Code of Conduct

Default Almost time to choose...Invasion Barbare or Patou Pour Homme Reissue?

I am about to sell an item that will yield me enough to buy one of these. I am wearing Invasion Barbare today and enjoying the Dickens out of it. I have also been jonesin' for the new Patou Pour Homme for a long time now, but I've never smelled it.

For those who know, which one will fair better for the hot months to come? I do wish that IB had a little more "oomph", but it is a VERY nice smell that I have enjoyed all morning (from a sample).

The new Patou PH would be a total blind buy.

Default Re: Almost time to choose...Invasion Barbare or Patou Pour Homme Reissue?

Invasion.

Default Re: Almost time to choose...Invasion Barbare or Patou Pour Homme Reissue?

IB for me too, by far. Of course, prices are different ...

cacio

I hate to say it, but if Patou Pour Homme costs as much as Invasion Barbare, I think it would be a mistake to buy it blind.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    IB for me too, by far. Of course, prices are different ...

cacio
    I think the "bustless" edition of IB runs $250 for a 2 OZ spray.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I think the "bustless" edition of IB runs $250 for a 2 OZ spray.
    Actually, the new 75mL bottles are available for the same $250.00.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Actually, the new 75mL bottles are available for the same $250.00.
    Thanks for the info! Luckyscent, by chance?

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the info! Luckyscent, by chance?
    Yes, they now have the new bottles of IB.

All MDCI will go to 75mL, as the stock is replenished.

I love both, but since you have already smelled IB and like it, I think that would be the way to go.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I love both, but since you have already smelled IB and like it, I think that would be the way to go.
    Thanks! Your opinion counts for a lot with me.

Basenotes Junkie

IB is the way to go. Oh god I love that fragrance!

I hope my wife gives me some good feedback on this IB when we get home this evening. If she can still smell it and she likes it, that would seal the deal for me. Unsolicited, of course.

I have a good feeling your wife will like it. It has a really amazing drydown that should be coming on strong when she gets to it. Plus you cant go wrong with IB. Good luck!

If it's $250 and you already love it, go with the one you know.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoakpenn View Post
    I have a good feeling your wife will like it. It has a really amazing drydown that should be coming on strong when she gets to it. Plus you cant go wrong with IB. Good luck!
    Mission accomplished! I hugged her outside and she commented on it first thing! She really likes it.

If your experience is the same as mine you'll find IB has plenty of oomph. It seems the more you wear it the better you can smell it. I don't get nose fatigue with this one at all and I find it lasts upward of twelve hours on the skin. On clothes until I wash them.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    If your experience is the same as mine you'll find IB has plenty of oomph. It seems the more you wear it the better you can smell it. I don't get nose fatigue with this one at all and I find it lasts upward of twelve hours on the skin. On clothes until I wash them.
    Sounds awesome.

Go and smell Aramis Devin for an idea of what PPH smells like. Then get IB. If you later find you like PPH, you can consider getting Devin for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Go and smell Aramis Devin for an idea of what PPH smells like. Then get IB. If you later find you like PPH, you can consider getting Devin for less.
    Very useful information. And solid advice.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This is the correct answer, buy IB and sample the other just like you did with IB , patience is a virtue.....enjoy
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Very useful information. And solid advice.
    Good advice, but wouldn't go this route as we know noses differentiate from one scent to another, so get a sample of actual scent you desire not one that another nose might smell similarities ss your nose might not arrive were other nose arrived...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    This is sound

The Aramis range really should be looked at more closely (apart from New West for me). The rest are uniformly splendid and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Good advice, but wouldn't go this route as we know noses differentiate from one scent to another, so get a sample of actual scent you desire not one that another nose might smell similarities ss your nose might not arrive were other nose arrived...
    Does anyone know who might be offering samples of the re-issue of Patou PH?

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Quite right. I have edited my sig to reflect this uncertainty.

Does anyone know who might be offering samples of the re-issue of Patou PH?
    I got mine from Ausliebezumduft but idk if anywhere stateside does it lol

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Yes, they now have the new bottles of IB.

All MDCI will go to 75mL, as the stock is replenished.
    Are the bottles actually bigger or are they using the same bottles but labeling it 75 ml? Anyone confirm?