Code of Conduct

Talking Guerlain Vetiver vs Green Irish Tweed [Gonna make a purchase in an hour]

I like citrus and floral tones.

Is GIT worth the extra.

Default Re: Guerlain Vetiver vs Green Irish Tweed [Gonna make a purchase in an hour]

Yes GIT is wonderful and a classic for good reason and would be my recommendation. I find Guerlain Vetiver to be unpleasent and dated though Tom Fords Grey Vetiver is a good modern interpretation on Guerlains offering.

Default Re: Guerlain Vetiver vs Green Irish Tweed [Gonna make a purchase in an hour]

The violet note in GIT is very nice, but that's all that's good about it to my nose. Guerlain's legendary offering is good for what it is - a scent from the 1960s. It is outdated and has too much tobacco for my liking. I would vote for GIT but only because it's the best of a bad bunch!

Apples vs. Oranges

GV isn't floral. You can try LaCoste's Challenge (aftershave formulation) for strong citrus and violet/lavender, if you want to save some money. GIT isn't especially citrusy, at least beyond the top notes.

Sound Scents

Those are interesting choices considering your stated preferences... That said, of those two Green Irish Tweed is the far superior scent, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

GIT without a doubt.

Guerlain's Vetiver is a great scent and a must have. Make sure you enjoy vetiver though. Never tried GIT.

Such very different scents.
    I wouldn't pay the extra for GIT but if I was more affluent then maybe..

they have nothing in common but both are worth it
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by PersianWaters View Post

Is GIT worth the extra.
    IMO Yes.

Yes, GIT is the better option. Especially since Guerlain Vetiver is a shadow of its former self.

I like both but vote for Guerlain Vetiver, a timeless classic. But I expect you made your purchase by now!

If the citrus and the floral tones are the main point, I'd say Vetiver has, at a lower price, even a richer variety of tones and notes (this being said, GIT is still an outstanding fragrances, however, not so heavy on these notes, as GV is).

Guerlain's Vetivert was the best Vetivert ever. It has been reformulated and is no longer the same.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PersianWaters View Post

Is GIT worth the extra.
    Yes.

GIT by a mile, even for the money. I never have liked GV and think it is much less wearable.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I would go with GIT. Guerlain Vetiver is a good fragrance, but there are better vetivers out there IMO.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird