Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Saturday 22nd September 2012

Morning ladies,

A cold one up here with a bit of sunshine. I'm thinking Sel Marin would fit the bill while I'm working I hope everyone else has a good Saturday

Default Re: SOTD: Saturday 22nd September 2012

Today I will be luxuriating in new Histoires de Parfums, Music-Hall Le Parfum. My exclusive-looking sample arrived yesterday in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post

A cold one up here with a bit of sunshine. I'm thinking Sel Marin would fit the bill while I'm working I hope everyone else has a good Saturday
    Same here honey. Beautiful morning. The first frost, and sunshine, makes you want to be outside. Sel Marin! What a great choice! We are thinking alike this morning with our choice of cool, sheer, ethereal, goes well with the frost, but my choice is my new Lumiere Noire Pour Femme which arrived yesterday.

Have a lovely weekend all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Today I will be luxuriating in new Histoires de Parfums, Music-Hall Le Parfum. My exclusive-looking sample arrived yesterday in the mail.

Good morning darling. Enjoy and tell all!

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Good morning darling. Enjoy and tell all!
    Hello Auntie Foustie You will know everything.

Good morning. It's the same down in London - crisp, sunny and chilly. I'm actually looking forward to winter.

I'm in Une Voix Noire, listening to Billie singing He's Funny That Way.
    Do happy

Good morning!...Have a fragrant and flamboyant weekend!

Sel Marn

I hope everbody has had his shot by now...
    Tabac Blond

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Dior Dolce Vita, best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Ineke Briar Rose, LE.

Have a nice weekend.

Hello all. JHAG Calamity J.
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Saturday 22nd September 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Roberto, what an odd photo of Antaeus! I chuckle because this was my secret cabinet scent. I purchased a 50 ml bottle of Antaeus and hid it away in my closet for surreptitious encounters. Just me and Antaeus, lol! Something about this fragrance really rings my bell.

Today I am in Le Labo Iris 39. I gave it a full day's wearing yesterday and was really delighted by midday at the soft earthy impression. As Isaac in the Nolita store described to me, the first fifteen minutes is a "ginger fizzy ride" but the heart of the matter for me comes later. This may well be the replacement (well, not really, but you know what I mean) for Chanel no. 19.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

One spritz of vintage Ma Griffe pdt between the wrists this morning.

Happy Saturday!

Scent of the evening is Bond No. 9 New Haarlem.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Foustie, isn't LNPF beautiful? I just bought it recently too and it's worth every penny. Enjoy!!

For the 1st official day of fall, I'm wearing Garner James Souk, all spicy and warm.

Have a great weekend.

Aww Kiliwia, you make me honored. Love the pic, exactly what I was shooting for. I wearing the reformulation and would LOVE your thoughts. It's the same, just a little bigger and slightly smoother.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Good Day, All

A beautiful, sunny but crisp day here in London. Plenty of Chanel Cuir de Russie (parfum + EdT) for me.

Have a lovely Saturday.

Blog Entries

We're going to the "Quiet Corner" of CT -- the northeast-- to go antiquing (hubby's idea).

I'm wearing Gal Trebol.

Hanae Mori Him

What I've Been Wearing:

Torn between the two perfumes I bought at Burgins in York during my recent trip to England. Think it will be Yvresse by YSL today, it's just divine. I also bought Noir Divin by Stendhal, a really outstanding fragrance as well. Thanks to the SA there who suggested these two to me, sorry I didn't get his name, he was terrific!

Hello everyone!

I'm in lots of rosy, mossy and gorgeous vintage-70s Calvin Klein. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Evangeline, le Mouchoir de Monsieur and you should get together. He loves your SotD. Look at last night's Friday SotD posts if you don't believe me. I will miss our MdM. He's fun.

Ma Griffe has disappeared entirely on my skin. It never did have much longevity for me. I don't mind, though, because now I can wear something different.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Evangeline, le Mouchoir de Monsieur and you should get together. He loves your SotD. Look at last night's Friday SotD posts if you don't believe me. I will miss our MdM. He's fun.
    Yep, I just noticed that! It's such a beautiful and special fragrance to me (the first one I bought for myself with money I saved specifically for it ...and also the first fragrance I ever backed-up!) but I don't believe I've ever seen another person mention it here, or even comment when I've worn it. He must have uncommonly good taste!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    Aww Kiliwia, you make me honored. Love the pic, exactly what I was shooting for. I wearing the reformulation and would LOVE your thoughts. It's the same, just a little bigger and slightly smoother.
    I've always liked Souk. I like it now even more than when we sampled your 3 scents last year. The sample you sent me in July this year is wonderful, not a complaint anywhere. When you're done tweaking it, I definitely would like to buy a bottle. Are you still working on Sikar, I haven't heard anything about that one lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Yep, I just noticed that! It's such a beautiful and special fragrance to me (the first one I bought for myself with money I saved specifically for it ...and also the first fragrance I ever backed-up!) but I don't believe I've ever seen another person mention it here, or even comment when I've worn it. He must have uncommonly good taste!
    I've never smelled it that I can recall. I remember that era well, but I don't remember the original Calvin Klein fragrance. I know that you have uncommonly good taste!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

