Code of Conduct

Default NEW Lorenzo Villoresi - Aura Maris

There's a new Lorenzo Villoresi:

http://www.lorenzovilloresi.it/eng/news.shtml

It's the first of a new "Mare Nostrum" series of fragrances. This doesn't make me optimistic, but I'll try to remain hopeful until I try it. I just don't care for the direction he's going in lately. I love his old stuff. Has anybody tried this yet? I know the-good-life tried an early version of this that was simply called Mare Nostrum, but I have no idea if this is anything like the one he tried. Hopefully he'll chime in on this issue.

Default Re: NEW Lorenzo Villoresi - Aura Maris

Sounds boring.

Thanks for sharing.

for swap/sale:

I just bumped this thread because there is virtually nothing about it anywhere on the web. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. If LV releases anything brilliant again will anyone even notice? I still love him very much despite his recent releases. Has anyone even tried this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I just bumped this thread because there is virtually nothing about it anywhere on the web. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. If LV releases anything brilliant again will anyone even notice? I still love him very much despite his recent releases. Has anyone even tried this one?
    If you like LV you should try Ortigia-Sicilia. He is the nose behind the whole line. From what Ive tried they are wonderful scents.

Rex
    Remember when life gives you lemons make lemonade, also find someone whose life gave them vodka. Have a party!

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    If you like LV you should try Ortigia-Sicilia. He is the nose behind the whole line. From what Ive tried they are wonderful scents.

Rex
    Hey, Rex. What is your source for thinking that Lorenzo Villoresi is the nose behind this line? On the surface of it, that would seem unlikely and there's no mention of him on their website from what I could see.

Hey, Rex. What is your source for thinking that Lorenzo Villoresi is the nose behind this line? On the surface of it, that would seem unlikely and there's no mention of him on their website from what I could see.
    The information was taken from the ALZD website(First-in-Fragrance). They state that hes the "nose" behind the line. The line itself was founded by the creator of "Evelyn & Crabtree".

Hope that helps
    Remember when life gives you lemons make lemonade, also find someone whose life gave them vodka. Have a party!

What are the recent releases that you have not been satisfied with?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    What are the recent releases that you have not been satisfied with?
    Theseus i thought was terrible. I haven't tried Iperborea, but it doesn't sound like my kind of thing, nor does this new one, although I love so many of his earlier creations, I still keep holding out hope.