Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Basenotes Junkie Teach13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    696

    Default Trumper's Eucris

    I'm not much into James Bond, but supposedly Bond claims that this is his frag in one of the early movies. My question: If this is true, how does he get so many ladies whilst reeking of body odor?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

    "When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

  2. #2

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    It's not the fragrance he uses, it's the hairdressing, which smells like lilies and not like the scent of the Eucris EDT/shower gel/shave cream/shave soap.

    I've bought every product in the line, and couldn't be happier with any of them.
    I love the blackcurrant/oakmoss of the scent - the second hour of my Aventus smells like Eucris - it's so dark, so masculine, and so brooding.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    I've bought every product in the line, and couldn't be happier with any of them.
    I love the blackcurrant/oakmoss of the scent - the second hour of my Aventus smells like Eucris - it's so dark, so masculine, and so brooding.
    Numerous people including yourself have praised Eucris, but despite repeated testing, I've never been able to warm to it.
    I'll keep your "brooding" description in mind next time I sniff it - it may change my perspective.
    Regards,
    Renato

  4. #4

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Renato one good idea might be to use the Eucris Shaving Soap (I know you're on B&B but forgive me if I'm incorrect in assuming you wet shave) for a while first, as you might find the scent really grows on you. It's a cracking performer.

    It happened to me with Tabac - I owned (and eventually liked) the AS splash, but it wasn't until I bought the soap that my addiction really took off.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Renato one good idea might be to use the Eucris Shaving Soap (I know you're on B&B but forgive me if I'm incorrect in assuming you wet shave) for a while first, as you might find the scent really grows on you. It's a cracking performer.

    It happened to me with Tabac - I owned (and eventually liked) the AS splash, but it wasn't until I bought the soap that my addiction really took off.
    Thanks. That's an interesting idea, and Trumpers have my favourite shave cream.
    Regards,
    Renato

  6. #6
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,652

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Apparently Bond made a couple of references in the books about men being effeminate for wearing fragrances.

    Eucris is pleasant stuff, though not too original -- its celery-based composition was clearly based on Yatagan. I don't believe the date in the Directory is correct for this one -- released in the 80s I think. If it actually is from 1912, then it's ultra-ultra-forward-looking.
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 14th November 2012 at 06:28 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    I understand that Sean Connery, the actor himself, wears Jicky. If so, a wonderful choice.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Renato one good idea might be to use the Eucris Shaving Soap (I know you're on B&B but forgive me if I'm incorrect in assuming you wet shave) for a while first, as you might find the scent really grows on you. It's a cracking performer...
    Interesting. I couldn't abide the scent nor the soap (which I couldn't get a decent lather from). Into the bin it went !

  9. #9

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Interesting. I couldn't abide the scent nor the soap (which I couldn't get a decent lather from). Into the bin it went !
    Well that IS surprising.

    I find the soap to be one of the best non-tallow soaps I own and easily holds its own against soaps like C&E Sienna, GFT Coconut and AoS.

    There are soaps that whip up lather faster - like Valobra, Tabac and P160 (admittedly, P160 lathers as soon as you look at it) - but I've never had an issue with getting lots of richly scented lather that is very slick from Eucris.

    Mind you, our water here is very soft. I was even able to get my Caswell-Massey lather to stay around for 45 seconds or so

  10. #10

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Well that IS surprising.

    I find the soap to be one of the best non-tallow soaps I own and easily holds its own against soaps like C&E Sienna, GFT Coconut and AoS.

    There are soaps that whip up lather faster - like Valobra, Tabac and P160 (admittedly, P160 lathers as soon as you look at it) - but I've never had an issue with getting lots of richly scented lather that is very slick from Eucris.

    Mind you, our water here is very soft. I was even able to get my Caswell-Massey lather to stay around for 45 seconds or so
    I think it's time I investigated this soap in more detail. Off to London it is then!

    P160 got discontinued if I remember correctly?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Yeah, I managed to snag a kilo of the Tipo Morbido (soft type) from a fellow member on B&B a year or two back.
    I gave away over half of it to the Aussie wetshavers, but still have about 300g of it left.
    I find Valobra to be an excellent substitute, and it also comes in menthol, which is a plus.

    That's it - I'm dragging out the Eucris soap for tomorrow's shave. All this talk has made me want to go the shower gel/shaving soap/EDT combo and really 'old man' it up

  12. #12

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Bond's job as a spy is stealth and infiltration which if the bad guys can smell you a mile off will not be cool. " It was your cologne Mr Bond that gave you away, now watch as I destroy all humanity to bring in a new golden age where I rule the world Ha Ha Ha". Not cool!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    I don't think he gets that many ladies, really. If you detract all the honeytraps who were just doing their job, he's an average stud at best, esp. considering the money, car, suits, etc.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I don't think he gets that many ladies, really. If you detract all the honeytraps who were just doing their job, he's an average stud at best, esp. considering the money, car, suits, etc.
    He's not real, you know.....

    Or is he............??????????

  15. #15

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    He's not real, you know.....

    Or is he............??????????
    I have always thought he really is there in Great Britain (British Secret Service, isn't it) and chases bad guys all around the world, drives those fast cars and gets all those beautiful women
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

  16. #16

    Default Re: Trumper's Eucris

    If he was 'real' he wouldn't be getting up to one tenth of the shenanigans of the books and films. Health & Safety regs and budget cuts due to the recession have made sure of that.

    I had to cancel my membership of Buck's Club and had to hand back the keys for my SLS a few weeks ago.

    Now I have my lunch at Subway and have an Oyster Card.
    Last edited by joe mcclaine; 14th November 2012 at 06:43 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Trumper's Eucris
    By CDG in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 9th July 2012, 10:52 PM
  2. Question for Fans of Trumper's Eucris
    By A. Homme in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th September 2011, 07:18 AM
  3. Eucris - Geo F. Trumper (1912) AND Francesco Smalto pour Homme (1987)
    By DuNezDeBuzier in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17th May 2011, 03:27 PM
  4. George F Trumper Eucris - Aramis Tuscany
    By sqboy1 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th January 2006, 01:28 AM
  5. Geo F. Trumper Eucris
    By RTbar in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 8th September 2005, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000