YSL-Rive Gauche

Good evening!
    Greyish day, here in Milan. SotM was gorgeous Azemour Les Orangers. SotA, a tiny drop of Onda extrait.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Le Baiser Du Dragon..I really dig it, the opening, the middle..becomes powdery...but then *really* musky. Darn it!. I didn't even smell the gardenia..so double darn..as I was glad I didn't pick that note up. I did smell something slightly off-putting and green in the top notes. Not sure what..but I totally dug the amaretto and almond...and the powder.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hello, everybody. Winks & Waves to RHM!

As I was sorting the soiled laundry this a.m., I was attracted to the scent of one of my nicer tops, which I'd worn when we visitors some days ago. I inhaled deeply and immediately felt like I was in the company of a pleasant, mothering, mature/senior female. It took a moment to remember what fragrance I'd worn with that shirt. It was Bond No. 9's I Love New York for Mothers Day! Clearly, this formulation was properly paired with its name.

So now I'm wearing some of the last of my sample and wondering if I should seek out a split with somebody. I feel like I could tire of this perfume after a certain number of wearings, so I'd never commit to one of their big bottles, and nobody dares to sell decants against Bond's threats. I may buy a handful of samples from auction. Hmmm. Really undecided.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Twolf, I tried that Ineke rose last time I was browsing through Anthropologie in SoBe...I sort of liked it, but it soured a bit on me.
    rtamara41 - I love the Antaeus affair you've confessed - I can just picture you looking around before you sneak into your secret hiding place and then indulging yourself. (wink) I think Antaeus would smell sexy as hell on a woman. (hugs)
    lilybelle - I will be missing lmdm too...and I am with you on the Ma Griffe (remember you sent me some?). I like the **idea** of it, but I can't seem to warm to it. Have you ever smelled the vintage stuff (I believe you own the 'new' EdP - correct?)
    iodine - I love your Gromit avatar!

Sampling, for the 1st time...

Honour Man by Amouage

Pepper/geranium/incense/vetiver done up luxuriously and yet very subdued.

It's still very much warm and humid here in Miami - I woke up late and have been eating a late breakfast and doing laundry/paying bills. In a minute I'm going to go out in my backyard and take advantage of some new exterior furniture that we bought for the deck and work on my tan line. Hugs to all!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Bal de Roses for me.

Good Evening,

Ambre Précieux tonight.

XO for all.

Good evening. SOTE: Tabac Blond - vintage extrait for an evening out in London town.

Hat + 5 Roses, Paris (Vogue), 1956.jpg
    Do happy

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    lilybelle - I will be missing lmdm too...and I am with you on the Ma Griffe (remember you sent me some?). I like the **idea** of it, but I can't seem to warm to it. Have you ever smelled the vintage stuff (I believe you own the 'new' EdP - correct?)
    I did have the new edp but I sent it on to a more loving home. In the meantime, I have acquired a vintage pdt. I don't know the year but it is the exact same bottle that I had in the mid-70s. It smells exactly as I recall, except that it isn't as fresh as it could be after so many years, but it's not *off* either. I can send you a decant of this one, if you'd like to try it. It is rather dusty. Is that oak moss? I am not accustomed to that note anymore.

NOW wearing: Ombre Rose parfum. A very kind, very generous Basenoter sent me a vintage 7.5 ml sealed bottle of this in a care package of other things to try. I wore Ombre Rose back in the early 80s. The current version of Ombre Rose, called Original, smells ok (sort of like baby oil) but it is missing something. Vintage is defintely better. Vintage is always better...but it is hard to find it in truly wearable condition.

Adding...I see Ladymurasaki is also wearing vintage. Enjoy your evening!

Hi all, (special wave to Quarry, Lilybelle, rtamara41, my "Nawlins" buddies)

Wearing La Rose Jacqeuminot today, a comfort scent for me.

After a lovely week, our heat and humidity are back, alas.

Lilybelle, will lMdM not be posting anymore? (That would make me very sad... I realized he was moving via the recent wonderful 1x o1 thread, but, has he mentioned that he'd not have time for basenotes at all anymore?)

rtamara41, love your SOTD. I think of Iris 39 as my sporty iris, vs my plush iris, Iris Poudre. (I met Fabrice Penot at Saks several weeks ago. I told him about basenotes. He seemed rather amused that some people collect so much perfume.)

