dior Homme Eau available other than Macys or Dior's website? I haven't seen it at Sephora or the other department stores yet...

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Sorry for threadjacking, but where else is Dior Homme Eau available other than Macys or Dior's website? I haven't seen it at Sephora or the other department stores yet...
    Wasn't it just recently that Dior Homme Eau was offered for purchase on Dior's own website? When it first launched, I could be mistaken, but I thought it was only possible to purchase it online from Macys, at least that's the only place I was able to get it. Maybe what I should have said above was available now at two places and not more. Sorry about that.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

It is a nice scent, not sure how long it will be at Macy's, but if you like it just pick it up.