Code of Conduct

Default Escada Magnetism, phantom/ghost fragrance?

Anyone noticed how this rare and discontinued magical juice becomes like some kind of ghost, appearing and disappearing when you least expect it? I try to smell it where I sprayed it on my arm and wrist but it seems it´s not there! Strangely, later on I can smell it without trying to... I´ve had this happen before with other fragrances but nothing like Magnetism.

Sure it´s a very synthetic fragrance , but man, it´s truly an enigmatic scent! Anyone else experienced this or am I the only one?

The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Banned

Default Re: Escada Magnetism, phantom/ghost fragrance?

I am the ghost of Escada Magnetism.

(ooooooooooooooooh)

Very common with a clear but subtle amber note, though huge amber frags are different.

Banned

I have that same experience sometimes. Personally I went through great lengths to reacquire Magnetism, and now regret it, its pretty average for me.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I still have half a bottle of it and use it sparingly. It's a nice change every once in a while. It's pretty unique and I'm glad to have it in my collection.

Smells like a grape jolly rancher with a cheap vanilla base to my nose. Yeah it's a ghost,and an over priced one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I have that same experience sometimes. Personally I went through great lengths to reacquire Magnetism, and now regret it, its pretty average for me.
    Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Always felt a little reluctant to purchase this, esp considering that it has become more expensive now.

Haven't experienced what the OP has, but nevertheless I like this scent.

It's a great scent. I remember the first few times I wore it, my nose got habituated to it very quickly too.

It must be made with very big musk molecules, thus the quick habituation.

It's one of those fragrances I regret not buying when I had the chance. IMO it's unique, fresh and youthful, without the use of aquatics or the other usual suspects.

I scored a couple of samples at a sweet price...still working on the first one. I read some reviews (I think on fragrantica, but I don't remember) where people compared it to Cherry Coke. The first few times I wore it, that's exactly what I picked up. However, the more I've worn it, the more I've enjoyed it. It's rather soothing on me. I actually like putting it on right before I go to bed. Don't know about the ghost effect, though. I smell it right away and keep smelling it until I fall asleep (and sometimes can still pick it up in the morning). Decent projection as well. Will probably never own a full bottle, but I'm not going to rush through my samples. Will take my time and enjoy them thoroughly.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

unique and a girl hunter of a scent!

It hurts...I sold it without knowing it was discontinued. The green juice in dark purple bottle.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by nikthegreek View Post
    unique and a girl hunter of a scent!
    It´s certainly unique, very different from other fragrances and although I wouldn´t say I have "hunted" (lol) with it, the feedback from the opposite sex has been quite good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    It hurts...I sold it without knowing it was discontinued. The green juice in dark purple bottle.
    Sucks man. I managed to get a couple of bottles for around 55 dollars here at the heavy discount section of the store. Seems like it was never really popular and a very "under the radar" fragrance, at least here.

Cheers!
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

This has happened to me a lot with other fragrances. Maybe it's the fact that our nose gets used to the scent and begins to filter it out. As other scents enter our nose, the fragrance we are wearing suddenly becomes "new" again, so we start to smell it. Not sure if that I correct, to be quite honest I just pulled all of that information out of my bum.

I think olfactory fatigue is a huge issue with this frag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I think olfactory fatigue is a huge issue with this frag.
    Yeah, I think that must be the reason why this happens so much with this fragrance.

to me it's a more of a ghost, disappears fast, but I can't really smell it later. I think Gaultier 2 does a similar vibe with the grape bubble gum, but more sweeter, and better imo.

Yes, exactly this happened to me with Magnetism. First i thought that it is poor longevety but its the ghost thing