Code of Conduct

Default Why doesn`t Boucheron come up with a new male-fragrance?

Boucheron has two sophisticated excellent male fragrances in their line, mostly estimated to a mature crowd (boucheron Jaipur and Boucheron Pour homme). Other companies are pumping out new stuff all the time, but it`s been a long time since Boucheron came out with those two scents. Do you think we will we see something new from Boucheron soon? Both Pour homme and Jaipur are elegant concervative fragrances. Can we imagine that Boucheron will create something youthful and modern some day?

Default Re: Why doesn`t Boucheron come up with a new male-fragrance?

I think the house of Boucheron; is not the serious kind for fragrances - given the admiration for Jaipur itself, should have tempted them to explore more - instead they created mediocre flankers and stopped making fragrances for sometime, now it seems they have given the rights to a new firm to manufacture these, when i wrote to them about the jaipur refill refitting the old metal flask - i only got a goat's response, in fact they seem very disinterested now they have discontinued most of their women's line and have released a limited edition flanker for the pour femme and a new fragrance which is so unoriginal The Jaipur Bracelet for Women which is a (Dior's Pure Poison Knock-off) - Its really sad to see the lack of vision from the folks at Boucheron, given the right momentum and creative head - could have been a really class leading haute-perfumerie which in this case is miserably failing.

- - - Updated - - -

Another idea would be - Since they dedicated Jaipur to India ; could do one with North African/Arabian themed something like Khartoum Pour Homme (with somalian incense,oud and sudanese benzoin) lol

Their line-up is missing a nice aquatic scent - Boucheron Acqua, perhaps?
    Cheers,
    Renato

As a contrast, Cartier that is also a jeweller-house, has much more ambitions when it comes to their fragrances.

Last years they changed the parent company. Next fall they are going to release the new pillar fragrance for women, and the mens release is coming in 2014.

I would be looking forward to a new release of theirs.

Hopefully them taking their time is a good sign and they will release another quality scent.

A new release by Boucheron is something to be excited about.....Gary

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have heard many positive commentaries made on Bucherons Jaipur. I am tempted to purchase it. Can anyone describe the scent to me and tell me whether I should get the edt or the edp? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I have heard many positive commentaries made on Bucherons Jaipur. I am tempted to purchase it. Can anyone describe the scent to me and tell me whether I should get the edt or the edp? Thank you.
    Fit for a Prince, on the day of his coronation ; today - he will become a king and a noble one!
    Get the EDP!

It`s one the best male oriental fragrances created EVER! It`s regal. The highest level of refinement.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

My respect for Boucheron actually derives mainly from their very conservative rate of fragrances, apart from the fact that what they have released to date (originals and flankers) are all very good, IMO. It may actually indicate focus, rather than lethargy.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Jaipur EDP has to be the best thing that has ever happened to me. Jaipur EDP - Frag # 1

The Boucheron Pour Homme in the EDP is wonderful.

The women got a youthful launch called Miss Boucheron, a confection of pink pepper and florals, but it was never a huge hit.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

In many ways, Boucheron male scents have set quite a few benchmarks of quality, elegance and creativity, possibly they might have reservations about any new scent, especially one following current trends towards aquatics, sports, gourmands etc. would add and innovate very little.

I`m a big fan of Boucheron male-fragrances, and both B.Pour homme and Jaipur are uber-classy. Here are som questions:

1. What`s the main differences between (the companies) Boucheron and Cartier?
    2. Does Boucheron male-fragrances has enough loyal fans to not be discontinued?
    3. The male fragrances from Boucheron is easily available in my country. What about your country? -and why so few airport dutyfree shop carry them?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I`m a big fan of Boucheron male-fragrances, and both B.Pour homme and Jaipur are uber-classy. Here are som questions:

3. The male fragrances from Boucheron is easily available in my country. What about your country? -and why so few airport dutyfree shop carry them?
    It seems that in Hungary, apart from the online retailers, only Marionnaud is carrying the line. And I don't think that there are more than 2 Marionnaud shops in the whole country. So I should travel to the capitol for me to be able to try their scents.

It's great, think Shalimar (powdery vanilla) with a topping of cinnamon. You get the cinnamon first and then the powdery vanilla. Glad I have a bottle of the EDT, looking for the EDP now.
    Last edited by chopwet; 7th October 2012 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Last years they changed the parent company. Next fall they are going to release the new pillar fragrance for women, and the mens release is coming in 2014.
    Thanks for the update. I know they have been discontinuing some scents on their Web site.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Can`t wait!

I like them but I think maybe for an older genteleman, like Creeds Bois du Portugal, that kind of vibe. Last year In Marshalls I found a bottle of Eau Fraicheur (spelling?) and I liked it very much but give it to my brother as a present.

A house that created Jaipur EdP need never create another male scent for the rest of its corporate life, and remain among the all-time greats. Tiffany has only two (one significant) men's fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by frug View Post
    A house that created Jaipur EdP need never create another male scent for the rest of its corporate life, and remain among the all-time greats. Tiffany has only two (one significant) men's fragrances.

They created Jaipur EDP and instead of doing what you say, they discontinue it... fantastic...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    They created Jaipur EDP and instead of doing what you say, they discontinue it... fantastic...
    I saw Jaipur EdP at Dillard's today...

Yes, it's still available in some places. No doubt about it, but here is disappearing fast and SA's from various important stores say they're not stocking them again... don't know if it has something to do with companies affairs and in some months/years the start to distribute Jaipur again but it's becoming harder to find nowadays.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Yes, it's still available in some places. No doubt about it, but here is disappearing fast and SA's from various important stores say they're not stocking them again... don't know if it has something to do with companies affairs and in some months/years the start to distribute Jaipur again but it's becoming harder to find nowadays.
    Maby hard to find, but it`s definitively not discontinued. Still on their home-page.

I'm not holding my breath. Boucheron is too loud and Jaipur is just powdery heliotrope. You gotta have a balance folks.

I dont think its discontinued, i see it everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by frug View Post
    I saw Jaipur EdP at Dillard's today...
    Same here. Well, not at Dillards obviously, but I did see Jaipur Homme in the edt and edp in new gift boxs ( for Christmas season) on display this past week. They are very much around.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !