Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,653

    Default Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    I just read the report on the Argentinian perfume company Fueguia 1833 -- extremely intriguing! I downloaded their marketing materials and they're gorgeous. They have huge line -- they must have been at it for years. At least I hope they have been, or else their formulae could never have had enough time to be created properly. Many of the fragrances sound terrific, and their prices are reasonable.

    I love all the historical anecdotes and literary references. Borges is a fav author of mine. I wonder if it could be possible to receive some sort of sample kit, though I wouldn't dream of sampling the entire line that way, maybe 25% of them or something! It's hard to get a bead on their approach since there are generally no more than 3 notes listed.

    Have any of our South American confidantes made the trip to the "leafy suburb" where this store resides and had a sniff?

  2. #2
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,296
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    I just read the report on the Argentinian perfume company Fueguia 1833 -- extremely intriguing! I downloaded their marketing materials and they're gorgeous. They have huge line -- they must have been at it for years. At least I hope they have been, or else their formulae could never have had enough time to be created properly. Many of the fragrances sound terrific, and their prices are reasonable.

    I love all the historical anecdotes and literary references. Borges is a fav author of mine. I wonder if it could be possible to receive some sort of sample kit, though I wouldn't dream of sampling the entire line that way, maybe 25% of them or something! It's hard to get a bead on their approach since there are generally no more than 3 notes listed.

    Have any of our South American confidantes made the trip to the "leafy suburb" where this store resides and had a sniff?
    Makes me wonder if our South American contingent has been up to something they've not been talking about!

    No matter what, it sounds *very* interesting.
    * * * *

  3. #3

    Default Re: Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    The wood box the bottle comes in looks fantastic, and the fragrances look nice, but from the brochure I saw they only list three notes per fragrance, it's a little sparse to get an impression of what it might smell like, I think. They have a lot of woody fragrances and most of the line is unisex, so that's s great.

    From what I can tell they established the line in 2010 and have launched over 50 fragrances since then, so that's a little worrying regarding quality. I also hope someone can post their impressions of the line!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    I'm sure this line is going to break in ino the european market pretty soon. They had a good exposure at Fragranze 2012...


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  5. #5

    Default Re: Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    Being a porteña perfumista, I am quite acquainted with their line.
    The brand is quite new (about an year or two) but their laboratory is great and so are the raw materials they have there.
    I also like the fact that they don't fall into the usual Argentinian clichés with the names of the fragrances.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    From what I can tell they established the line in 2010 and have launched over 50 fragrances since then, so that's a little worrying regarding quality. I also hope someone can post their impressions of the line!
    Well, according to their catalogue, there are only 46 fragrances available (unless I've missed something).

    My first experience with them hasn't been great so far. I contacted them about trying some samples and they agreed to send me some, based on some recommendations (there was no sample program at the time). I said I wanted to try their entire line but would be happy to make a contribution if necessary. They then replied, claiming they would send the samples to me (even asked for my address). Two weeks later, nothing.

    Yesterday, they e-mailed me, stating that they now have a sample program (how convenient) and how I should select what I want and make the relevant payment. So, it took them two weeks to make this u-turn? Thus, the promise of receiving some complementary samples (regardless of quantity) dropped from x to zero. Hmmm...

    But that's not my main gripe - the 1ml samples are reasonably priced but the P&P isn't. $46 to post the samples (regardless of the quantity ordered) to Europe?!! I e-mailed them back and told them to forget it, giving them the reason why. I very much doubt they'll reply...
    Last edited by Trebor; 11th October 2012 at 01:44 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Well, according to their catalogue, there are only 46 fragrances available (unless I've missed something).

    My first experience with them hasn't been great so far. I contacted them about trying some samples and they agreed to send me some, based on some recommendations (there was no sample program at the time). I said I wanted to try their entire line but would be happy to make a contribution if necessary. They then replied, claiming they would send the samples to me (even asked for my address). Two weeks later, nothing.

    Yesterday, they e-mailed me, stating that they now have a sample program (how convenient) and how I should select what I want and make the relevant payment. So, it took them two weeks to make this u-turn? Thus, the promise of receiving some complementary samples (regardless of quantity) dropped from x to zero. Hmmm...

    But that's not my main gripe - the 1ml samples are reasonably priced but the P&P isn't. $46 to post the samples (regardless of the quantity ordered) to Europe?!! I e-mailed them back and told them to forget it, giving them the reason why. I very much doubt they'll reply...

    extremely disappointing


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  8. #8

    Default Re: Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    Luckyscent is about to carry them. So regardless of terrible customer service and insane shipping they provide we can give them a try. On the paper they do look good, but in 2-3 years they've been around 40+ formulations?!

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,044

    Default Re: Fueguia 1833 - Most interesting new perfumery

    I'll find out what they are all about in next couple if days. Sample set was mailed yesterday.

Similar Threads

  1. French Perfumery vs Arabic Perfumery
    By canuck21 in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 13th November 2013, 01:28 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25th September 2012, 02:14 AM
  3. Interesting....
    By koala501 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th August 2012, 03:18 PM
  4. Crown Perfumery fans > Check out Anglia Perfumery!
    By Grant in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 29th March 2008, 09:43 PM
  5. Maybe not your HG, but your most interesting
    By flathorn in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27th July 2005, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000