Code of Conduct

Default Trumper's Eucris

I'm not much into James Bond, but supposedly Bond claims that this is his frag in one of the early movies. My question: If this is true, how does he get so many ladies whilst reeking of body odor?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

It's not the fragrance he uses, it's the hairdressing, which smells like lilies and not like the scent of the Eucris EDT/shower gel/shave cream/shave soap.

I've bought every product in the line, and couldn't be happier with any of them.
    I love the blackcurrant/oakmoss of the scent - the second hour of my Aventus smells like Eucris - it's so dark, so masculine, and so brooding.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    I've bought every product in the line, and couldn't be happier with any of them.
    I love the blackcurrant/oakmoss of the scent - the second hour of my Aventus smells like Eucris - it's so dark, so masculine, and so brooding.
    Numerous people including yourself have praised Eucris, but despite repeated testing, I've never been able to warm to it.
    I'll keep your "brooding" description in mind next time I sniff it - it may change my perspective.
    Regards,
    Renato

Renato one good idea might be to use the Eucris Shaving Soap (I know you're on B&B but forgive me if I'm incorrect in assuming you wet shave) for a while first, as you might find the scent really grows on you. It's a cracking performer.

It happened to me with Tabac - I owned (and eventually liked) the AS splash, but it wasn't until I bought the soap that my addiction really took off.

Renato one good idea might be to use the Eucris Shaving Soap (I know you're on B&B but forgive me if I'm incorrect in assuming you wet shave) for a while first, as you might find the scent really grows on you. It's a cracking performer.

It happened to me with Tabac - I owned (and eventually liked) the AS splash, but it wasn't until I bought the soap that my addiction really took off.
    Thanks. That's an interesting idea, and Trumpers have my favourite shave cream.
    Regards,
    Renato

Dependent

Apparently Bond made a couple of references in the books about men being effeminate for wearing fragrances.

Eucris is pleasant stuff, though not too original -- its celery-based composition was clearly based on Yatagan. I don't believe the date in the Directory is correct for this one -- released in the 80s I think. If it actually is from 1912, then it's ultra-ultra-forward-looking.
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 14th November 2012 at 06:28 AM.

I understand that Sean Connery, the actor himself, wears Jicky. If so, a wonderful choice.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Renato one good idea might be to use the Eucris Shaving Soap (I know you're on B&B but forgive me if I'm incorrect in assuming you wet shave) for a while first, as you might find the scent really grows on you. It's a cracking performer...
    Interesting. I couldn't abide the scent nor the soap (which I couldn't get a decent lather from). Into the bin it went !

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Interesting. I couldn't abide the scent nor the soap (which I couldn't get a decent lather from). Into the bin it went !
    Well that IS surprising.

I find the soap to be one of the best non-tallow soaps I own and easily holds its own against soaps like C&E Sienna, GFT Coconut and AoS.

There are soaps that whip up lather faster - like Valobra, Tabac and P160 (admittedly, P160 lathers as soon as you look at it) - but I've never had an issue with getting lots of richly scented lather that is very slick from Eucris.

Mind you, our water here is very soft. I was even able to get my Caswell-Massey lather to stay around for 45 seconds or so

Well that IS surprising.

I find the soap to be one of the best non-tallow soaps I own and easily holds its own against soaps like C&E Sienna, GFT Coconut and AoS.

There are soaps that whip up lather faster - like Valobra, Tabac and P160 (admittedly, P160 lathers as soon as you look at it) - but I've never had an issue with getting lots of richly scented lather that is very slick from Eucris.

Mind you, our water here is very soft. I was even able to get my Caswell-Massey lather to stay around for 45 seconds or so
    I think it's time I investigated this soap in more detail. Off to London it is then!

P160 got discontinued if I remember correctly?

Yeah, I managed to snag a kilo of the Tipo Morbido (soft type) from a fellow member on B&B a year or two back.
    I gave away over half of it to the Aussie wetshavers, but still have about 300g of it left.
    I find Valobra to be an excellent substitute, and it also comes in menthol, which is a plus.

That's it - I'm dragging out the Eucris soap for tomorrow's shave. All this talk has made me want to go the shower gel/shaving soap/EDT combo and really 'old man' it up

Bond's job as a spy is stealth and infiltration which if the bad guys can smell you a mile off will not be cool. " It was your cologne Mr Bond that gave you away, now watch as I destroy all humanity to bring in a new golden age where I rule the world Ha Ha Ha". Not cool!

I don't think he gets that many ladies, really. If you detract all the honeytraps who were just doing their job, he's an average stud at best, esp. considering the money, car, suits, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I don't think he gets that many ladies, really. If you detract all the honeytraps who were just doing their job, he's an average stud at best, esp. considering the money, car, suits, etc.
    He's not real, you know.....

Or is he............??????????

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    He's not real, you know.....

Or is he............??????????
    I have always thought he really is there in Great Britain (British Secret Service, isn't it) and chases bad guys all around the world, drives those fast cars and gets all those beautiful women
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

If he was 'real' he wouldn't be getting up to one tenth of the shenanigans of the books and films. Health & Safety regs and budget cuts due to the recession have made sure of that.

I had to cancel my membership of Buck's Club and had to hand back the keys for my SLS a few weeks ago.

Now I have my lunch at Subway and have an Oyster Card.
    Last edited by joe mcclaine; 14th November 2012 at 06:43 PM.