Code of Conduct

Default Your take on L'Artisan Vanilla Absolument (Previously Named Havana Vanille)????

What's up fellas...with fall 4 days away I'm in the market for a nice vanilla based fragrance, I'm considering L'Artisan Vanilla Absolument (Previously Named Havana Vanille).

L'Artisan Vanilla Absolument features notes of vanilla pod infused in old rum, clove, leather, dried fruit, narcissus, helichyrum, tonka bean, benzoin, tolu, musks, smoked woods (tobacco), moss, balsamic notes and vanilla absolute.

So for those of you who have tried it and or own it, what is your take on it? Prominent notes, longevity and sillage/projection.....

Default Re: Your take on L'Artisan Vanilla Absolument (Previously Named Havana Vanille)????

It's not bad (althouth i prefered the older "Vanilia" from AP)
    The sweet rum is gourmand here and it makes me want to drink a cocktail (pina colada but without the awful synthetic pinneaple you could expect, hopefully). Pleasant and worth the sniff if you are in quest of vanilla (although i would never consider buying a bottle for myself).

Default Re: Your take on L'Artisan Vanilla Absolument (Previously Named Havana Vanille)????

Considering how much I wanted to like it, when I finally got a sample of it I was very disappointed. I'm no exactly sure how to describe it but it's the same reason I don't really care for Frapin's 1697, maybe the dry spicy booziness? I dunno, to me "alcoholic" fragrances are mostly misses for me, Idole EDT being the only one that I've found so far that jives with me.

For a boozy vanille scent, Mona di Orio Vanille is far superior compared to others imo!!

I own the L'Artisan and think it's a very nice vanilla scent but prefer Absolu de Vanille by La Maison De La Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post
    For a boozy vanille scent, Mona di Orio Vanille is far superior compared to others imo!!
    I'll have to research this one. Is longevity good???

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own the L'Artisan and think it's a very nice vanilla scent but prefer Absolu de Vanille by La Maison De La Vanille
    This is interesting seems like this particular company specializes in Vanilla based fragrances, and the price seems good. How is longevity with this fragrances????

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I read is a mature non sweet vanilla, would you compare it to Montale Vanilla Absolu?
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it. Plastic vanilla!

But as long as I have Tobacco Vanille i don't think I would consider to buy Vanilla Absolument

I love it. My favourite vanilla scent next to Mona di Orio's Vanille. I have a week spot for anything with a clear rum note and dried/stewed fruits which they both have. The sweetness is tampered by vetiver in both. The MdO also has a burnt facet which I don't detect in Havana Vanille.

Longevity and sillage are good, but not monstrous.

Why don't you sample it before buying?

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    I love it. My favourite vanilla scent next to Mona di Orio's Vanille. I have a week spot for anything with a clear rum note and dried/stewed fruits which they both have. The sweetness is tampered by vetiver in both. The MdO also has a burnt facet which I don't detect in Havana Vanille.

Longevity and sillage are good, but not monstrous.

Why don't you sample it before buying?
    I actually received my sample yesterday.

La Artisan Vanille Absolment
    Mona di Orio Vanille
    La Maison Vanille Absolu de Vanille
    La Maison Vanille Madagascar (too sweet)

I definitely get the dried fruits and rum mixed with vanilla with La Artisan VA, very good.

Mona di Orio Vanille i get a very smoky vanilla, rum and orange (almost like a orange sherbert) yet its also powdery, it smells very good.

Absolu Vanille is the most vanilla out of the bunch. Though it has the fewest notes listed it's the most complex, I get a bitter-sweet, earthy spice (patchouli probably), slightly smoky vanilla, I also get some type of plastic/waxy vibe (not sure what that is) This one too smells very good.

Absolu is the only one that I like from beginning to end. VA and MdOV both start very dirty yet they smooth out very well.

Longevity of Absolu may be a lil less than VA and MdOV.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 24th September 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Dependent

i love it
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille