Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What is the best TOM FORD fragrance?

Of the ones I have tried, Tom Ford for Men gets my vote. I do enjoy Tuscan Leather for around the house, but never find the right time to wear it out. Also enjoy Neroli Portofino, but can't wear it due to allergies (I did wear this past summer a few times and suffered the consequences later).

for me it is tomford for men.it has an old school vibe wich i really like.
    second it would be grey vetiver.

Oud wood is my fav without a doubt.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

RESURRECTION! I'd say Amber Absolute overall closely followed by Sahara Noir. Oud Wood and Tobacco Oud are both really good as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Oud wood is my fav without a doubt.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Noir de Noir if you like Rose and Tobacco Vanille for sweet vanilla

Tobacco Vanille

If I had to pick one designer house it would be Tom Ford. In the way that many others connect with Dior, Chanel, Guerlain, etc. is how I feel about Tom Ford. The drydown on the TF fragrances that I've tried are some of the best I've experienced. From the signature line I simply love Tom Ford for Men, such a great fragrance that just suits me perfectly; retro type of fragrance done in a modern way. I also love Tom Ford Noir (edt). I'm not usually into Oriental types of fragrances, but this for me is the best nighttime fragrance I have and is refined, sensual, and simply amazing. From the private blends I like Italian Cypress and Oud Wood. I have intentionally not sampled too many of the private blends because I know the end result will be detrimental to my bank account

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    .....We must not forget Gucci Pour Homme!!!
    ...= by Michel Almairac...!

My choice: Grey Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    If I had to pick one designer house it would be Tom Ford. In the way that many others connect with Dior, Chanel, Guerlain, etc. is how I feel about Tom Ford. The drydown on the TF fragrances that I've tried are some of the best I've experienced. From the signature line I simply love Tom Ford for Men, such a great fragrance that just suits me perfectly; retro type of fragrance done in a modern way. I also love Tom Ford Noir (edt). I'm not usually into Oriental types of fragrances, but this for me is the best nighttime fragrance I have and is refined, sensual, and simply amazing. From the private blends I like Italian Cypress and Oud Wood. I have intentionally not sampled too many of the private blends because I know the end result will be detrimental to my bank account
    Big fan of many of the Tom Ford fragrances here as well. Extreme could be next for a full bottle, if only it were a bit stronger I'd have bought it before now. Treat yourself to some TV it's so strong you'll only need a few ml anyway.

TL is growing on me so much that I might get a decant of that for the winter. May look at samples of Amber Absolute and Bois Marocain as well, though as they are both discontinued I'm not sure whether to bother.

Tv
    ndn
    tl

My younger son would say Tuscan Leather.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Unsure whether the best, but in my personal opinion, Grey Vetiver, Black Orchid and White Patchouli, as well as the Noir variations are among my (non-exclusive, still incomplete) list of favorites.

The two I like and own are Sahara Noir and Tuscan Leather

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    * Current Favourites *
    Amouage: Lyric Man & Essenza di Colonia Acqua di Parma
    Serge Lutens: Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit

I prefer lighter fragrances so my favourite is Neroli Portofino. If only I could afford the whole range of body products...

Tobacco Vanille.

No idea which one is best, but what I like the most is Grey Vetiver from the cheaper line. Its really pretty great.

I am also quite indifferent to many private blends, including TV, Oud Wood and Amber Absolute. Tuscan Leather is probably the only one so far that I would contemplate acquiring a full bottle. Stuff is very charismatic.

Edit: Heh, just noticed that OP started this in 2012. Wonder if he still cares...

Black Orchid is IMHO the flagship/defining scent of the company, much like Shalimar & No.5, as timeless opulent fragrances which have been embraced by both sexes.

Of the more recent releases (this thread dates back to 2012), London and Tobacco Oud are up there IMO.

Haven't been able to sniff alotof TF, but from the what I've tried tuscan leather gets my vote.
    Summer 2014 rotation:
    1. L'eau d'Issey Summer Edition 2012
    2. Polo Sport
    3. Nikos Sculpture Homme
    4. Versace pour Homme
    5. Dior Homme Sport
    6. YSL L'Homme
    7. Cool Water (oh yea!!)
    8. Millesime Imperial
    9. Ciel Man

Wanted: bottle of Montale Intense Cafe and Aoud Leather.

Oud Wood, with the underappreciated Italian Cypress as a close second. I've never smelled such a smokey scent that still manages to be perfet for summer with its delicious lemon and cypress.

Close behind are Black Orchid, Tuscan Leather, and Plum Japonais for me (not sure if I would wear the last though). Grey Vetiver is great but much safer; I wouldn't put it up there with the rest.

I BADLY need to try Tobacco Oud. Anyone selling a decant?

Quote Originally Posted by throwbookatface View Post
    Plum Japonais for me (not sure if I would wear the last though).
    I do and I love it. Plum Japonais is a favorite along with Tobacco Oud and Sahara Noir.