(I've put up some freebies, check out the freebies thread!)
    Last edited by C Rose; 22nd September 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Keiko M Datura Blanche today, magical as always, over coconut body butter that is alarmingly glittery. When I wanted the coconut cream from Body Shop over the summer, they only had the "coconut shimmer", which is quite an understatement for what it does. I really like the texture of the coconut one best and the smell is subtle and nice, but now when I wear it I feel like one of the ridiculous Twilight vampires, who, instead of turning into a pile of dust as a vampire should when exposed to light, glitter in the sun.

Will be happy when I can replace it with non-shimmering coconut but for now I am the glimmering Datura Blanche fairy.

Lol, Robin! Hope you can get your body butter soon- minus the Twilight dust!

You all smell great, I smell like haircolor and No.5. Not necessarily a combo I'd recommend. But my roots look a whole lot better!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post

Wearing La Rose Jacqeuminot today, a comfort scent for me.

After a lovely week, our heat and humidity are back, alas.

Lilybelle, will lMdM not be posting anymore? (That would make me very sad... I realized he was moving via the recent wonderful 1x o1 thread, but, has mentioned that he'd not have time for basenotes anymore?)

rtamara41, love your SOTD. I think of Iris 39 as my sporty iris, vs my plush iris, Iris Poudre. (I met Fabrice Penot at Saks several weeks ago. I told him about basenotes. He seemed rather amused that some people collect so much perfume.)
    Hi, C. Rose! It is so good to see you! lMdM is going to Paris for a month or so and will probably be too busy to play with us here. I HOPE he'll be back...eventually. It has turned warm and humid here again too. Today is the first day of Autumn, by the way. I suppose cooler weather is on the way.

Good evening fragrant friends. I have missed you all so much. Mr Ali is wonderful company and growing increasingly handsome in that rugged, silver foxy way some men do, but he has less than no interest in my perfumed obsessions.

Waiting to leave Barcelona airport I sampled Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant. An unwise move as the single cuminous spray to my arm created a plane full of curried body odour for 2 hours. It is still going strong 12 hours later despite a scrubbing and an application of alcohol handrub. Thankfully I didn't buy as it was priced in the same bracket as Montale. I admit to quite enjoying Jungle but maybe a small decant or large sample will be as much as I allow myself to indulge this guilty pleasure

Comme des Garçons Series 3 Incense: Ourzazate.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    Hello, lovely one. What fine memories we all possess. And let's not forget Mikey and his tan lines.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Ooooh, looks like a really rosy scented day here... and I chose Drole de Rose for today too! Can't believe it is fall already; we are getting the tail end of a heat wave here!

just received a sample of this in the mail

Chanel Coco Noir

Meh. Disappointing. And to think Polge and Sheldrake - arguably two of the best noses around - were behind this!
    Last edited by whimsicaldiva; 23rd September 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Hi everyone -

I'm in Coromandel for dinner out with friends. Oysters are back in season and there's at least a dozen with my name on 'em ...at least!

Y'all have a fantastic evening!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    ...I know that you have uncommonly good taste!
    Thanks lilybelle! That's a mighty fine compliment ... especially considering the source and all.

I am testing Houbigant Orangers en Fleurs, thanks to 30 Roses for the sample. It feels classic, which is not to say it is old-fashioned, but more in the line of vintage perfumes of years gone by. It is a little too floral for my taste, I think. The rose note seems very prominent to me, although other reviewers have not mentioned it. I picked today to test it because we were going to a garden wedding, but I got stuck at work and couldn't go ... pity. I think this would have been lovely to wear in that setting.

Top notes: orange blossom, rose absolute, jasmine absolute
    middle notes: tuberose, eau de brouts, ylang comores, and nutmeg
    base notes: cedar wood and musk

eau de brouts? from Perfume Shrine: "eau de brouts is the equivalent of orange water absolute and is obtained as a by-product from petigrain bigarade oil" great article here: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...tit-grain.html

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Armani Code Ultimate
    Gary

CN-you smell good dearie!

AM: No. 88 by Czech & Speake
    PM: Jicky

I am in Cologne Blanche today. Too bad Dior discontinued it.

Yesterday I went to see the space shuttle land at the Los Angeles airport. It was great!!
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Well, I wasn't able to work on my tan like I wanted to, it rained ALL afternoon, soi took an indulgently long nap and then headed to the gym for a grueling workout. Currently in:

Bang by Marc Jacobs layered with Les Plus Belles Lavandes by Caron

A strange combination, I admit, that I came up with this afternoon - that Amouage I tested this morning left me with a pepper craving and the Marc Jacobs satisfies, plus it has so much Iso-E-Super that when you layer it with another scent it 'amplifies' it nicely.

Late tonight it will be something leathery...probably Tribute by Amouage. I'm feeling a bit indulgent...
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle